PDA

View Full Version : first WL meet!

Daniel Gam
01-25-2010, 07:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ah9TKzUx8
wfs

comments/critique on form etc?

my squat is still really weak - haven't tested in a while, but I think my 1RM FS is somewhere around 110

i know the jumps in weight don't make sense, and I was hoping to get a few practice attempts in between actual attempts, but the warm-up room was really crowded and it progressed faster than anticipated. and I wanted to start light just to make sure I got something down

Garrett Smith
01-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Good job!

Do you know why you tend to turn your head to the right during your snatch recovery?

Pat McElhone
01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Congrats on doing your first meet. Great job getting onto the platform and laying it out...at that time...at that place.

WL is an awesome sport and more people should follow your lead and compete. I would like to see people stop filming and posting every WOD, move beyond their comfort zone of their gym/garage, stop putting PR next to every 5lb incremental increase in their squat/deadlift/etc and get on a platform and show the world how strong they actually are at a specific place and time.

Again good job on getting the courage to actually test yourself. I will watch the video later.

Daniel Gam
01-25-2010, 04:02 PM
my head turns involuntarily to the right whenever i snatch heavy! i try not to - it looks dumb

i know for a fact that my neck is slightly more flexible turning to the right than to the lift

Matt Foreman
01-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Very nice work, Daniel. Your technique is solid and you've got potential. Good luck in training for your next one!

Pat McElhone
01-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Dan,

You looked solid and smooth. Congrats.

Arden Cogar Jr.
01-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Daniel,
Excellent work!!!! Keep it up. That involuntary head movement you've got going on is not as bad as you think, I believe.

Your snatches are very good. Very good.

Keep up the excellent work!!

All the best,
Arden

glennpendlay
01-29-2010, 01:23 AM
Daniel,

Can you find me 10 kids exactly like you who want to move to california and let me coach them?

Glenn

PS... that means I think you have tons of talent and potential...

Justin McCallon
01-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Nice work!

My advice: don't put PT classes above weightlifting practice.
(Daniel and I lift together and are polar opposites)

Martin Bonn
01-31-2010, 05:36 AM
that's some good technique there mate! keep it up!