PDA

View Full Version : Hip Pain

Michael Lynn
08-05-2009, 09:13 AM
For about 1.5 weeks, I've had a consistent pain in the lower part of my left hip bone. Feels like I bumped it, but it hasn't gone away. It seems to be centralized in the bone, though it acts up when I squat or walk.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it greatly.

-Mike

Steven Low
08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
How'd you injure it?

What movements hurt?

Michael Lynn
08-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Steven,

Honestly, I have no idea how I injured it. I went to squat heavy last week, and it felt like I had banged it on a desk before I even started. I still squatted though.

Any real movement of the thigh and I can feel discomfort, but the only time I feel true acute pain is if I push against the bone directly. Again, like I accidentally hit a desk or a tabletop with my hip.

Steven Low
08-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Hmm, if it seems centralized in the hip joint (well, you said bone), I'd get it checked out by an ortho.

It's possible you tore your labrum or something along those lines especially if it hurts to move in any direction

Jay Cohen
08-06-2009, 05:04 AM
Michael;

Google: Bursitis information, causes, diagnosis, symptoms, and treatment. Bursitis is inflammation of the bursa sacs. Bursa are fluid-filled sacs located in the

I inflamed my hip area doing an uneven pull on the Deadlift. Not saying that's what you've got, but check it out.

Jay

Michael Lynn
09-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Thank you for your help guys. I'm Active Duty miltary, and get my medical care on base, so it's easier if I can heal this on my own.

I'm thinking it may be the connection of the sartorius muscle to the hip bone.

It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still bugging me. If it is the tendon, what can I do help it recover?

I've been trying to stay off it recently, but would foam rolling, stretching, or medication help?

Thanks,
-Mike

Steven Low
09-10-2009, 08:46 PM
If you've been resting (which you should've been) and it hasn't improved you should get it checked.

If you weren't resting well... you're being dumb. No other way to put it. If you have to get off PT b/c of an injury situation then so be it.

Michael Lynn
09-11-2009, 04:09 AM
True, very true. I'll give it a full week of rest, and if I don't see any improvement, I'll head to medical.