PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on Tommy Kono Bands

Nicholas Roberts
06-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Hello everyone, new on the forum and had a quick question.

I bought a pair of TK knee sleeves, like them alot, just one problem. There is a small slip of fabric inside that is stitched at both ends but only glued over the stitching for the sleeve. This has been peeling off the stitching since I got them and is already pretty bad after only a week.

Is this mostly cosmetic and comfort related or will it cause long term problems. I am guessing the former but wanted to check. Couldn't find a direct contact on the TK sight and the folks I ordered from just emailed me their return policy when I asked.

I'm planning on going to a dive shop and trying to borrow a little neoprene glue if its not a major flaw.

Thanks for the help.
Nicholas

Dave Van Skike
06-11-2009, 11:04 AM
i snipped it off.

Victor Cruzeiro
06-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Same thing happened to mine. My hot, sweaty knees caused those strips to start pealing pretty much after the first use. One is now completely loose and the other is partially so. I've been wondering whether I had gotten a bum pair but i guess it's innevitable.
I was also considering cutting them off.
On the bright side it hasn't caused any problems at all. Those sleeves are great and my knees havn't been irritated too much by squating since I've been using them.

Nicholas Roberts
06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm super happy with them and figured it was just an inevitable thing. Just wanted to make sure I didn't get a bum pair myself. If/when I make it to a dive shop to see if they have any recomendations I'll post them here just as an FYI.