PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Toughest Workout Contest

koryknowles
06-04-2009, 06:43 AM
You will love these workouts. They are a great break and challenging. Come up with your own ideas and post them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52vO9-2v6nw

Contest Rules

http://worldstoughestworkouts.com/the-challenge/

Patrick Donnelly
06-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Making someone tired/sore really isn't all that difficult.

(The Facebook page link wasn't working. Had a "..." in it. Could you share that one again?)

Grissim Connery
06-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Making someone tired/sore really isn't all that difficult.

i completely agree. thinking of some long, arduous workout like 150 clean and jerks at 185 lbs as fast as possible doesn't take a whole lot of science.

easy formula for tough workout:
compound movements
increase weight
increase reps
decrease time

and if you want to make it even more annoying:
increase number of exercises so the brain gets tired thinking of the movements

Tim Luby
06-04-2009, 08:33 AM
This is all very silly. No matter what you're doing, if you go balls to the wall it's gonna be rough.

koryknowles
06-04-2009, 08:47 AM
I can understand your point of view.

I enjoy this style of training and I don't do a thrashing every workout. I just enjoy them occassionally.

Most of the guys I workout with and train are headed into a SPECOP career so I have found it very beneficial for their success. It has worked great so in getting ready.

If you have some ideas I am very open. I really at the end of the day care about what is the best way to train and get my guys prepared.

Please share you thoughts and ideas.

Thanks for the comments.

Mike ODonnell
06-04-2009, 08:58 AM
all I know....is every hard workout....should end with a bunch of guys/gals sitting around sharing a few beers. :)

Kevin Perry
06-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Guinness?

koryknowles
06-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Mike I agree now that is the way to finish a workout.

I am down for a guinness.

Gant Grimes
06-04-2009, 12:33 PM
I really at the end of the day care about what is the best way to train and get my guys prepared.

Please share you thoughts and ideas.

Not this:

1) Your workout must last exactly ten minutes - the reason for this is so that it can fit on YouTube.

koryknowles
06-04-2009, 05:34 PM
That is the contest rule, not mine.

This isn't the only way we train. You can tell that by the rest of our videos.

But I do enjoy these 10 minute workouts. This contest has been fun and challenging.

Gant, I posted here because I have been a reader of The Performance Menu since your first issue. I have always respected this site and the information here. I was very interested in seeing what the community here would come up with. There is a lot to learn here as there is a lot to learn from many other sites and training protocols.

Gant Grimes
06-05-2009, 08:41 AM
That is the contest rule, not mine.

This isn't the only way we train. You can tell that by the rest of our videos.

But I do enjoy these 10 minute workouts. This contest has been fun and challenging.

Gant, I posted here because I have been a reader of The Performance Menu since your first issue. I have always respected this site and the information here. I was very interested in seeing what the community here would come up with. There is a lot to learn here as there is a lot to learn from many other sites and training protocols.

No problem. I just wasn't clear on the goal of the workout. Is it supposed to part of a larger training system? Is the training system just a series of difficult workouts? Is the contest just about posting a single workout in a vacuum that beats you up?

My submission: 10 minutes with Fedor.

Patrick Donnelly
06-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Is the contest just about posting a single workout in a vacuum that beats you up?

That's taking it a bit too literally, I think.

Peter Dell'Orto
06-05-2009, 10:15 AM

You'll have to find at least one person who can last 10 minutes with Fedor or your video will be too short. :)

Andrew Wilson
06-05-2009, 10:28 AM

http://www.m-1global.com/en/media#/video/341 wfs

Patrick Donnelly
06-05-2009, 10:28 AM
You'll have to find at least one person who can last 10 minutes with Fedor or your video will be too short. :)

Like this guy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenenisa_Bekele

Andrew Wilson
06-05-2009, 10:36 AM

Hahahahahahaha

Gant Grimes
06-05-2009, 11:14 AM

Nope. 10 minutes with Fedor, period. After he knocks you out, he continues to beat on you and use you for a grappling dummy.

Robert Callahan
06-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Nope. 10 minutes with Fedor, period. After he knocks you out, he continues to beat on you and use you for a grappling dummy.

So basically the workout is to get murdered and then mutilated for 10 min by Fedor?

I think that wins :)

Rafe Kelley
06-15-2009, 01:14 PM
So basically the workout is to get murdered and then mutilated for 10 min by Fedor?

I think that wins :)

Not to spoil the fun here but if Fedor or any pro fighter really beat on you for ten minutes post knockout that isn't a workout that is death especially under pride rules itwouldn't take to many soccer kicks post knockout to enduce complete brain death of course he could just choke your unconcious corpus into corpseness. At that point you know might as well compare it with going headfirst through a meat grinder, being a test subject for napalm, or running a suicide bombing mission. Maybe we have next years crossfit games line up :p

Peter Dell'Orto
06-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Not to spoil the fun here but if Fedor or any pro fighter really beat on you for ten minutes post knockout that isn't a workout that is death

While this is true, it reminds me of what rolling with my MMA instructor is like - minute after minute of hell, which only ends in a tap when he's finished seeing what you've got. I'm Fedor can manage that, you wouldn't have to get beat on post-knockout. He could just finish you off at 9:59 or so. :D

It's just recruiting him for your YouTube video entry that'll be hard. PRIDE paid him more than I can put together right now, I suspect. :(

Rafe Kelley
06-15-2009, 06:15 PM
While this is true, it reminds me of what rolling with my MMA instructor is like - minute after minute of hell, which only ends in a tap when he's finished seeing what you've got. I'm Fedor can manage that, you wouldn't have to get beat on post-knockout. He could just finish you off at 9:59 or so. :D

It's just recruiting him for your YouTube video entry that'll be hard. PRIDE paid him more than I can put together right now, I suspect. :(

Haha true nothing quite like the torture a good jujitsu instructor can achieve by refusing to submit. You can't breathe your contorted out of position your completed gassed and you thinking ok just take my arm so this can be over while their freaking sweat drips in your eyes. Not quantifable as intensity according to crossfit haha.

Gant Grimes
06-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Not to spoil the fun here but if Fedor or any pro fighter really beat on you for ten minutes post knockout that isn't a workout that is death especially under pride rules itwouldn't take to many soccer kicks post knockout to enduce complete brain death of course he could just choke your unconcious corpus into corpseness. At that point you know might as well compare it with going headfirst through a meat grinder, being a test subject for napalm, or running a suicide bombing mission. Maybe we have next years crossfit games line up :p

How bout 10 minutes of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Mva-3n7TY

Steven Low
06-22-2009, 04:54 PM
How bout 10 minutes of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Mva-3n7TY
Ouch....

Ben Smith
06-22-2009, 08:15 PM

Dang! That dude is RIPPED!