PDA

View Full Version : Bicep pain...

Tony Ferous
10-30-2009, 07:16 AM
i have left bicep pain(near the insertion/elbow), its hurts during standing db curls for example, but the pain fades some after the first set(i know i prob shouldnt do it if it hurts), but overhand pullups are the worse, i guess due to the greater exertion.

Any tips on recovery?? Rest? Glucosamine+chondroitin? Im sure this is a common issue.

Allen Yeh
10-30-2009, 07:19 AM
How did it happen? How long has it been a problem? Anything trigger the pain all or did you just notice it one day and it hasn't gone away since? Does all supinated movement hurt your bicep i.e. supinated barbel row? What about a neutral grip, does the pain still exist or is it gone by rotating the way your palm faces?

Steven Low
10-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Rest, ice and massage until the pain goes away for 2 weeks. Then work slowly back into it.

If you keep aggravating it, you may tear it. Then you'll have to go through about a 9-12 month rehab process just to MAYBE get back to pullups. Not even guaranteed you'll be able to do pullups again even in that time frame.

Tony Ferous
10-31-2009, 07:29 AM
No particular incident, it just crept up, though ive had it for over 4 weeks.
Neutral grip chins are better, but i still feel it.

Steven's scared me enough now though, so ill lay off any movement that makes it hurt now though!

Thanks guys.

Steven Low
10-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Honestly though.. any tendonitis injury has the potential to do that. So.. that's why letting your injuries heal is a good idea...

Tony Ferous
11-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Yeah!
I rested the bicep some more and took Glucosamine/Chondroitin/msm combo(~1g,~1g,300mg) for 2-3 weeks, in addition to my usual supps (fish oil etc) hey presto 7 pullups with 20lbs today, no pain at all!!

Will finish the bottle for sure. I wont mention the brand. Sounds a bit like cow though. ;-)

Steven Low
11-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Sounds good that you're better.

Yeah, if you need other advice regarding tendonitis just read the tendonitis thread on my site.

That should cover most of it.

Tony Ferous
11-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Good article Steven, site bookmarked, thanks!