PDA

View Full Version : More tips on building Manna?

Grissim Connery
12-12-2009, 01:04 AM
i've been using walls and boxes to help hit different portions of the manna in addition to coach sommer's progressions. he states that 90% is spent with the hips forward and legs straddled. for the sake of keeping stuff fun, any tips on variations to help build it more?

Blair Lowe
12-12-2009, 03:36 AM
PB swing to the highest part of the manna you can and hold.

Steven Low
01-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Oh, didn't even see this.

Stretch the shoulders A LOT.

I had been working really high manna holds past where I could press. Unfortunately, most of the time should be spent pressing as I realized that I couldn't get much farther without pressing it a lot more.

I do like higher holds, but focusing on pushing the hips foward in any pressing is much more beneficial. Once I get back into it I'll keep you updated.

Brandon Oto
01-17-2010, 08:27 PM
+50% buff from a paladin or priest, and some good regen jewelry

Craig Brown
01-18-2010, 03:42 PM
http://pjentoft.com/huna-mana.html

Raising Mana is a large part of Huna.

Grissim Connery
01-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Oh, didn't even see this.

Stretch the shoulders A LOT.

I had been working really high manna holds past where I could press. Unfortunately, most of the time should be spent pressing as I realized that I couldn't get much farther without pressing it a lot more.

I do like higher holds, but focusing on pushing the hips foward in any pressing is much more beneficial. Once I get back into it I'll keep you updated.

What does this press look like? is it just getting in supports and pushing the hips forward hard without swinging for reps?

Steven Low
01-19-2010, 10:16 AM
What does this press look like? is it just getting in supports and pushing the hips forward hard without swinging for reps?
Yep..

If you can video your progress I can give you a critique based on my experience so far.

Grissim Connery
01-19-2010, 10:26 AM
it'd be a sad video hah.

should these presses be straddled or L? floor or parallel bars/paralletes?