PDA

View Full Version : Feet landing forward on snatch

Steven Walczak
04-30-2009, 08:53 PM
After seeing that pretty much every lifter lands with angled feet on a snatch, I noticed that I don't. Is there anything I can do to stop this or is it normal for certain lifters? I don't have trouble landing angled with a broomstick but once I start using weight it seems my body is telling me the more stable position is with straight feet, so is this gonna hold me back?

glennpendlay
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
forward feet? do you mean you are jumping forward?

Steven Walczak
04-30-2009, 10:44 PM
No I mean instead of my feet angled outwards after third pull, my feet are pointed straight ahead.

Brian DeGennaro
05-01-2009, 04:07 AM
If your ankles are flexible enough, there isn't much of a problem there but we can't tell without a video.

Steven Walczak
05-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm working on ankle flexibility but I was wondering what are some good stretches for that? Sadly I don't have a video right now but today I worked with the bar and got a few decent snatches with angled outward feet, I guess I just have to teach myself slowly to adapt to it.

Brian DeGennaro
05-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah, the best thing is to practice the transitioning of the feet just standing, then add the barbell element progressively.

Steven Walczak
05-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Was wondering if anyone had any more ideas on this, i'm still landing with my feet pointed straight on heavy snatches and I can squat deep that way but sometimes I land on my toes and I fall forward :(