PDA

View Full Version : Hungrier with weight lifting

Michael Houghton
06-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone knows why, it could be all in my head, but I feel WAY hungrier all the time since I've cut back on the Crossfit and increased my Olympic lifting. I used to be able to go from my breakfast to a small snack to lunch with relatively no problems, and now I'm starving at lunch. Same thing before bed. Last night I had 2 pork chops, a crap load of veggies, and fruit. I was starving by 8:00. Is this a result of lifting, or am I just being mental?

Dave Van Skike
06-05-2009, 11:32 AM
nope, it's not all in your head.

Mike ODonnell
06-05-2009, 01:18 PM
listen to your body and eat up.....whole foods of course. You may have some recovery to catch up on.

Michael Houghton
06-05-2009, 01:52 PM
The eating more sounds good. I'm just a bit worried because I lost so much before, I don't want to gain it all back. I guess I'll just eat good foods and not worry about it. Not that Imind having to eat more, of course. I'm big already, so I'm good at eating.

Mike ODonnell
06-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Eat more real foods...not breads, cereals, grains or other processed foods. Keep insulin in check....not spike it (fat storing).

Michael Houghton
06-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Oh, I've cut the grains and pastas out a long time ago. I will have them occasionally, but more like 1 meal per week. It's just nice to be able to eat a bit more of anything. I will definitely make it whole clean food.