PDA

View Full Version : deadlift highpull

clinton bohaty
07-31-2009, 06:08 AM
Watched the video and she was doing dumbbell deadlift highpulls.

I just started mass gain program from issue 17 and am wondering if

I should do dumbbell dead hp, sumo dead hp, or is there another variation with the bar.

thanks for any help that can be offered.

Garrett Smith
07-31-2009, 01:36 PM
You can do any or all of them.

John Kaupp
08-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Do deadlift high pulls(with a bar) with my rowers, regular not sumo since it is more sport specific that way. The way I like to do my hypertrophy stuff with them is to alternate two exercises, in this case squat press and deadlift highpulls. On the minute do 5 squat presses. The rest of the minute is rest. On the next minute to 5 dhp. The rest of the minute is rest. Alternate back and forth for 30 minutes, 15 sets a piece. Usually try and do it "russian bear" style, get as heavy as you can in the first 3-5 sets and stay as heavy as you can for as long as you. Your heavy should only be good enough for one set before dropping back down. As you get going through it, the total time to do the set should decrease as you are creating better movement patterns through the practice of each exercise and staying a little fresher from alternating between the two.
Decent way to get some hypertrophy, heavier metcon while be able to practice good form by keeping the reps per set lower. Usually do 5 reps for 2-3 weeks then drop to 3 reps for 2-3 more.

Greg Everett
08-07-2009, 09:24 AM
That's intended to be a barbell DLHP - not sumo. Same as a clean high pull