PDA

View Full Version : Whey mixed in milk?

george nesrallah
06-20-2009, 02:25 PM
I read an article which stated that mixing your whey shake in milk is not a good idea as they both digest in different ways and by doing this whatever protein you may get will actually take much longer than necessary to be digested.

Is this true? A friend of mine ( a personal trainer) thinks this is ridiculous and states he would have to see proof of this (i.e. university studies, etc...). He kind of made me feel like an idiot when I asked him about this so if the article is right I would like to prove it to him.

Thanks

Blair Lowe
06-21-2009, 03:36 AM
I just heard something similar over on GymnasticBodies.com's forum.

Steven Low
06-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Seeing as how whey protein is DERIVED FROM MILK..... I don't see why adding more whey is going to prolong digestion.

99.99% sure this is another stupid fitness myth.

Casein protein is the other one that is in milk... and it takes longer to digest anyway.

Gant Grimes
06-23-2009, 12:48 PM
A friend of mine ( a personal trainer) thinks this is ridiculous and states he would have to see proof of this (i.e. university studies, etc...). He kind of made me feel like an idiot when I asked him about this so if the article is right I would like to prove it to him.

I'm with your friend. A lot of people write a lot of crap just to fill space. Unless you're trying to fine tune your way into the final posedown at the Olympia, you needn't be concerned with protein digestion rates, nitrogen balance, ph balance, and all the stupid crap people worry about.

Whey + milk = lots of protein. Don't mess it up.

Grissim Connery
06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Unless you're trying to fine tune your way into the final posedown at the Olympia, you needn't be concerned with protein digestion rates, nitrogen balance, ph balance, and all the stupid crap people worry about.

exactly

Mike ODonnell
06-26-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm with your friend. A lot of people write a lot of crap just to fill space. Unless you're trying to fine tune your way into the final posedown at the Olympia, you needn't be concerned with protein digestion rates, nitrogen balance, ph balance, and all the stupid crap people worry about.

But it sure as hell helps to sell alot of supplements.....