PDA

View Full Version : I made some clubbells

Grissim Connery
05-25-2009, 01:16 AM
there are some pictures

They are about 2 feet long. I tried to put a shoe, some bananas, and my hand in there for some perspective. They are hollow right now. they weigh in at 11 pounds right now. i can easily fill them with sand to get pretty heavy, and then lead to get really heavy.

one's made from a 1.5" by 12" nipple, a 2" by 6" nipple, a 2" to 1.5" reducer, two 2" closed nipples, two 2" couplings, a 2" cap, and a 1.5" cap. the 1.5" handle is pretty wide and really works your grip when you start swinging these. it cost me about $50 to make it. i could have made it cheaper, but i was able to make it reasonable top heavy by making it this way without making it too long that it would hit the ground. plus, i can unscrew them and make one big club.

i straight up sat on the floor in home depot and put this together there. i took the pieces out of the packages too. once i had my model, i just grabbed the same pieces for the second club and had them double it at the register.

Grissim Connery
05-25-2009, 01:16 AM
$50 per club that is

Garrett Smith
05-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Make sure to cover those exposed threads, especially the ones on the close end of the handles.

Are you going to put anything grippy on the handles?

Grissim Connery
05-25-2009, 03:11 PM
do i need to cover the threads so that my hands don't catch on them or is there another reason?

i went and bought some grip tape today. i'm not sure if i like grip tape or not. i used to play a lot of lacrosse, and when i was young i loaded my stick up with grip tape. later i realized that i really didni't like any grip tape except for right at the butt of the stick, so i knew how close i was to the butt. i found that it was hard to maneuver the stick and slide it around as much as i needed with all the grip tape. i'll see how i like it on the clubs though. i'm not gonna be cradling and twirling these guys around as much as a lax stick.... or am i?

Garrett Smith
05-26-2009, 06:16 AM
Exposed threads are sharp, not hand-friendly. You might or might not need the grip stuff since you have the pipe butt end on there.

When I do CBs, I'm swinging them all around, so threads under the palm would gash me up really quick.