PDA

View Full Version : Affiliate Gathering in Miami - invitation to party

Dominic Sirianni
12-29-2009, 12:05 PM
I know the Affiliate Gathering is in Miami this year. I throw a weekly party every Thursday night in downtown and would like to extend an invitation to anybody who will be in Thursday night. I'll instruct the door staff to let anyone with a CF shirt on in for free. It's 21+

this link is family safe and sort of explains the gist of the jam>>> http://www.miaminewtimes.com/bestof/2009/award/best-weekly-party-1648557/

I'll see if we can run some kind of paleo friendly drink special for the night - skinny girl margaritas or something. And I'll be sure to buy you a drink or a bottle of water if you introduce yourself.

Of course it goes without saying that you are all welcome to join us in the gym anytime you are in town. I am pretty sure we are the closest box to where the convention is going down. Just give us a heads up so we don't overcrowd the classes.

Much love from Miami!

Steve Shafley
12-29-2009, 08:27 PM
What if I just want to Glassman(TM)* the event?

*Get drunk, pop some vitamin v, pick up star-eyed hotties

Clay Jones
12-29-2009, 08:33 PM
What if I just want to Glassman(TM)* the event?

You need to get that into the Urban Dictionary right away. :D

Garrett Smith
12-30-2009, 05:46 AM
CrossFitters wear shirts? Really?

Scott Dyck
12-30-2009, 05:52 AM
CrossFitters wear shirts? Really?

Nice.

Dominic Sirianni
12-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Damn - I'm looking for a forum that is somewhere in between the CF one and IGX.

oh well.

Greg Everett
12-30-2009, 06:38 AM

oh well.

Just bad timing. Folks are a little riled up lately.

But increasingly, I think you're going to find more of this sentiment outside of official CF locations... If you really want to reach the type of CFers who will be attending the event, the CF board seems like a good idea.

Dominic Sirianni
12-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Greg

Good point - I'll probably just lurk in both places and read the good tips etc. and wait it out. Awesome book and magazine btw.

thanks for the resources, we've moved light years since getting the book.

Steve Shafley
12-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Take it with a grain of salt, Dominic.

Thin-skinnedness isn't a virtue.

Dominic Sirianni
12-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Shaf-

Definitely taking it with a grain of salt, a chuckle and a cup of coffee! I feel a little honored being called a f****t on IGX.

Sort of like hitting the weirdo internet lurker lottery.

I'm also a rookie lifter trying to sort out my place in the world.

Gant Grimes
12-30-2009, 10:17 AM
I feel a little honored being called a f****t on IGX.

Sort of like hitting the weirdo internet lurker lottery.

I'm also a rookie lifter trying to sort out my place in the world.

Haha. Keep up the lifting and the good attitude, and you'll be fine.

But really...Paleo-friendly drinks? You had it coming.

Derek Weaver
12-30-2009, 10:30 AM

oh well.

This board is somewhere between cf and igx. Like Greg said, bad timing. And also like Gant said, paleo friendly drinks was a set up. I think you'll like it here though. Anyone who can appreciate being called out at igx will be just fine.

Ganine Vanalst
12-30-2009, 10:42 AM
This board is somewhere between cf and igx.

CrossFit Purgatory

Welcome, we've been waiting for you.

Jay Ashman
12-30-2009, 10:44 AM
yea man, if you are drinking booze, throw Paleo out the window for the time being. :) Live it up with some Guinness chased with single-malt scotch

Dominic Sirianni
12-30-2009, 11:10 AM
I gave up drinking a long time ago actually, but for some reason tequila and skinny girl/nocal margaritas always get brought up as popular drinks.

Jay Ashman
12-30-2009, 11:36 AM
I gave up drinking a long time ago actually, but for some reason tequila and skinny girl/nocal margaritas always get brought up as popular drinks.

yes because a lot of Paleo eaters like the fact that the raw ingredients of Tequila are Paleo-friendly and justify that.

Nevermind how alcohol affects the system though, as long as its Paleo its all good :D

Derek Weaver
12-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Can we all just agree to not call it a skinny girl margarita?

Dominic Sirianni
12-30-2009, 01:29 PM
yah man - I never heard that until I described it to my GF and she called it that.

Steve Shafley
12-30-2009, 01:36 PM
If I had a dollar for every name I've been called on the intrawebz....

George Mounce
12-30-2009, 05:38 PM
yea man, if you are drinking booze, throw Paleo out the window for the time being. :) Live it up with some Guinness chased with single-malt scotch

We finally agree on something Jay!

Jay Ashman
12-30-2009, 06:15 PM
We finally agree on something Jay!

funny guy haha... we'd probably agree on a lot more than you think we do. :D

George Mounce
12-30-2009, 08:44 PM
funny guy haha... we'd probably agree on a lot more than you think we do. :D

Nope, every time I see you defend CrossFit, I'm reminded we don't agree on much.

Steve Romer
12-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Just bad timing. Folks are a little riled up lately.

But increasingly, I think you're going to find more of this sentiment outside of official CF locations... If you really want to reach the type of CFers who will be attending the event, the CF board seems like a good idea.

I am damn mad Greg and I don't even know you, but I know your information and the knowledge you share with us is top notch. I brought your DVD and Book and they are helping me improve my lifts by leaps and bounds. Your firing makes me feel used by CFHQ because they promised me the best training program. Well they lied to me.

It is people like you and Robb who give us the best knowledge to a healthier life. Following your and Robb's advice has given me more results than I could ever hope to get from CFHQ.

Just thanks for giving me real value for my money and allowing me to speak freely.

Jay Ashman
12-31-2009, 06:03 AM
Nope, every time I see you defend CrossFit, I'm reminded we don't agree on much.

Believe me, I don't look for your approval.

Steve Shafley
12-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Did I call you a faggot, Dominic? If so, don't take it personally, and I'll say I didn't mean it. I don't usually use that term, preferring the more elegant "manfucker". I don't think I did, though, but it's not difficult to be called a vile name on IGx.

Dominic Sirianni
12-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Delayed reaction shaf.

Steve Shafley
12-31-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm using drugs pretty heavily and am often addled.

Dominic Sirianni
12-31-2009, 01:20 PM
good way to start the new year.

Clay Jones
12-31-2009, 03:57 PM
But really...Paleo-friendly drinks? You had it coming.Damn, I thought Zinfandel was Paleo.

Dominic Sirianni
01-04-2010, 10:09 AM
zinfandeleo

Jay Ashman
01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Wine is Paleo, at least by my definition. :D

Grissim Connery
01-04-2010, 09:17 PM
anybody who shows up in a crossfit shirt has to do a 21-15-9 of tequila and guinness

Gant Grimes
01-04-2010, 09:46 PM
If I had a dollar for every name I've been called on the intrawebz....

Power Bear is my favorite.

And anyone who has to stay Paleo while reaching an altered state should be left there. It gives alcoholics a bad name.

Craig Brown
01-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Paleo for altered states usually means mushrooms, though in Texas it's more likely to be the Jimson Weed. People on the Weed should only be interacted with using extreme caution. Some of the old Vikings were fond of beer made with Henbane, which while probably not 'Paleo' is certainly hardcore. Big men with weapons twisted on neurotoxins = good times.

Dominic Sirianni
01-05-2010, 08:21 AM
'Power bear' is awesome