PDA

View Full Version : Iron Woody Bumpers

George Heckert
03-24-2009, 09:18 AM
I saw that Iron Woody is having a sale on their "IronWoody" brand bumpers at 50 cents per pound! I was wondering if anyone has used their bumpers before, if they are decent or of shoddy quality. They say that the are clearance items but you can never be too sure if they aren't just crap.

Garrett Smith
03-24-2009, 10:04 AM
This?
http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/woody-plates.php
These are rubber plates at cast iron prices. They look like bumpers, but they are not. Iron Woody Weight Plates are high quality, rubber-encased steel plates.
[...]
Treat them like you would a regular steel or cast iron plate. You can’t drop or slam them as you might with bumper plates.
They are not bumpers. I haven't run into or heard of too many metal plates (which these basically are) that don't perform as advertised. Sorry to burst any bubble...

George Heckert
03-24-2009, 11:25 AM
I guess next time I should actually READ EVERYTHING before I ask questions. Thanks for pointing that out Dr. G.

Garrett Smith
03-24-2009, 11:28 AM
If only they were bumpers at that price...excitement can get the best of anyone, no worries.

George Heckert
03-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Where do you get your bumpers? Are there any brands to avoid?

Garrett Smith
03-24-2009, 01:21 PM
I personally have a minimal mix of the old "RB Rubber" bumpers (25 & 15 kgs) and a set of York 10# bumpers. They work fine for me, but I can't say I put a ton of wear on them, so that's maybe not so valuable of feedback. I've gotten to the point that I have to buy some more 10kg bumpers soon.

Derek Simonds
03-24-2009, 03:19 PM
I need more iron weight plates for the gym and I was going to order those. The only thing that sucks is .60 per LB for shipping if you ship to a business. If it is a personal address they UPS tacks on an additional $42 item charge.

Patrick Donnelly
03-25-2009, 12:53 PM
George, go with Hi-Temp, and you will be pleased.

Enrique Billington
03-26-2009, 12:36 AM
http://www.muscledriverusa.com/wfwblbuplp.html

Pretty much the cheapest deal on bumpers on the web. Free shipping! Gotta love it. I think I'm going to buy myself a Pendlay comp bar for my birthday.

George Heckert
03-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Decided to go with the Hi-Temps. Thanks Patrick!