PDA

View Full Version : Recovery from heavy antibiotics cycle

joe waguespack
06-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey guys haven't posted in a while due to an extremely hectic work schedule and no time for the internet, but I do need some help here and I figured this would be a good place to find it. I'm not sure if this is posted in the right section or not but I recently was bitten by some type of demon spider at work and ended up in the emergency room on four different occasions getting pumped full of antibiotics, plus ten days of oral antibiotics. I never take antibiotics and usually try to avoid them like the plague, but this was not a situation to play with. This was two weeks ago and I have felt like crap ever since, my stomach has been torn up and I have ben exhausted and my training has severely suffered. I know antibiotics wreak havoc on the body, I have started drinking kefir to try and replenish all my good bacteria but are there any other things I could be doing to bounce back faster? THanks for any help or advice.

Steven Low
06-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Lots of sleep, good food

Maybe some light activity to get the blood flowing

Pretty much the general perscription from recovering from any type of illness unless something is contraindicated by your doc?

Garrett Smith
06-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Probiotics plus supplement(s) to support your liver.

Derek Simonds
06-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Joe call Garrett at his office and order 2 rounds of the probiotics he sells. After I had Staph last year and got through about 4 weeks of antibiotics he hooked me up. They work for sure.

Mike ODonnell
06-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Damn.....sleep and doing 50% workouts may help too. Get better and stay away from those spiders...unless they are radioactive and give you superpowers of course.

Craig Brown
06-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Probiotics help a ton. Garretts kick ass- I used them after my infection from hell (the lose 15# in two weeks kind- my future e-book) and they hooked me up good.

Craig

ps- feel better!

Garrett Smith
06-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Glad to hear about the probiotics...sometimes people look at me funny when I tell them I practically built my practice on their back, but it is true!

joe waguespack
06-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys.