PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift form?

george nesrallah
06-15-2009, 08:31 PM
I was looking through pics of exercises in 'Power To The People' on the internet and when watching form for the deadlift I noticed he doesn't seem to bend his knees, but rather does them 'stiff legged' (or so it seems; I haven't gotten the book yet so I'm not sure).

Just wondering if that is how he recommends deadlifts be done or does he recommend bent knee deadlifts?

Thanks

Júlíus G. Magnússon
06-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Pavel is not someone I would consider an authority on the deadlift so even if he does recommend stiff legged deadlifts, I would still do regular deadlifts.

Dave Van Skike
06-15-2009, 08:43 PM
I was looking through pics of exercises in 'Power To The People' on the internet and when watching form for the deadlift I noticed he doesn't seem to bend his knees, but rather does them 'stiff legged' (or so it seems; I haven't gotten the book yet so I'm not sure).

Just wondering if that is how he recommends deadlifts be done or does he recommend bent knee deadlifts?

Thanks

none of the above. he doesn't recommend any such thing. it's a trick of the eye. those of use with monkey arms tend to not bend our legs as much because we don't have to in order to reach the bar.

Harry Munro
06-16-2009, 10:56 AM
those of use with monkey arms tend to not bend our legs as much because we don't have to in order to reach the bar.
Yeah it's almost a reverse romanian deadlift for long armed ones.