PDA

View Full Version : Handicap Format (Oliftng)

Mike Haytack
10-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey folks, this is my first post so let me say hello! I've lurked for sometime now. I'm a CFer/Olifter/GPPer. Much appreciating for CA/PM and those who contribute to the forums and community.

My buddy and I want to have a friendly competition 1 day a week, similar to the Sat. Olifting meets. Our MEs our substantially different, his current CnJ is 230#, mine 180#, his current SN 185#, mine 155#. We train together often so we know neither of us is sandbagging.

Does anybody have any suggestions to a format/formula that would allow us to still go after our separate MEs and compete against each other?

Thanks for any and all replies.

Mike

Gavin Harrison
10-05-2009, 07:45 PM
There are various formulas for comparing results of different weight classes, but that's all I've ever heard of. You should competing with yourself to improve until you're in a competition ;)

Mike Haytack
10-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks Gavin. Both of us would be in the 94K div. I guess you could classify us both as generalist, we're just looking for a different way to challenge ourselves.

glennpendlay
10-05-2009, 08:59 PM
compete either for who gets the highest percentage of their respected PR lifts, or who comes within the least kilos or pounds of their respective PR lifts. I favor the later, because it doesnt require a calculator.

Mike Haytack
10-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Hells Yes, Glenn Pendlay!!! appreciate the words, we'll give it shot!