PDA

View Full Version : A question for the martial artists

Craig Brown
03-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm currently eating purely paleo, about 50-60 grams a day of carbs, all from veggies. Starting a krav class wed/thurs nights...do you all carb up before you roll or do you not? Just wondering, I know Grissim was playing with this with positive results performance wise...

Craig

Chuck Kechter
03-26-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm currently eating purely paleo, about 50-60 grams a day of carbs, all from veggies. Starting a krav class wed/thurs nights...do you all carb up before you roll or do you not? Just wondering, I know Grissim was playing with this with positive results performance wise...

Craig

Before? No.

After, most times. Though I sometimes start my fast right after, just to mix things up.

Throwing and rolling with food in my system is a bad combination.

Mark Bennett
03-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Craig

As Chuck said, never before always after rolling. Currently with starchy veggies only.

You need to establish how intense the class is going to be and what your recovery is like.

Derek Simonds
03-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Agreed with both of the above and depending on level of exertion I will sometimes go off the ranch and drink some gatorade or chocolate milk on the way home.

Have fun with Krav.

Craig Brown
03-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the responses, it seemed weird as a before idea, but seemed like carbs were probably a good idea somewhere...chocolate milk on the ride home sounds up my alley!