PDA

View Full Version : Ab Wheel Question

Bill Ennis
03-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi Everyone;
I'll be doing Monday's WOD later today and have a question about the Ab wheel . I don't have one but it looks pretty easy to improvise- I'm going to take a few weight plates and put a bar I have thru them and use that .
Two questions though :
1. Does anyone know the dimensions of an Ab wheel ( Diameter ) ? Just to decide what size plate to use.
2. From what I've seen online , it looks like 1 rep starts on your knees , roll flat out to a plank-like position and then back . Is that correct ?
Thanks for all the help.
Bill

Allen Yeh
03-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi Everyone;
I'll be doing Monday's WOD later today and have a question about the Ab wheel . I don't have one but it looks pretty easy to improvise- I'm going to take a few weight plates and put a bar I have thru them and use that .
Two questions though :
1. Does anyone know the dimensions of an Ab wheel ( Diameter ) ? Just to decide what size plate to use.
2. From what I've seen online , it looks like 1 rep starts on your knees , roll flat out to a plank-like position and then back . Is that correct ?
Thanks for all the help.
Bill

2. A 10 pound plate should be fine.

2. That is one variation, you'd like to work up to the point where you can do it on your toes but the last time I tried did one on my toes my abdominals felt like I had beaten then to death for days after that.

Bill Ennis
03-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks Allen; it worked great.
Bill

Brian Stone
03-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Thanks Allen; it worked great.
Bill

Bill,

Ross Enamait's page has some good videos for constructing your own ab wheel, as well as variations on its use.

http://www.rosstraining.com/