PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Oly totals - what's achievable?

Martin Bonn
09-13-2009, 03:23 AM
So i was trying to figure this out the other day, unfortunately google wasn t very helpful:

I was just wondering what kind of numbers are achievable for an amateur lifter (like me) in their mid-twenties in the oly lifts?

does anybody know what a realistic target would look like? I m thinking something like a 120kg snatch and a 150kg CJ for someone in the 94kg category. is that too much, too litttle, about right?

i think the world record is:
Snatch 187.5 kg
Clean and Jerk 227.5 kg
Total 415.0 kg

Ben Moskowitz
09-13-2009, 07:14 PM
So i was trying to figure this out the other day, unfortunately google wasn t very helpful:

I was just wondering what kind of numbers are achievable for an amateur lifter (like me) in their mid-twenties in the oly lifts?

does anybody know what a realistic target would look like? I m thinking something like a 120kg snatch and a 150kg CJ for someone in the 94kg category. is that too much, too litttle, about right?

i think the world record is:
Snatch 187.5 kg
Clean and Jerk 227.5 kg
Total 415.0 kg

Check out the 2009 qualifying totals here:
http://weightlifting.teamusa.org/content/index/3579

The lowest total on there for a 94 kg lifter (besides school age) is 215 for collegiate. That seems like a good goal to start with. It goes up to 373.18 for world championships.