PDA

View Full Version : Birthday presents are funny

Grissim Connery
01-21-2010, 08:56 AM
My birthday is coming up, and my girlfriend asked me what I wanted. At first i was like oh whatever you think is fine. she insisted she wanted to get me something that i really wanted. so i go online and show her a link to a nice, thick manila rope (for climbing). she stares at me for a while and just says "you want some...rope?........."

i always feel like my toys are never like anybody else's toys.

Jamie J. Skibicki
01-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Manila rope is much to thick, you want something thinner, clothes line or ....

Ohh, for battling ropes or climbing. Never mind. Carry on.

Jason Barrow
01-21-2010, 11:57 AM
i always feel like my toys are never like anybody else's toys.[/QUOTE]

My last list of gift options: elite rings, weighted vest, skipping rope. Reaction? Pretty much the same!

You got a specific place to fix the rope to or, at the risk of sounding crazy, you just gonna throw it over a tree?!

Steven Low
01-21-2010, 08:00 PM
I would've asked for personal massages 3-4x a week... from her of course

Soft tissue work > toys. 'specially if she's good

Grissim Connery
01-21-2010, 09:29 PM
i'll put it over a tree when the weather is better. cleveland's not so good right now.

i mainly want it for the grip work. so for the time being, i'm gonna wrap it around some weight and pull it (like a row) to me. i do this with a skinny rope i have, but i want a new thick one. i thought about going for a 2' cause i could start with a reduced weight.

there's a nice deadlift feel to this that doesn't feel like you could hurt yourself at all.

i had been flipping over a box so it's top, rubbery end was on the floor. then i would put some plates on it and then attach the rope to it. the friction was really intense. then the school gym people got mad at me. i catch so much flak in my school gym.