PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift feedback

Chris Forbis
05-18-2009, 06:07 PM
6'4" / ~185#
5 reps @ 275#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXgZFnRwgOY

Right hand is supinated. I hook on all my warm-up sets. This wasn't ME, just my weekly work set and I thought I would get some feedback.

Robert Callahan
05-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Look pretty reasonable to me :)

6'4" 185 though? You could stand to gain some weight?

Garrett Smith
05-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Looks good. Nice work.

Arden Cogar Jr.
05-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Given your height and appendage length, good work.

Keep up the good work.

All the best,
Arden

Chris Forbis
05-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks, guys.

I'm looking to get back to a 2xBW 1RM, which I did a few years ago (end of summer?). Then maybe I will worry about my deficient squatting.

Look pretty reasonable to me :)

6'4" 185 though? You could stand to gain some weight?

I could stand to gain weight, yes. But I am not fond of how I feel when I consume the quantity and quality of calories necessary for my body to pack on pounds. So I worry about getting stronger instead.

Dave Van Skike
05-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Chris,

I think these look pretty good as well, you're working around the long leg thing pretty well..what do you think needs improvement?

you might shoot a vid a little closer to a limit weight, like a heavy double or triple

Chris Forbis
05-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Chris,

I think these look pretty good as well, you're working around the long leg thing pretty well..what do you think needs improvement?

you might shoot a vid a little closer to a limit weight, like a heavy double or triple

I thought it looked ok to me. But then, I have never coached or been coached when it comes to lifting so I thought I would see what more experienced folks thought.

The other lift I do is the RDL. I'm going to try to get some footage of that up tomorrow.