PDA

View Full Version : Juice

Steve Forman
12-01-2009, 08:49 PM
So I was just listening to Wolf's podcast. I hoping this is not my miss understanding. but he mentioned that juicing fruit is not great for you. If fact its really a problem for spiking insulin levels, even more than eating fruit.

Just wander why?? why is okay to eat an apple PWO, but not juice it. Im having a block here! the search did not bring much up. This may not be about PWO and just about juicing.

anyways thanks for the help.

Steven Low
12-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Liquids move faster through your digestive system than foods so... they absorb into your system faster thus producing bigger insulin spikes.

Allen Yeh
12-02-2009, 02:39 AM
Also without all the other "stuff" like fiber/roughage you get less out of it.

Mike ODonnell
12-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Jack Lalanne juices....can't be all that bad.

The real danger is probably juicing more than you would eat whole anyways....therefore causing a larger amount of sugar to be consumed without filling yourself up.

Steve Forman
12-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Liquids move faster through your digestive system than foods so... they absorb into your system faster thus producing bigger insulin spikes.

This is what I was thinking. Not sure if I was right. funny how much I've been able to learn here. Thanks for the other responses, I hadn't thought of those.

Thanks guys.

Garrett Smith
12-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Juice non-starchy non-sugary veggies and you'll be fine.

It's the carrots/apples/etc. that turn juicing from something healthy into something sugary.

That being said, non-starchy vegetable juice can take some powering down, depending on your palate.