PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Pendlay!

steve spear
04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm really excited, I ordered a Pendlay men's 20kg training bar on Friday and when I came home on Saturday it was waiting for me. Shipping was only like 11ish dollars to Ft bragg NC. The knurl is sweet I barley even use chalk now.... no tape and my hands are fine.... looking forward to set many PR on this bad boy!!!!!
Thanks GREG!!!!!!

George Mounce
04-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Keep using chalk, don't give it up!

Brian Lawyer
04-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Thanks GREG!!!!!!

Did you mean thanks Glenn?

I just bought that same Pendlay training bar last Thursday. I actually drove to Wichita to pick it up from Glenn. It is my second purchase from him and I always make him throw in a free training session while I am in Wichita. I had an awesome workout with his junior lifters team.

Regarding the bar, I really like it as well! I haven't figured out if it is placebo effect or what but for some reason I lift better with the training bar than I had with my previous HD bar. You wouldn't think a .5mm difference in diameter would make a big difference but with the Training bar it seems I can get a better grip on the bar.

The first thing I did when I took it out of the box was chalk up the knurling. Beyond that I just lightly chalk my index and middle fingers as needed. I don't know if it was the new bar or what but I didn't use tape or anything and didn't shred my hands. The previous bar I had been using was an HD and I seemed to always be ripping callouses.

steve spear
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Ahhh!! sorry Glenn..... Your bars are still awesome!

Patrick Donnelly
04-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Glenn is an amazing person. For all my future training-quality bumper and bar purchases, he's the only one I have to visit.

(I'd love to see him start offering Olympic-quality competition sets too, but I guess Werksan and Eleiko already have that market, however small it may be, covered.)