PDA

View Full Version : 4 days of fanny Kicking at SBG!

Robb Wolf
01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm off to Portland, along with Greg Everett to get my fanny kicked by Matt Thornton and crew at Straight Blast Gym in Portland, OR. Please remember my smiles, my humor...and my terrible punctuation.
Peace Out!

Greg Everett
01-31-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm supposed to go to Portland this weekend?

Yael Grauer
01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
OMG, Robb and Greg are gone!! Someone turn on ALL the lights and bring out all the donuts!!

Cassidy Drake
01-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Are you guys going to the camp in Berkely? I am going. Tell Matt I said hello.

Ron Nelson
01-31-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm off to Portland, along with Greg Everett to get my fanny kicked by Matt Thornton and crew at Straight Blast Gym in Portland, OR. Please remember my smiles, my humor...and my terrible punctuation.
Peace Out!

See, see, Robb is behind some sort of conspiracy.

Pass the donuts and milk.

Allison Barns
01-31-2007, 10:41 PM
It's only a wee bit further to come see us in Seattle... come on up ... you know you miss the rain!

Allen Yeh
02-01-2007, 03:35 AM
I'm supposed to go to Portland this weekend?

The thought of Robb getting there and wondering where Greg is, meanwhile Greg is at the gym cracked me up a little.

Robert Allison
02-01-2007, 05:11 AM
I had the opportunity to take part in a seminar Matt Thornton put on at the Hardcore Gym a couple of years back--it was one of the best I've ever been to. Matt has a wealth of knowledge, and is a great communicator.

Have a great weekend!

Mike ODonnell
02-01-2007, 05:27 AM
Parents are away..........partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yael Grauer
02-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Parents are away..........partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm inviting all the vegan kids over and putting on some emo music!! Then we can have a bonfire and burn copies of Lights Out!

Robb Wolf
02-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Cassidy-
I wish I could make that event in Berkley. We had scheduled for Matt to come to Chico in August...but Greg, John "the blender" vernon and a few other folks who were "supposed" to help start a core group fled Chico. So now its off to Portland!

Allison-
I try to avoid Seattle until after July 4th...when the sun finally comes out! I may be back up there giving a seminar on the Eastside in May or June. I'll let folks know ahead of time and we can all gt together.

Mike, Ron...you guys are in charge. The Kegerator is charged with CO2 and the Nitrous tanks just arrived. Please check Id's.

Allen- I would not be surprised if Greg bails and lets me go to my doom.

Mike ODonnell
02-01-2007, 10:52 AM
18 to party in Chico?

Cassidy Drake
02-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Hmmmmmm maybe I need to open a MMA gym in chico:D :eek:

Ron Nelson
02-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Sweet mother of God! The keys to kingdom.

$5.00 cover, 18 and over.

See MOD at the door. Mention this thread and get all you can drink specials for just $10 more.

Billy_Brummel
02-01-2007, 08:02 PM
One question: Is Nitrous paleo?
Pass the balloon!!

Ron Nelson
02-02-2007, 06:54 PM
God, it's quiet around here. Where's the keg again?

Is there a radio?

Yael Grauer
02-02-2007, 11:15 PM
God, it's quiet around here. Where's the keg again?

Is there a radio?

I have a Boy Sets Fire CD!

GO EMO! ;)

Ron Nelson
02-03-2007, 04:04 PM
OK, where's my black eyeliner and "Fall Out Boy" T-shirt.

(stares at shoes)

Yael Grauer
02-03-2007, 04:24 PM
http://guidoandluigi.com/index.php?date=2006-04-19

Billy_Brummel
02-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Ron,

Don't forget the uber-tight jeans with no underwear.

Robb Wolf
02-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Ron,

Don't forget the uber-tight jeans with no underwear.

Dude! Ouch!

No, really OUCH! Great weekend...I feel like I was mauled by a bear but it was awesome. Got to hang with Scotty Hagnas over some Indian food. Greg and I were great conversationalists as we went face down in the curry!

I can not recommend the Straight Blast Gym curriculum enough. If you get a chance to train with Matt or any of the coaches in the SBGI family do it.

They have a members forum with extensive video archives detailing technique and training concepts. They have a small membership fee that is worth every penny:
http://www.straightblastgym.com/membership.htm

As to the questions: Yes, nitrous and balloons are paleo...at least when in Chico.

Scotty Hagnas
02-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Glad to see that you survived. Spackle on some makeup, and you'll look good as new!

I was sure to sleep a couple of extra hours for you guys....

Scotty Hagnas
CrossFit Portland

Ron Nelson
02-05-2007, 10:48 AM
About that goat in the closet. . .
I can totally explain.

It was MOD.

Mike ODonnell
02-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Whooaaaaaaaa...Ummmmm....Yeah that was for the cookout........at least I didn't put a dress on the Duck.......and was the lipstick really necessary Ron?

Ron Nelson
02-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Lipstick on a duck does not make it any less "paleo." Yes, the duck was delicious.

The lipstick was for "presentation." It was Yael's idea.

Everyone goes under the bus.

Yael Grauer
02-05-2007, 04:17 PM
It was an emo duck!

Where did my CD go?!

Robb Wolf
02-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Wow...sorry I missed that cook-out.

One bright lining to the story of Robb getting the shite kicked out of him this weekend (as if that were not happy enough info) Greg and I will be in the SBG television commercial that will air during the IFL! While we were in there getting killed a camera crew wandered into the gym and started shooting video. One of the camera people said to Greg "hey, can you take this to a submission?" Greg responded something to the effect: Yea...give him like 5 seconds and I'll be tapping.

Scotty, set your DVR!

John Vernon
02-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Cassidy-
I wish I could make that event in Berkley. We had scheduled for Matt to come to Chico in August...but Greg, John "the blender" vernon and a few other folks who were "supposed" to help start a core group fled Chico. So now its off to Portland!

The key to my not-so-triumphant return comes to see you every tuesday and thursday morning, so lay it on thick brother. In the meantime me thinks I'll be paying through the nose for BJJ down here in Sacramento.

Robb Wolf
02-06-2007, 05:22 PM
The key to my not-so-triumphant return comes to see you every tuesday and thursday morning, so lay it on thick brother. In the meantime me thinks I'll be paying through the nose for BJJ down here in Sacramento.

The Beckster is kicking ass! She is going to be an animal in no time. I hear Sacto is pricey for Jits...tough stuff!

Allison Barns
02-06-2007, 09:49 PM
For the uneducated among us (OK, me) what is IFL?

And what does it mean that Greg took something to a submission? I have an image of this guy rolling another guy on his back and tweaking (or biting) his ear as some suggest for dog training but that's a little disturbing ...

Greg Everett
02-07-2007, 10:20 AM
For the uneducated among us (OK, me) what is IFL?

International Fight League (http://www.ifl.tv/)

And what does it mean that Greg took something to a submission? I have an image of this guy rolling another guy on his back and tweaking (or biting) his ear as some suggest for dog training but that's a little disturbing ...

http://www.idi.ntnu.no/%7Ejakobsve/tbjja/armbar.jpg

Submission = placing someone in a position in which they're compelled to submit or have a given joint/limb broken and/or severely damaged and/or be choked unconscious. And it was I in this case who was being submitted by a large golden gloves champ in the process of working out his 'aggression issues'.

But then I snuck out and beat up his little sister.

Allison Barns
02-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Greg,
Thanks for the reply. I see I was not that far off on the submission thing :D
That looks - uh- painful.

Mike ODonnell
02-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh.....IFL.....I thought you guys were trying out for the PFL....my bad.....you might of faired well there....

http://www.gopfl.com/

Yael Grauer
02-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Are you guys going to the camp in Berkely? I am going. Tell Matt I said hello.

hey Cassidy, are you by any chance going to the seminar in Reno on July 14th and 15th?

Robb Wolf
02-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey Everybody!
Nicki and I are off to Portland for Scotty's wedding. If i don't respond to email, I'm getting hammered with Scotty and crew! I think Greg is at the Ahhhnuuulds so I'm not sure how much he will be around. Any ordering or back issue...well, issues may take a few days.

MOD, Ron-
You guys are in charge.

Scott K., Shaf-
You guys write on MOD and Rons faces after they pass out. Then you are in charge. Lord of The Flies style.

Greg Everett
02-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Then you are in charge. Lord of The Flies style.

please take it easy on the whole dropping rocks on the fat kids and other such shenanigans. my P.O. has no sense of humor.

Mike ODonnell
02-28-2007, 05:59 PM
MOD, Ron-
You guys are in charge.

Scott K., Shaf-
You guys write on MOD and Rons faces after they pass out. Then you are in charge. Lord of The Flies style.

Holy ****....this place should be shut down by Sunday.....can you break a forum???

Greg Everett
02-28-2007, 06:02 PM
MOD, if you break my forum, I will break all your beer glasses.

Mike ODonnell
02-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Little does he know...I drink from the tap...

Chris Forbis
02-28-2007, 06:47 PM
please take it easy on the whole dropping rocks on the fat kids and other such shenanigans. my P.O. has no sense of humor.

For some reason I thought it was funny when Piggy got smashed. I'm a bastard.

Robb Wolf
02-28-2007, 09:19 PM
For some reason I thought it was funny when Piggy got smashed. I'm a bastard.

I think Heather had a term when she worked at Pro Sports Club "Who is piggy this week..." gotta love being the lightening rod for bad feelings.

Allison Barns
02-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Congratulations Scotty!

(Dudes!!- Scotty is getting married!! Aren't congratulations, condolences, advice from you old married folk in order here??? Manners, please! :D )

Ron Nelson
02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Little does he know...I drink from the tap...

That's why I brought my own bottles. Where's that duck with the lipstick?

Allen Yeh
03-01-2007, 03:50 AM
Congratulations Scotty!

(Dudes!!- Scotty is getting married!! Aren't congratulations, condolences, advice from you old married folk in order here??? Manners, please! :D )

Congrats Scotty!

I have no idea but this song was ringing in my head:
Scotty Doesn't Know - From the film Euro Trip (If you haven't seen this movie, stop what your doing and go rent it!)_
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vyj1C8ogtE (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5312211256805114743)

I also find it pretty funny that the lead singer of the band in the movie is Matt Damon made up to look all hardcore.

Oh and for those that watch that clip, your welcome for getting that song stuck in your head for the next week.

Allen Yeh
03-01-2007, 03:53 AM
Hey Everybody!
Nicki and I are off to Portland for Scotty's wedding. If i don't respond to email, I'm getting hammered with Scotty and crew! I think Greg is at the Ahhhnuuulds so I'm not sure how much he will be around. Any ordering or back issue...well, issues may take a few days.

MOD, Ron-
You guys are in charge.

Scott K., Shaf-

So is the official "Robb and Greg leaving the board for a few days" thread?

I thought they ate the losers in Lord of the Flies?

Mike ODonnell
03-01-2007, 05:48 AM
That's why I brought my own bottles. Where's that duck with the lipstick?

I think Robb came home, saw it, cooked it and ate it.

Ron Nelson
03-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Being the "fat kid" in school, I always hated that book. Also, I never pass out when I drink. At least not in a completely incoherent type of way.

Next, same rules as last time. $10 per cup; no sharing; two kegs, no light beer (don't ask); costume contest at 10:00 (dressing up like "Naked" Robb Wolf is strongly discouraged); if you pass out, make sure Shaf doesn't find you.

MOD is minister of security and disco music.

Allison Barns
03-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Being the "fat kid" in school, I always hated that book. Also, I never pass out when I drink. At least not in a completely incoherent type of way.

Next, same rules as last time. $10 per cup; no sharing; two kegs, no light beer (don't ask); costume contest at 10:00 (dressing up like "Naked" Robb Wolf is strongly discouraged); if you pass out, make sure Shaf doesn't find you.

MOD is minister of security and disco music.

I'm with you Ron - I hated that book too. Guess it made me a little too nervous .....