PDA

View Full Version : Robb Wolf WILL NOT be at any more nutrition gigs

Aimee Anaya Everett
11-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Read all here (www.robbwolf.com)

Xuan Mai Ho
11-24-2009, 08:29 AM
That's a shame because he is such an incredible resource to have in the community.

I've read most of his articles in the PM, his forum posts, blog posts and I've attended his nutrition seminar. He's probably forgotten more about nutrition than I'll ever know.

Looking forward to his book.....

Steven Low
11-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah, that sucks...

Garrett Smith
11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Now comes the time for Robb to start making what he's worth, which I'm positive is a damn sight more than he was making doing those certs.

http://rickross.com/faq.html#Destructive%20Cult%20Control
How can cults control information?

Information is controlled in many cults by creating strict rules and/or guidelines regarding such things as books and outside reading, television, movies, radio, music and often even restricting associations with anyone who might express independent ideas, doubts or negative feelings about the group. The group and its leader(s) thus may become much like a filter, supposedly needed to help eliminate the "pollution", "poisons" and negativity of the outside world.
Draw your own conclusions.

Craig Brown
11-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Now comes the time for Robb to start making what he's worth, which I'm positive is a damn sight more than he was making doing those certs.

Word. This will prove to be a huge loss for CF, not Robb.

Craig

Mike ODonnell
11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Nothing new from what I have seen over the years from CF HQ....but I think it will be the defining moment that sent Robb in the direction he really "needs" to go right now. Life is too short to be caught up in too much negativity. A blessing in disguise if you ask me.

PS. Zone sucks. :)

Derek Simonds
11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Unreal!

Brian Stone
11-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Fortunately for the general public, Robb has established enough of an independent presence over the years that he should be able to continue to remain successful and maintain a voice in the general fitness community.

Gant Grimes
11-24-2009, 11:02 AM
The behavior of Couch and his cronies speaks for itself. Robb is a solid guy who will do better things now.

I'll be handling the nutrition certs from here on out. It's all about brisket and Chipotle.

Scott Dyck
11-24-2009, 11:08 AM
They locked your CF thread after one post, Gant. :D

I agree with you, as I'm sure many others do, that this should not REALLY come as a surprise to anyone. It's surprising that the douchebags from HQ, grown-ass men, would actually behave themselves that way in public, but overall it fits.

Andy Robinson
11-24-2009, 11:42 AM
I imagine the Couch thread will jump to 1000 pages in no time...

Craig Brown
11-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Gant:

"The only thing left is to wait for the space ship."

Genius!

Craig

Mike ODonnell
11-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Gant:

"The only thing left is to wait for the space ship."

Genius!

Craig

Ahhh....I do miss the spaceship days....as in the Moynihan Institute ones....those were entertaining....

Allen Yeh
11-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Wow.

So if that happened to Robb what happened to Greg? This is ridiculous.

Allen Yeh
11-24-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm surprised this thread even exists:

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=53258

Jay Cohen
11-24-2009, 01:58 PM
The behavior of Couch and his cronies speaks for itself. Robb is a solid guy who will do better things now.

I'll be handling the nutrition certs from here on out. It's all about brisket and Chipotle.

Ah, let's not be hasty and forget Pork, the other White meat. Agree about Chipotle, have two lbs arriving from the South any day. Sorry for the hijack.

Renee Lee
11-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Ah, let's not be hasty and forget Pork, the other White meat. Agree about Chipotle, have two lbs arriving from the South any day. Sorry for the hijack.

Gant, seriously...how do you have bacon wrapped brisket without the PORK?!

(also, hi guys! I've finally come over to the dark side)

Joanna Sapir
11-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm surprised this thread even exists:

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=53258

Looks like it was "closed" right away. Last comment was 9:21 am.

travis earp
11-24-2009, 02:34 PM

Much love for Robb Wolf... But the Gant Grimes Brisket Certification would be super badass.

Devin Spurling
11-24-2009, 03:24 PM
One of the many from CF who have found their way here....
Needless to say that is situations like these really consider CF as a whole. I swear that when I first found CF, roughly 3 years ago, the idea was a style of training open to unorthodox and evolving methods. Why then, is there such hostility for anyone who does not agree completely with the way [I]they[I] are doing things. Didn't CF start because Coach wanted to change the way people train from the "traditional BB style"?:confused:

Just my .02.

Hopefully everything works out for everyone involved, as without CF, I never would have found PM, and both have provided me with an abundance of information and resources.

Kyle Marston
11-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Excommunication didn't seem to slow down Twight, John nor Rip, and given that Robb is the shizzle, CF is the clear loser in this exchange. The good news is that it will give Robb's replacement an excuse to write his 57th Zone book 'The Zone for CrossFit'.

I'm really curious to see what the rest of the Summit affiliates do as a result of this (either by their own decision or by the decision of CFHQ).

Patrick Donnelly
11-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Ahhh....I do miss the spaceship days....as in the Moynihan Institute ones....those were entertaining....
Don't despair, Mike! The Moynihan Institute is being reinstituted soon!

http://www.moynihaninstitute.com/
The Institute is in the process of reopening. Stayed tuned.

11/20/09

Steven Low
11-24-2009, 06:44 PM
I'd love to hear what Greg has to say about this.

Patrick Donnelly
11-24-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd love to hear what Greg has to say about this.

Which one - Glassman or Everett?

Personally, I'd only care to hear Glassman's side of the story.

Allen Yeh
11-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Which one - Glassman or Everett?

Personally, I'd only care to hear Glassman's side of the story.

I don't think I could listen to the obscenities and character assassination that would most undoubtedly follow such commentary.

Mike ODonnell
11-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Don't despair, Mike! The Moynihan Institute is being reinstituted soon!

Nah...he went all yoga zen and peaceful....which is probably good for his own happiness in life...but I always like seeing what spaceship I would end up on....

Paul Epstein
11-24-2009, 07:30 PM
big loss to crossfit

how much commercial interest do they actually have (or plan to have) in promoting zone so strongly?

how could anyone sanely deny that quantity control means nothing without quality control, and is much less important when quality control is kept tight?

Kevin Perry
11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who had a huge grin on my face when I read Robb's post on the whole fiasco, good for you Robb you are better without HQ anyways. I just find the entire Castro thing ridiculous. Hmm, he would make a good candidate for one of the many Czars out there... maybe the gestapo anti-open source Czar or something, throw Lynne there too. That may be being too nice though.

sarena kopciel
11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Robb knows his shit, this is so ridiculous but I agree...blessing in disguise!

Ben Wheeler
11-24-2009, 09:11 PM
This was posted to Robb's blog by "Britney Spears"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-BnqtIF7kY&feature=player_embedded

Robb seemed to enjoy it. And thanked Britney lol

Arien Malec
11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
The list of smart, creative, knowledgeable fitness people that have been excommunicated is a pretty impressive group of folks. Congratulations to Robb, Greg and Coach Rut!

Greg Everett
11-24-2009, 10:26 PM
i'm going to try to make this my one and only comment on the situation -

http://www.cathletics.com/wod/index.php?show=wod&dailyID=1016

Gant Grimes
11-25-2009, 07:21 AM
You have more class and restraint than I do. Like I said in my email, I'll be there next time you're in Texas in case things start to get a little Western.

Loni Venn
11-25-2009, 07:52 AM
I wonder when CFHQ will put out their side. The message boards at .com are locked down like san quentin. All my posts are deleted. Even completely reasonable, innocuous posts. I guess I was naive, my wife will attest to this, but I always believed Crossfit.com was all Greg Glassman says it is. "Open-source" "free market" yadda yadda yadda. I am really disheartened that this is rapidly proving to be a sham.

I am also bummed to see Russel get involved with this. I served in the military with him and always though of him as a very stand-up guy. I am not saying he isn't, but this whole situation reeks of bullshit.

Open discussion regarding anything in the crossfit community should be encouraged. Even the uncomfortable ones. After all, isn't that what this is all about? Getting comfortable with getting uncomfortable? How else are we supposed to improve?

Garrett Smith
11-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Getting comfortable with getting uncomfortable?
Some people are getting a crash course in this right now, that's for sure.

"Unknown and unknowable". Ha. Too bad so many skeletons are now showing up as "known and communicable".

Clay Jones
11-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Open discussion regarding anything in the crossfit community should be encouraged. Even the uncomfortable ones. After all, isn't that what this is all about? Getting comfortable with getting uncomfortable? How else are we supposed to improve?
Good point, Loni. I have to agree with you.

I PM'd Lynne and asked her to close my account, as I will not be posting on the CF message boards (or mainpage) any longer. Lots of reasons (some of which I may share later), but Robb's situation was the last straw. Ironically, one of my last posts was a defense of Greg Glassman and CF methods.

And not that I had been that prolific a poster, or much a part of CF (tho I did work out with KStarr for a while)--I'm just a guy who works out in his backyard and wants to get better. But my feeling had become that guys like me don't matter anymore; we are considered as nothing more than a potential income stream.

Arden Cogar Jr.
11-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Wow. I'm sitting here in disbelief. I've been an avid xfit supporter for years now. Still am to the principles and the community that aspires to the crazy fitness. I don't spend much time on the main board anymore. But this is insane. No good can come from such unprofessionalism and outright dictatorship. Good lord there's a lot better things to do with our time than piss and moan about things that don't matter.

I applaud Greg for remaining professional and dignified. Unbelievable restraint - signs of true diplomacy. Well done. Gant and I deal with Napoleans just about every day with the work that we do - so we understand what it's like to avoid physically harming someone when the need has surely arisen.

I am saddened by this whole nefarious affair. The attendance of two individuals at this Summit was intended to illicit some form of response. That speaks to unprofessionalism in my book. Bad move. Bad showing. Bad business practice. And it was followed up with an equally bad experience.

All the best,
Arden

Tom Rawls
11-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Narcissism almost always ends badly. There is little surprise in this melodrama caused by x-fit HQ behavior. If the rumors about Glassman's personal life are true, that would help explain x-fit's instability right now.

The only proper response is to sneak a look at IGX and then concentrate on lifting heavy stuff off the ground and putting it over your head.

Clay Jones
11-25-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm a crossfitter 100% but this is unreal. Not only that, but look how all the threads even remotely about this have been locked on the CF boards. Insane. I'm just....at a lost for words.It would appear that Pukie's Bucket is getting a real workout.

Steven Low
11-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Good point, Loni. I have to agree with you.

I PM'd Lynne and asked her to close my account, as I will not be posting on the CF message boards (or mainpage) any longer. Lots of reasons (some of which I may share later), but Robb's situation was the last straw. Ironically, one of my last posts was a defense of Greg Glassman and CF methods.

And not that I had been that prolific a poster, or much a part of CF (tho I did work out with KStarr for a while)--I'm just a guy who works out in his backyard and wants to get better. But my feeling had become that guys like me don't matter anymore; we are considered as nothing more than a potential income stream.
I'm considering it.

Garrett Smith
11-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Steven,
You and Gant may truly be some of the last of the "OG" message board guys to go.

Steven Low
11-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Steven,
You and Gant may truly be some of the last of the "OG" message board guys to go.
The fitnessspotlight guys -- Scott Kustes and Mike Odonnell -- still post too.

Don't really recall anyone else who was around pre '06 at least.. at least that was a 'big name'

Clay Jones
11-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm considering it.

If I recall correctly, you had a post on the CF board a while back the mentioned you were stepping away from the CF message boards for a while; having gotten caught up on my reading (of events) I think I can see why. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

For me terminating my account was the right thing to do; I have become increasingly discouraged by the facebook-style social posting (and avatars) that seem to be the norm on the CF board now. I stopped posting entirely on the mainpage because half the posts were "ooh, this is gonna hurt" or "yo dawg" this and that. I brought this point up in a somewhat nice way on a rest day and was a**reamed by a number of posters with comments like "if you don't like it don't read it." Oh well. Definitely not the CF I remember when I first started posting; mainpage commenters were truly helpful and polite back then. Now it's more of a test-fest, IMHO.

Personally, I think the old CF board (before the VBulletin makeover) was better.

Lincoln and a few other oldtimers still post there, but most the people I enjoyed reading back then are long gone. Nice to see that a few of them post here.

Joe Cavazos
11-25-2009, 09:03 PM
I think that, with all the disaffection for CrossFit flowing around right now, this would be a prime opportunity for someone to open their own competitor to CF. A GPP WOD and a forum. Doubly good since it would give the operator(s) a chance to fix what they see wrong with the main page's programming. I know other WODs exist out there (Coach Rut, etc.) but I don't think they've been marketed as a new-and-better-CrossFit as this would be. It goes without saying that a catchy brand name is essential.

There are a sizable number of people who I think would follow along via the WOD, the forum, or both. The big names (Rip, Robb, etc.) probably wouldn't associate themselves off the bat, but if the new movement attracted enough people and enough steam then I'm sure the they'd come around.

And then this new community would eventually blow up, a community would form in its place, and the circle of life would continue.

And for chrissakes can the affiliates be open gym? With one in Houston?

Kevin Perry
11-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Well despite all of this, I hope Rob continues with his Nutrition seminars being able to teach them the way he wants to and Greg teaching the lifts the way they should be without interference from CFHQ. CF just grew up too fast and can't really handle herself and needs some restructuring fast before they lose all credibility. It's a real shame.

Brandon Oto
11-26-2009, 02:47 AM
No need to reiterate all of the above, but I do want to hammer in a little emphasis on how impressive Greg's restraint was in the story described. I don't know him well and am pretty sure he doesn't like me all that much but if he'd knocked out six of Dave's teeth we'd be talking about a very different series of events now.

When did fitness become politics? I blame the internet.

Gavin Harrison
11-26-2009, 08:18 AM
When did fitness become politics? I blame the internet.

Well, there is a lot of CF bash going on around the world (see: tmuscle.com, etc), but CFHQ is apparently having a hard time distinguishing CF Bash with constructive prescription criticism. That and Castro seems to be more related to rabid dog, or brainwashed cultist than sensible person.

Dave Van Skike
11-26-2009, 08:59 AM
the wheels on the bus go round and round...except when they come off and the whole thing careens off a cliff.

Kevin Perry
11-26-2009, 10:03 AM
WE are talking about the short bus right Dave?

Dave Van Skike
11-26-2009, 10:57 AM
WE are talking about the short bus right Dave?

i can't answer that right now. i did a little "finisher" last night after my pulls and now someone has accused me of being a crossfitter. i feel so so dirty.

Andrew Wilson
11-26-2009, 11:31 AM
I think that, with all the disaffection for CrossFit flowing around right now, this would be a prime opportunity for someone to open their own competitor to CF. A GPP WOD and a forum. Doubly good since it would give the operator(s) a chance to fix what they see wrong with the main page's programming. I know other WODs exist out there (Coach Rut, etc.) but I don't think they've been marketed as a new-and-better-CrossFit as this would be. It goes without saying that a catchy brand name is essential.

There are a sizable number of people who I think would follow along via the WOD, the forum, or both. The big names (Rip, Robb, etc.) probably wouldn't associate themselves off the bat, but if the new movement attracted enough people and enough steam then I'm sure the they'd come around.

And then this new community would eventually blow up, a community would form in its place, and the circle of life would continue.

It'd have to be called ParallelFit instead of CrossFit

Scott Kustes
11-26-2009, 04:51 PM
The fitnessspotlight guys -- Scott Kustes and Mike Odonnell -- still post too.

Don't really recall anyone else who was around pre '06 at least.. at least that was a 'big name'
Yeah, we're all a dying breed. I only visit the Nutrition forum, no others.

Mike ODonnell
11-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah, we're all a dying breed. I only visit the Nutrition forum, no others.

Same here.

James Evans
11-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Now that they have dispensed with Robb's remarkable talents I wonder if CF HQ have considered a Talking Shit over teh Internetz cert as an alternative revenue stream.

I think we could all come up with an appropriate curriculum.

And anything inappropriate will be deleted.

Mike ODonnell
11-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Me and Scott are starting a beer/whiskey drinking cert and games in 2010.....everyone is invited.

Garrett Smith
11-27-2009, 10:00 AM
MOD, you need tequila in there for the Paleo folks...

Garrett Smith
11-27-2009, 10:05 AM

And for chrissakes can the affiliates be open gym? With one in Houston?

Joe, GPP WODs are played out. As is evidenced by mainpage and hundreds of affiliates and all the PainStorms, nearly anyone can throw together random exercises...it just depends on how long they want the workout to last.

Everyone who actually pays attention has found that strength creates most of the GPP adaptation (see MEBB, CFSB, CA WOD, etc. etc.), all that is needed after that to shine up the performance is some GPP-specific adaptation time & work.

The future is in mixing the different strength adaptations properly. I'm working on it.

Scott Kustes
11-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Tentative Day One schedule for the Fitness Spotlight Drinking Games:

Saturday (3 events, 4 hour rest between)
8am, 3 rounds:
1 shot rot-gut tequila (i.e., Jose Cuervo or perhaps Montezuma)
Chug an American piss-water lager (i.e., Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc)

12pm, Beer Pong Tournament:
Double elimination, winning team advances, losing team takes 1 Jack Daniels shot per cup remaining for winning team

4pm, Beer Mile
4 rounds:
Chug a beer
Run 400m
(One penalty lap for vomiting, maximum one penalty lap regardless of time's meeting Pukie)

Anyone left alive Sunday morning advances to compete in other contests.

Mike ODonnell
11-27-2009, 10:39 AM

I'm thinking about:

- Big Wheel challenge course (including avoiding DUI cops on Green Machines)
- The Keg-Mile carry/run (the more you drink from it, the lighter it gets)
- Disco Stu's dance-off challenge

Adolfo Riveron
11-27-2009, 01:09 PM

8am, 3 rounds:

Double elimination, winning team advances, losing team takes 1 Jack Daniels shot per cup remaining for winning team

4pm, Beer Mile
4 rounds:
Chug a beer
Run 400m
(One penalty lap for vomiting, maximum one penalty lap regardless of time's meeting Pukie)

left out flip cup and quarters/nickels...guess those can be sundays events. Beer mile sound BRUTAL. Finish with a Das Boot as the final event?

Mike ODonnell
11-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Finish with a Das Boot as the final event?

The beer mile might have to be a team event.

Das Boot is the tie-breaker of course....although in the spirit of things around here might have to be named Das Five Fingers.

Dave Van Skike
11-27-2009, 05:21 PM
here's the exact workoout that got me accussed of being a crossfitter. i profer it for the good of the order.

work up to 500 DL, 1 set of 3 every 5 min for 20 min.

DL 405x12 (max reps in 30 seconds)
650 tire flip for 20.
lay on floor
run to store (1 city block.)

ingest:

3 sierra nevadas
1 diazapam, 1 vicodin, 1 makers mark neat.

scale accordingly if you weight less than 210, chalk only.

Garrett Smith
11-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Jeebus, Dave. Scary strong work, and I know you are too modest about that.

Clay Jones
11-28-2009, 08:00 AM
MOD, you need tequila in there for the Paleo folks...I think any cert you come up with has to include bacon as well.

George Mounce
11-28-2009, 08:19 AM
While the posts have gone really tangent...I'd like to bring it back, as most of you know even I don't post much outside of my log now. I wouldn't want all the CF people having a reason to find me here.

Robb is awesome and knows his stuff. It was like the video of his talking about fueling an athlete at the games. People trying to create Zone meals. WTF? :confused: I was amazed someone mentioned me on his blog during his initial post about the MEBB meeting.

His information is always at the ready for me, as I'm an IF/Paleo person myself.

Greg E is outstanding as both a coach and a person. I found his reply to be not only classy, but insightful. He is one of the big reasons why I'm on this forum.

Rock on Greg.

Dave Van Skike
11-28-2009, 08:14 PM
george, your point is well taken...but at the end of the day, i'd say(not entirely tongue in cheek) that it's more constructive to come up with hypothetical drinking contests than grieve over the past. as far as the current dust up, truly, Greg deserves credit for not folding this diehard sychophant up like an 8th grade lovenote.

the CF self destrcution has been notable, predictable and relentless. those of us who were doing semi-retarded couplets and lifting for time before the juggernaut will continue to do so after. at some point, one has to stop staring at the car wreck and let traffic move along.

Kevin Perry
11-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Did the CF boards turn on the moderator approval for posts or is it only for those who seem to be members of Catalyst Athletics forums?

hmm, the gestapo must be hard at work

Patrick Donnelly
11-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Dave, there's no way that's CrossFit. If it were, it'd go something like this:

Monique:
Work up to a heavy triple in the round-back SLDL with the bounciest bumpers you can find. Repeat that triple at a pace fast enough that it ceases to be a series of triples and becomes a single set.

Max reps of the PVC deadlift in 30 seconds. (This technique work is imperative.)

Flip a Ford F-150 tire for 20 reps.

Run 5k. *

Post time, number of callus rips, cubic volume of puke, and number of 2oz. chalk blocks used to comments.

* Only if you have attended the POSE certification. If not, complete this WOD by registering for it. Registration deposits are non-refundable.

And everyone would be pulling between between 700 and 750.

Clay Jones
11-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Did the CF boards turn on the moderator approval for posts or is it only for those who seem to be members of Catalyst Athletics forums?

hmm, the gestapo must be hard at work

The board and mainpage comments have always been moderated (well, as far back as I can remember). Mainpaige comments are heavily moderated, as they get a bit of spam from what I hear.

George Mounce
11-29-2009, 05:15 AM
george, your point is well taken...but at the end of the day, i'd say(not entirely tongue in cheek) that it's more constructive to come up with hypothetical drinking contests than grieve over the past. as far as the current dust up, truly, Greg deserves credit for not folding this diehard sychophant up like an 8th grade lovenote.

the CF self destrcution has been notable, predictable and relentless. those of us who were doing semi-retarded couplets and lifting for time before the juggernaut will continue to do so after. at some point, one has to stop staring at the car wreck and let traffic move along.

I'll take a nice scotch of 2008 vintage (http://www.board.crossfit.com/showpost.php?p=407801&postcount=237), with a chaser of this has been a long time coming regardless. I've had nothing to do with the CF community for awhile and you are right, I think I'll just keep moving past the car wreck, but I will smile at this one.

Principles I enjoy, bureaucrats and thugs I do not.

Gant Grimes
11-29-2009, 06:09 AM
George, with your reserved comments here, you have demonstrated a bit of restraint yourself. Given the circumstances of a few months ago and the word choice they used (so very ironic), you'd be justified in saying whatever you wanted to.

Dave, "work up to 500# DL" shouldve given it away.

Clay, bacon should be included at any cert.

Scott, I would suggest adding gin to the mix (maybe scaling up?). It's been responsible for so much joy.

Kevin Perry
11-29-2009, 06:22 AM
The board and mainpage comments have always been moderated (well, as far back as I can remember). Mainpaige comments are heavily moderated, as they get a bit of spam from what I hear.

Well before you didn't have to wait for approval for your post to go through, but I havnt posted in a couple months so maybe it's new, but I can't also access half the crap on the message boards and everything has been pretty much disabled I was wondering if this is some new steps at content control or just them monitoring certain people.

George Mounce
11-29-2009, 07:38 AM
George, with your reserved comments here, you have demonstrated a bit of restraint yourself. Given the circumstances of a few months ago and the word choice they used (so very ironic), you'd be justified in saying whatever you wanted to.

I had bacon this morning. I love that stuff.

I honestly would love to see what is going on in the affiliate section of the CF forums these days. It would be an interesting read to see.

But from me? I said my piece long ago.

I haven't deadlifted in a long time. Pulled 450# @ 175# and the heaviest weight I've lifted is a 1.5 pd kettlebell. Kinda tells you something, doesn't it?

Kevin Perry
11-29-2009, 08:16 AM
bacon is a god send, and 450 is a good lift

Mike ODonnell
11-29-2009, 12:18 PM
CF really began the revolution for the smaller workout places (affiliates) to pop-up along with their workout mentality...which is a great thing. But it seems that the model of fitness that is now growing out there and evolving, has outgrown a need for a single HQ, as there are many who the community benefit from. This broader sense of fitness has now become something much larger and evolving into more particular programming (as seen witb Football CF, MEBB, Pmenu WOD, Robb's programming, etc).

Successful affiliates will ignore the drama and keep evolving past this with ongoing workouts and programming. Those will be the ones to grow and grow and their clients will benefit from it. People who dwell too much in this are just going to waste too much time when it could be better spent just moving on to what needs to be done....like Robb and Greg are doing. I learned my lesson in the past running bootcamps, that when I spent too much time worrying about what my competition was doing...my business started to suffer. Once I ignored them and only worried about what I needed to do for my clients, it grew back up and I was much happier for it.

Hence there is not much I really need to add to all this and will continue my ongoing support to the CF community (as that is who I care about helping, the people, the affiliates....and not all the other negative stuff at HQ). I'll keep popping into the forums there to help with nutrition, as I see no need not too (because I'm not going to care about all the other drama). Unless they kick me out for not totting a Zone like approach, but I doubt that as a good number of the nutrition threads are still about "Paleo" and "IF".

So.....in the spirit of fun...now back to designing the BeerFit cert and games.....and looks like we need a TequillaFit as well.

Brian Stone
11-29-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm up for BFit any day - Beer, Bacon, BBQ, and Barbell complexes.

Don Stevenson
11-29-2009, 08:12 PM
I used to post on the CF boards and main page but stopped posting on the main page when i got attacked during a rest day discussion for making a comment in support of a British SAS soldier who had refused to carry out orders in Iraq because he believed them to be unlawful. You would have thought that I had admitted to being Osama's right hand man

I stopped posting on the forum there when every second post became a dumb question from some newbie who couldn't figure out what a squat was.

I got sick of dealing with HQ when I tried to organise the first level 1 certification in Australia and they weren't willing to do any sort of profit share. Their attitude was basically that it was a privilege for them to to come out and teach me how to do air squats and pushups. When they did eventually organise a Level 1 in Australia they didn't bother to tell me that they'd stopped considering running it through us, they just posted it on the certifications page.

Now - Events for the beer games

I think kegs have got to feature heavily. how about the following

Each team of 3 starts with a full keg of beer

1 round =

drink one schooner of beer each

5 clean and press keg
10 pullups
15 situps
team carries keg out and back for 200m

winner is the last team to be able to complete a whole round

Teams are eliminated when someone barfs or is forced to crawl any part of the 200m :p

Joe Hart
11-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Geez...I go to IA and eat a turkey and this happens.

I started CF in March of 05. I just happen to suck at it.

James Evans
11-30-2009, 04:22 AM
Scott, I would suggest adding gin to the mix (maybe scaling up?). It's been responsible for so much joy.

I think maybe Ross is on to something, from his forum:

Ross Enamait
Post subject: Re: question for the crossfit geeks

Is Jägermeister less functional than gin?

Mike ODonnell
11-30-2009, 06:14 AM
Is Jägermeister less functional than gin?

I become less functional with more Jager....even if I think it does boost my dancing skilz.

Scott Kustes
11-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Don, what the hell is a schooner? If you think I'm drinking a sail boat full of beer, you're nuts!

Garrett Smith
11-30-2009, 07:21 AM
http://www.fantasyglassworks.com/images/Schooner.gif

Kevin Perry
11-30-2009, 07:28 AM
I become less functional with more Jager....even if I think it does boost my dancing skilz.

I had a bad experience with Jager a couple months ago, that was one crazy night.

Renee Lee
11-30-2009, 01:03 PM

8am, 3 rounds:

4pm, Beer Mile
4 rounds:
Chug a beer
Run 400m

Scott...

as one of the people in charge of programming the 2010 Meatfest's team wods, I am in full support of these wods!

Scott Kustes
11-30-2009, 03:27 PM
As a matter of principle, they won't be called WoDs. I'm pretty sure a wad is something you blow. They will be called events. Anyone calling them a WoD is subject to 5 rounds of "get flogged with a sack of oranges, try to stand up".

Scott Kustes
11-30-2009, 03:28 PM
I had a bad experience with Jager a couple months ago, that was one crazy night.
http://holydogwater.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/goat.jpg

Don Stevenson
11-30-2009, 04:00 PM
A schooner is a measure of beer in Australia but just to make sure everyone (locals and internationals alike) stays confused the size of a schooner is different in different states.

We also have about 10000000 different measures for beer in australia, most of which are specific to the state you live in.

Check out this list

Victoria - Beer

Pony 140ml
A Beer 200ml
Pot 285ml
Schooner 485ml
Jug 1140ml

South Australia - Beer

Pony 140ml
Butcher 200ml
Schooner 285ml
Jug 1140ml

New South Wales - Beer

A Five 140ml
A Seven 200ml
Middie 285ml
Schooner 425ml
Jug 1140ml

Queensland - Beer

N/A 140ml
A beer 200ml
Pot 285ml
Schooner 425ml
Jug 1140ml

Northern Territory - Beer

N/A 140ml
Seven 200ml
Pot 285ml
Handle 285ml
Beer 285ml
Can 375ml
Stubbie 375ml/345ml Varies
Schooner 425ml
Jug 1140ml

Tasmania - Beer

6 oz Beer 170ml If your an old guy and asked for a beer you would get a 6oz
8oz Beer 225ml
10oz Beer 285ml If you are a young guy you would get a 10oz for a beer
N/A 425ml Only for visitors
Jug 1140ml

Western Australia - Beer

Pony 140ml
A Beer 200ml
Pot 285ml
Middie 285ml
N/A 425ml
Jug 1140ml

Mike ODonnell
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM
I need to move to Australia....

Joe Hart
11-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Austrailia is sweet. I was there for the Navy. Perth and Tasmania. good times good times.

Jay Cohen
12-01-2009, 03:10 AM
http://holydogwater.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/goat.jpg

I'm not sure what that guy has latched on to, but they're both invited to Meat Fest 2010, though only one will be going home.

Brian Stone
12-01-2009, 05:34 AM
I'm not sure what that guy has latched on to, but they're both invited to Meat Fest 2010, though only one will be going home.

You're going to eat that guy?

Scott Kustes
12-01-2009, 06:05 AM
With some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Tirzah Harper
12-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Goat and beer? I'm in.

Clay Jones
12-01-2009, 05:17 PM
We also have about 10000000 different measures for beer in australia, most of which are specific to the state you live in.

Clearly I live in the wrong hemisphere.

Now - Events for the beer games

I think kegs have got to feature heavily. how about the following

Each team of 3 starts with a full keg of beer

1 round =

drink one schooner of beer each

5 clean and press keg
10 pullups
15 situps
team carries keg out and back for 200m

winner is the last team to be able to complete a whole round

Add in a few backbacon tosses for time and I'm in.

Chris Wood
12-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Mmmmm, reminds me of Kenya. Nyama choma (grilled goat meat) and Tusker beer. It's almost as good as Gant's brisket and beer combo.