PDA

View Full Version : William Pendlays log. OL/rowing/KB/martial arts

glennpendlay
05-06-2009, 09:17 PM
This is my son, William. He is 7 years old. He has been doing OL since he was able to walk, Martial arts at a local kids academy since he was 6, KB's since he was 6, and recently started rowing on a C2. He is a good reader, and has been reading my workout log, as well as a couple of you other guys logs. He wanted to start his own, so I am helping him do so, not that he needed much help. He is pretty good at internet navigation. A little motivation for him would be nice, as well as realizing that he is 7 and keeping it appropriate for his age. Thank you everyone. He put his workouts today on a word document, which I will copy to the next post. Hopefully he will be posting by himself from now on.

glenn pendlay

glennpendlay
05-06-2009, 09:53 PM
wednesday. 6th of may 2009

snatch 10k for 2, 12k for 2, 14k for 2, 16k for 1, did that 3 times. my max is twenty so it was super easy clean jerk 10k for 2 14k for 2, 20k for 1, did that 3 times, 14k for 2 my best is 25k I beat collin today on clean jerk, but dad says I ben my arms on clean jerk. so i cant do 25 again until my arms r strate

warrior class for 45 minutes. i did stick fighting and didnt get out even once.

rowing did 2:39 for 500 metars at carlas gym while she ran outside. it was super super hard hard hard. I get a DS if i get 2:30

got mcdonalds today

I have a competition and i hope i beat dane and collin and anthony. even though im only 7 and they are older than me they cant beat me.

keep in mind im 7 and dad says my weights are good for a 7 year old.

Gant Grimes
05-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi, William. Good work, buddy. See you this evening.

glennpendlay
05-07-2009, 07:28 PM
hello grant. i did rowing in 3 minutes. at weightlifting i did 20k for 5 sets squatting. my pr is 42k. my leg hurt today. then at home i did 4k kettlbell for 20 reps each arm for clean jerk. dad says its called long cicle on kettlbell. my best is 35 reps for each arm in 3 minutes when charel haworth was at our house. she is a bronze medalist in the olympics and she came to see dad. she stayed here untill 2am and i got to stay up till she left. now i have to go to bed. i just finished my book i am reading and its a fourth grade book.

glennpendlay
05-07-2009, 07:34 PM
also the reason my rowing was bad is because i have a blister on my hand and it hurts really bad.

glennpendlay
05-07-2009, 07:37 PM
and also dad says i rode my bike for about an hour, and its a new green bike. and also dad says you beat him up in judo class. and he complains a lot about how sore he is after you beat him up. and he never lets me punch him hard in the stomach after you do it.

Júlíus G. Magnússon
05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Wow. That's some seriously impressive work. Keep it up, man.

Rafe Kelley
05-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Awesome Job William you are putting up some very impressive numbers i look forward to seeing what you can do as you grow up, if you dad won't let you punch him in the stomack goes gants beats him up you should see if you can punch gant instead.

Arien Malec
05-07-2009, 10:25 PM
William -- keep it up and keep posting. Really impressive work!

glennpendlay
05-08-2009, 03:07 PM
i ran a quarter mile in 3 minutes and 20 seconds today. my best is 2 minutes and 51 seconds. today was very hot and I stopped in the middle to rest. i have a meet tomorrow so I am not lifting weights today. also dad let me punch him and said it felt like a fly landed on him. i am going to practice on my punching bag tonight.

glennpendlay
05-08-2009, 03:10 PM
also i spelled gant wrong yesterday. so hello gant, and also hello arien and rafe and julius. if you guys live in texas you should come and train at the ymca with our team.

Chris H Laing
05-08-2009, 03:27 PM
i am going to practice on my punching bag tonight.

Sounds like a good plan William. Your dad better watch out. :D

Arien Malec
05-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Good luck on the meet tomorrow. You are my new fitness hero. You are going to be lifting a lot more than me really soon now!

Emily Mattes
05-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I look forward to seeing your meet results!

Your dad shouldn't make fun of your punching, lest it motivate you to get so strong that punching him REALLY hurts.

glennpendlay
05-08-2009, 06:46 PM
dad rowed so me too. he said go really slow. but at the last i sped up to 2;24 pace which is my best ever. and my blister still hurt. and emily, my dad is lying when he says it didnt hurt. sometimes he says ouch. When i unched him today he said harder than a mosquito and harder than a fly, more like a big bug landed on him. hes crazy. im not suposed to do any kettlbells tonight because of tomorrow.

Brian Lawyer
05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
also i spelled gant wrong yesterday. so hello gant, and also hello arien and rafe and julius. if you guys live in texas you should come and train at the ymca with our team.

Hey William,
I think I saw you today. If I knew which one you were I would have introduced myself. Your dad was real busy with all the kids he brought. I think he had like 16. I am not sure if I got to see your lifts or not because I got there a little later.

I am going to try to come up to the YMCA in June and work out with you all.

talk later,
Brian

glennpendlay
05-09-2009, 08:15 PM
hello brian. I know who you are bald and blue singlet. dad told bobby you need to stay on your heals and dip strate. i was throwing darts when you were lifting. did you see my bulls eye/? I left it in the board for people to see. we had a meet in a barn today and outside was muddy and i got mud in the car. i also threw darts for a long time and threw darts with dane and got a bulls eye which i left in the board but dane tood down. i did 20k snatch and 26k clean and jerk. 46 total. 4k more than my meet 2 weeks ago. dad says my back wasnt strate on my cleans. and my hands hurt today from rowing. we went to gander montain but dad wouldnt buy me shoes or a fishing pole because he didnt have any money. i met gary deel today also. dad says he was good when he wasnt old and he had strong legs.

glennpendlay
05-09-2009, 08:19 PM
and brian i had a pendlay barbell shirt on and blue soccer shorts my dad bought for me when he was in greece at the world championships of weightlifting and I have a rock from the floor of the temple of athena in greece.

Derek Simonds
05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Congratulations on your new total William that is awesome!

Brian Lawyer
05-10-2009, 11:01 AM
hello brian. I know who you are bald and blue singlet. dad told bobby you need to stay on your heals and dip strate. i was throwing darts when you were lifting. did you see my bulls eye/? I left it in the board for people to see. we had a meet in a barn today and outside was muddy and i got mud in the car. i also threw darts for a long time and threw darts with dane and got a bulls eye which i left in the board but dane tood down. i did 20k snatch and 26k clean and jerk. 46 total. 4k more than my meet 2 weeks ago. dad says my back wasnt strate on my cleans. and my hands hurt today from rowing. we went to gander montain but dad wouldnt buy me shoes or a fishing pole because he didnt have any money. i met gary deel today also. dad says he was good when he wasnt old and he had strong legs.

Hey William,
Let me set the record straight on a couple things.

1. I am not bald yet just shaved my head....just messing with you. :D I am getting a little bald spot in the back but still have the majority of my hair intact.

2. I did see your bulls eye.

3. That wasn't a barn, it was the Van Alstyne Fine Arts and Recreation Center.

4. I agree with you the mudd I got in my car sucked.

5. I met Gary Deal to and he was telling me about how back in the day he was a good lifter. But you are clearly more popular around the Olympic lifting community then me. Lucky you get to hang out with your Dad so much...haha. You probably saw my two boys. After my first CJ they were more into the tractor in the back of the barn, oops, I mean Van Alstyne Fine Arts and Rec.

I'm going to try to come work out with you next month. I want to come on a day when you and Caleb are training. See you then!

-Brian

glennpendlay
05-10-2009, 07:57 PM
i ran 1/4 mile at the track at the middle school. time 2;22. my old best was 2;51. and i had jeans on. im not sore from my weightlifting m,eet.

Craig Brown
05-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi William-

Good to see you on the boards! I saw Cheryl Haworth lift years ago- she's strong! Anyway, have fun lifting!

Craig

glennpendlay
05-11-2009, 07:42 PM
500meter row. 2;59

glennpendlay
05-12-2009, 08:39 PM
warrior class for 45 minutes.

i rowed before dad and did 2;58 and it wasnt hard. after dad rowed i did another 500 meter. 2;37.3 which makes me ranked number 2 on the concept two site in the 12 year old class and im only 7. it was really hard and made me really dissy and almost fell down.

i am still up because i got a headache after i rowed that one and i have thrown up 5 times since i rowed. dad said i can stay up until i am not throwing up anymore.

glennpendlay
05-12-2009, 08:56 PM
also dad said we have to do 3 minute pace for a while before I try to go fast again because he doesnt want me to throw up again.

glennpendlay
05-15-2009, 06:19 AM
yesterday i did 45minutes of warrior class but forgot to post it. Now i am almost late for school.

glennpendlay
05-21-2009, 06:01 PM
45 minute warrior class

glennpendlay
05-22-2009, 04:47 PM
i had a olympic weightlifting meet today. i snatched 17 and clean and jerked 24. i tried to snatch 19 and clean and jerk 27 but missed them because i have not been practicing much lately.

George Mounce
05-22-2009, 04:54 PM
William awesome to see you posting. Love the humor. Keep up the good work! I love rowing myself and it is an awesome training tool!

glennpendlay
05-25-2009, 06:47 AM
yesterday i did 200 clean and press with 10lb kettlbell. today dad is real real sore this morning from doing that yestyerday, and i am not sore at all. haha on dad.

also we rode bikes with the dogs yesterday again.

glennpendlay
05-27-2009, 03:18 PM
yesterday I rode my bike for a long time. I did a lot of snatches with a 10lb kettlbell. then i did a whole bunch of over head squats with a 10lb kettlbell. and i can do those better than my dad who stinks at them and dropped his kettlbell.

i have a test at warrior class today to get my stripe for my green belt. right now i have a green belt with no stripe. my test is in 30 minutes from right now.

glennpendlay
05-27-2009, 08:09 PM
i got my stripe and got an A on my evalution in warrior class. then we had fighting with bocksing gloves. i bocksed my friend so i didnt hit him in the head. his name is zakery. dad is complaininb becausse his muscles hurt from kettlbells. i did 10 over head squats today with both arms with my kettlbell and it was hard. dad cant do that with his kettlbell.

I also got to play pokeman for 1 hour today on pokemon platinum. school is over friday. we get out early. i am going to ride my bike with my pit bull lots when school is over. my dog loves me and he likes to sleep with me if dad lets him. i also clean and jerked a 20 pound kettlbell today, i dont know how many kilos that is. ok dad said it was like 9 kilos. dad is proud of me for my stripe, but i thought i would get a sno cone for it but no because i eat to much sugar.

glennpendlay
05-27-2009, 08:14 PM
your thinking with your dipstick comercial is on tv and me and dad think that is funny. dad said to tipe fyi. dad also said to say hi to george. hi george. i dont know who you are. can you do over head sqauats with your kettlbell?

fyi means for your information.

glennpendlay
05-28-2009, 08:08 PM
today i did 200 snatches with a 10lb kettlbell. dad did not train at all today and he got beat by gant eating more than him. i laghed at him all day because dad is bigger than grant. also some of the time i eat more than dad. when i do i say i rule.

i like snatches better than clean and jerks. also today at weightlifting practice i did 10 clean and jerks with with a 20lb kettlbell on both arms. and when we were at dads warehouse i did 1 clean and jerk with a 25lb kettlbell.

also george i tried to read your workouts and it makes no sense.

and grant i read your workouts. you rule for beating dad at eating but he can lift more weight than you. actualy i can punch him as hard as i can and it doesnt hurt him.

glennpendlay
05-29-2009, 04:29 PM
40 clean and jerks with 20lb kettlbell.

glennpendlay
06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
5 sit ups then 5 push ups then 5 squat thrusts then 5 clean and jerks with 10 pound kettlebell

i did this thing 5 times in a row.

Gant Grimes
06-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Congratulations on your stripe, William. And good work on the lifting.

I haven't been training for awhile because I pulled a muscle on the back of my shoulder. That's not fun.

Don't give your dad a hard time about the eating. He had the look of defeat when we walked into the place. We'll be eating pizza soon. You can come along, and we'll both have a good laugh. Maybe you and I can have a pizza eating contest while your dad gets the kiddie meal with a couple chicken strips and a brownie. Maybe some mac and cheese if he's really hungry!

glennpendlay
06-08-2009, 10:58 PM
William is in bed. This is Glenn. But today he asked me what would make me think he was tough. I said 10 minutes long cycle with his 10lb KB. He said he would do it with one arm only and do it for 11 minutes. And he did. No arm switch, all with his right arm. We didnt count reps.

He was fine after.

glenn

Timothy Scalise
06-09-2009, 01:46 AM
you are without a doubt the coolest kid ever. I hope that I get to train with you and your dad someday.

glennpendlay
09-04-2009, 09:43 PM
i hav not been typing on this page but i have been training in kettleballs weightlifting shot putting and rowing. i live in california now and go to a new gym. i am going to start typing my training again. I am getting shot put lessons from david and he is a good coach for that.

today i did lots of shot put throws with a 2 kilo shot put. my best was 19 feet and 6 inches, and david says i do good for a 7 year old. i also rowed 500 meters in 2 minutes and 42 seconds. and the good thing is that i didnt puke. dad makes me keep the pace at 3 minutes for the first part of the row to make sure i dont barf on the floor. he is annoing because he is saying slow down slow down until i have 200 meters to go.

so I didnt use a kettleball today but now i am up to an 8kg kettleball which is 18 pounds. and i can do it easy. also i started 2nd grade and my new friend who is in third grade and lives in the house next to mine cant lift my kettleball over his head even once unless he used two hands which is illegal but he doesnt know that. he really doesnt train at all except at recess he plays basketball and dad says thats not really training which probably explains why i am so much bigger than him except that dad say i am bigger because of jenetic reasons.

and dad calls my new kettleball my crazyball and my kookball. and when he said that i said well you are a goofball. and that definately made him laugh a lot and he almost spit up his milk because i was doing the clean and jerk while he was eating breakfast before school.

also i am up to between 95 and 100 pounds depending on how much i eat. and my neighbor has a swimming pool which i can swim in and also a ps3 game and i am having a sleepover next weekend.

and actualy i was going to tell you about my dogs but dad says i have to stop typing now and take a shower.

Tom Rawls
09-05-2009, 06:40 AM
I enjoy reading about your training and also the other stuff. Tell us about your dogs. We have three. One is a puppy. My wife thinks he's cute, but he's a real pain. For example, he just bit my foot while I was typing this.

Keep up the good work.

Craig Brown
09-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi William. That's good on the Long Cycle! You are in Northern California now? I grew up out there in Walnut Creek. Take care, good lifting.

glennpendlay
09-17-2009, 07:25 PM
tom i have two dogs which are mack and maggy. mack is a giant pit bull and his tail is a deadly weapon when he wags it. he weighs more than a hundred pounds. he also farts a lot. i call his farts butt bombs. maggy is a black dog and is part cattle dog but i cant remember what dad said. she is old and she digs and barks at thunder and lightening.i am not typing all my workouts on this page but yesterday i did a 1000 row in 5 minutes and 45 seconds. donny shankle was cheering for me when i was almost done. donny is a weightlifter who i train with sometimes. i also used to punch him in the stomach. today is also my birthday and i got a laptop computer from my dad, a new shirt from the guys at the gym, m and m candy that has my name on it from my grandma, a story that she wrote for me also from my grandma, a game for me ds also from my grandma, and a card that sings happy birthday to me when i open it also from my grandma. and my dad also got me an ice cream cake from the tcby store. and my mom got me a pack of yugio cards. i am 8 years old as of today.

also by the way i am reading a book called dragon rider which has 523 pages. and i like california. and craig dad says the town you grew up in is only a few minutes away from where our house is on highway 680. he says you have to go north.

Tom Rawls
09-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Happy Birthday.

A new computer--sweet!

I've known some cattle dogs. They are tough and smart. That's sounds like an awfully big pit bull. Our grown-up dogs are big. One is a Leonburger. You can look up the breed on your computer. The other is a pound mutt. Our puppy is another Leonburger. Two dogs is a good number. Three dogs means a lot of barking and chewing.

Nice job with the rowing.

Arien Malec
09-18-2009, 08:44 AM
also by the way i am reading a book called dragon rider which has 523 pages. and i like california. and craig dad says the town you grew up in is only a few minutes away from where our house is on highway 680. he says you have to go north.

Happy birthday! Dragon Rider is one of my daughter's favorite books (she's 12 now but read it when she was about your age). Have you read the Percy Jackson books?

Tom Fetter
09-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Just found your training log, William, and I'm impressed. You are doing really well - posting some good numbers, and showing some determination to stick with it. Well done!

Part of why I'm excited to see a training log for a kid is that my son Nat trains too. He bends his elbows too much on the snatch and C&J too, but I'm dead certain his form isn't as good as yours! A lot of us are jealous that your Dad's right there to coach you.

Nat turns 11 in a couple of weeks, but you're already bigger. Nat's about 70 pounds and always seems to be the shortest in his class, but then nobody in my family is very tall. Being big helps some sports but being small helps others, so things balance out. While you're getting good at shotput, Nat's getting good at gymnastics.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing so many different kinds of training ... using the barbell lifts, kettlebells, on the rower, martial arts etc. We do those things too, and at least at our level, all those kinds of training help each other out. I bet you're finding that too.

What else do you do for fun? Nat's learning to play the drums ... they're really loud!

glennpendlay
09-21-2009, 07:32 PM
today i did shot put practice first with a 2 kilo shot put, then with a 1.2 kilo shot put. Then i did overhead throws to behind my head with a dinomax ball. then i ran the proagility test 20 times and got a best of 6.92 seconds. then i ran up and down a hill, then ran down it again and dad came to pick me up in his truck so i didnt have to run up the hill back to the gym.

Tom Rawls
09-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Years ago, when I was training for college sports, I worked out with a couple of shot-putters. They were both a lot stronger than I was.

We didn't run hills, but we ran up the steps of the football stadium.

glennpendlay
09-23-2009, 08:49 PM
today i did 20 proagility drills with a 6.89 best time. I did 100 kettlebell clean and jerks in a row with a 10 pound kettleball. i also ran up and down the hill. I also used google to see a leonburger dog. i wish i had a dog that looked like that. and also i did dynamax ball throws behind my head, a whole bunch of them.

Tom Rawls
09-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Nice work with the kettlebells.

Leonbergers are neat looking, aren't they? Our puppy got on the bed this morning and started chewing my wife's hair. "Good work, little man," is what I told him.

Tell your dad I noticed his good training on the rower.

Daniel Mays
10-14-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRgCOU7aobs Link is safe if you consider yourself awesome.

People still say I'm "too short" and "too enthusiastic" so at this point all I can say is just don't hit people in the face with them deadly weapons. Good luck training. Hope your dad isn't mad at me : )

glennpendlay
10-15-2009, 01:57 AM
i am saupposed to be in bed. i like paraliser and hot and cold for songs. dad sayd that band stinks. but i am starting judo again timorrow i did it before. i saw a girl who was 5 row 13000 meters and she beat dad but she was criing at the end. my laptop gets internet anywhbere even in my room. i read books at night when im not tired and i am never tired.

Gant Grimes
10-15-2009, 06:42 AM
William, it's good to see you are settling in to your new home. I talked to your dad last night, and he told me about the cool things you were doing. How are you liking the shot put?

glennpendlay
10-27-2009, 08:15 PM
dad is going to help me to link two new videos. on the first on i do 20k for two reps and walk like a duck on the second one which dad says is awsome. on the other one i made a new pr snatch of 22k

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaliforniaStrength#p/a/u/1/1o9YGg3PUR8

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaliforniaStrength#p/a/u/0/jQK-SACT1VA

plus today we found a boxing gym 25 minutes from our house and dad enroled me in their 8 year old program, and the same place has a wrestling program and i got in that also, so only do weightlifting and shot put on weekends.

Júlíus G. Magnússon
10-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Wow. Good job, William. You are by far the strongest 8 year old I have ever seen!

Arien Malec
10-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice lifting!

Gant Grimes
10-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Nice lifting, William! Way to stay tight and fight it out. I look forward to seeing some good things from you.

Brian Stone
10-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Great job, William! Way to have a great time with it and fight out the lifts!

Daniel Mays
10-28-2009, 03:10 PM
William,

With that amount of grit on the full snatch even I am impressed. For this one your definitely upgraded to DBZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjdToDxWuCI&feature=fvw

Good luck in the boxing and wrestling club!!!!

Danny Mays