PDA

View Full Version : planche progression

noxide sys
08-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Hey
I would like to consult my planche training. I train system like one day workout, second rest, third workout and so on. After warm-up I do tuck planche 6 x 10 sec; after each series I rest about 3-4 minutes - is it correct part of time to rest? I would add front lever progression, so when I can do lever progression? In the same day as planche or after planche training. Maybe one day planche, next day front lever and on the third day rest? I'm a beginner and I have worked on planche progressions for 2 months. I have reach tuck planche level. I will be glad to receive any advice.

Garrett Smith
08-04-2009, 06:37 AM
What other training are you doing other than possibly plance and lever progressions?

Gavin Harrison
08-04-2009, 10:23 AM
I'd purchase Gymnastic Bodies, if you want to train this stuff. Also, I'd start with back and front lever progressions, and add planche training once you've got a pretty solid back lever.

noxide sys
08-05-2009, 02:12 AM
I train planche progression only; when I have possibility to install a bar I would also do front lever progression

Garrett Smith
08-05-2009, 05:06 PM
No, your whole week's program of workouts...not just what you're doing gymnastic-wise.

Chris Salvato
08-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Yeah, we need to know more about your WHOLE program.

No matter your program, if all you are doing are planche holds then you will stall out pretty quickly. I would definitely work pseudo-planche pushups and their variations as well as tuck-planche pushups as soon as you are able. These will be a great supplement to your planche hold training.