PDA

View Full Version : bench

Alex Nowasell
09-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm about to start the mass gaining program that greg everett has in his book and i was wondering wat the best grip to use on the bench press would be?

Steven Low
09-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Regular..

Derek Simonds
09-04-2009, 10:42 AM
If you are going to bench with the mass gain program I highly recommend that you watch this multiple times if you haven't seen it already. Dave Tate is dead on, entertaining and not politically correct so be aware there is significant cussing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh3t6T-nqP0

I have been watching and reading his stuff for a while along with the Diesel Crew stuff on benching and it has made a huge difference for me.

I would go with a more narrow grip than traditional for longevity of the shoulders if that is what you are asking.

Gavin Harrison
09-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I use a "thumbs from inside smooth" grip.

Eric Egan
09-04-2009, 02:51 PM
I use a "thumbs from inside smooth" grip.same here,it makes it a lot easier to use your lats and triceps off the bottom for me.

also that was an awesome video Derek , thanks for posting it

Garrett Smith
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
That video is awesome.

Alex Nowasell
09-04-2009, 06:04 PM
thanks....i'm already familiar with PL bench, i was just wondering if there was a different way that we want to bench that more translates to O-lifting.

Garrett Smith
09-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah, the way Dave Tate shows it, since that way is the easiest on the shoulders and thus least likely to screw up your OL with wonky shoulders.

Matt Foreman had me push-pressing one day a week on an OL program, that might be good for both your bulking and your OL...?

Alex Nowasell
09-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks i will do that......i'm actually benching twice according to the program and added a second push pressing day after each bench workout just because my pressing needs so much work.