PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Dash

Mike ODonnell
01-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Let's see....Viking helmets....crawling through mud.....jumping over fire....swimming under logs.....party with lots of music, meat and beer....oh yeah...Now this is my type of Games....I'm so in!

http://www.warriordash.com/index.php

Locations all over the country....now off to buy a helmet and big ass horn to drink from.

Brian Stone
01-16-2010, 11:06 AM
This is totally epic!

Joe Hart
01-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Looks like fun. Reminds me of the Volkslauf and the Mudrun that the Marines put on. Those were 10 miles but sure seemed shorter. Lots o fun.

John Frazer
02-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Locations all over the country....now off to buy a helmet and big ass horn to drink from.

I think they give you the helmet ... I'm registered for the mid-Atlantic event anyway.

Geoffrey Thompson
02-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Let's see....Viking helmets....crawling through mud.....jumping over fire....swimming under logs.....party with lots of music, meat and beer....oh yeah...Now this is my type of Games....I'm so in!

http://www.warriordash.com/index.php

I've thought about it. It seems awesome. There's one not too far from me. I'm worried about the hay, though. I know that makes me sound like a pussy or something, but "hay" and "breathing" don't go together for me. And it's the first obstacle on my course.

Garrett Smith
02-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Already saw it...next year for me.

Sara Fleming
02-28-2010, 06:06 PM
My group is going to do the Maryland run. They are very excited about the beer, meat, and hatchet throwing (so I hear). I've got 8 interested so far, should be a lot of fun. We just have to figure out child care and warrior garb. :)

Wayne Riddle
03-01-2010, 02:38 AM
I'm thinking of doing the NE run.

Scott Kustes
03-01-2010, 06:29 AM
Mike, you still up for this? Brian and I will drive down to wherever in Podunk, GA this is and tear it up (by tear it up, I mean, try not to die).

Chris Forbis
03-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Mike, you still up for this? Brian and I will drive down to wherever in Podunk, GA this is and tear it up (by tear it up, I mean, try not to die).

I'm just a couple of hours away from the GA event and would be up for this as well.

Brian Stone
03-01-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm going w/ a bunch of friends to the Northeast event in September.

William Hunter
03-01-2010, 09:43 AM
The Saturday event in GA is already sold out. They opened up Sunday 5/23. Signed up with two of my friends...can't wait. Blue Ridge GA is beautiful.

Viking helmet and (one) beer included. The rest ya gotta pay for.

If you haven't read the FAQ, you should. Very funny.

Jeremy Shepard
03-01-2010, 08:09 PM
We've got several guys coming over for the Georgia run. Fat weightlifters running after doing no running-specific training. It's gonna be something to see.

You only get one beer? That's just unacceptable.

Jay Ashman
03-02-2010, 06:41 AM
still debating whether to do this or not... I don't do distances but this is hard to say no to... fire, barbed wire, beer and helmets are REAL hard to say no to

William Hunter
03-05-2010, 10:18 AM
just received this email from the RD

Warrior Code of Conduct

1. A warrior's thirst shall always be quenched. The sweet nectar of One Pyramid Brew will be served to each warrior. Thou may bring drink from youre homeland for additional strength (outside alcohol and glass containers will not be permitted; energy drinks and other non-alcoholic beverages permitted).

2. Friend of foe, thou shall respect the plight of fellow warriors through the muddy trenches and blazing wall of fire.

3. The heart of a warrior never slumbers and stands strong in the face of adversity.

4. Those warriors who reach out an empty hand may be thanked by that brother with a frothy cup of brew.

5. The celebration of battle is always open to the friends and family of our fearless warriors... and even better, they're free!

6. Chariots to and from the battleground shall be steered by the sober and valiant mind of your designated warrior driver.

See you on the battleground!

-The Warrior Dash gang

these guys are so full of it it's kind of funny

Jay Ashman
03-05-2010, 10:51 AM
William that rules... finally a recreational sporting-type event that doesn't take itself too seriously. It should be a fun time.