PDA

View Full Version : The Petition to STOP Shave

Jonathan Yoon
02-11-2010, 02:49 PM
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-dave-castro-from-ruining-crossfit

Derek Weaver
02-11-2010, 06:23 PM
I can't wait for HQ to dig up a few more videos of Castro being a nice guy to offset any of this.

When all that crap went down before it was amazing how fast they 'responsed' with video on the mainsite.

Steven Low
02-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Wait, what happened?

Gavin Harrison
02-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Steve,

Black Box Summit.

Jay Cohen
02-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Hilarious.

Steven Low
02-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Steve,

Black Box Summit.
Oh ok. Didn't realize that was in Austin. -_-

I thought there was ANOTHER incident.

Bryan Leake
02-16-2010, 11:19 AM
I was an early signer on that, right after the BBS. I'd encourage anyone who wants to, to sign it. Itellyawhat, though: these past few months, I've come to believe that it's not just Shave. CFHQ is 'unwell' in a broader sense than just one person. I've basically no use for them any longer, and removed their bookmarks from my browser.

I still train hard, at Coach Rut's online version of MEBB. Funny how organized, planned strength training is a good thing. I lurk here and a few other places. I guess I'll always feel grateful in a sense; they introduced an ordinary guy like me, with no athletic background, to the idea of hard training. I just have no real use for CF HQ any more.

Hmmm...I guess I needed to vent a bit.

Blair Lowe
02-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Even if you get rid of Castro, Glassman is still around. Here's a guy who has repeatedly blackmarked many SME in emails and then in public.

Once he gets rid of one, he slanders the **** outta them.

Oliver Gould
02-16-2010, 05:24 PM
In print, it's libel.

Lawrence "Bo" Boland III
02-17-2010, 06:25 AM
Even if you get rid of Castro, Glassman is still around. Here's a guy who has repeatedly blackmarked many SME in emails and then in public.

Once he gets rid of one, he slanders the **** outta them.

Agreed. It's a shame too... Glassman may be a douchebag, but he is a damn good speaker and motivator. With the current incarnation of how CFHQ makes money, it's going to take quite a lot to change their ways.

I do like what Bryan said though: It introduces people to hard training, that normally wouldn't go for that kind of thing. I think the really smart gym owners in the future will be starting with some sort of CF affiliation, but making their own mark out there with as little influence from CFHQ as possible (hell, thats how most of the best CF gyms have come about anyways).

Jason Lopez-Ota
02-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Whats is this all about? I missed something.

Derek Weaver
02-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Jason. See the quote below.

Steve,

Black Box Summit.

Jason Lopez-Ota
02-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Jason. See the quote below.

I found some articles on google. I am readying my coffee with sugar and cream to prepare for a good read.

I would still rather train with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders than any muscular fitness guru.

Derek Weaver
02-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Search this forum and you'll find plenty. And Robb's site from ~6 weeks ago now I think.

Gant Grimes
02-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Glassman...is a damn good speaker and motivator.

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitJournal_GG_AtChalkboard_PerfectTechnique_J ournalPreview.mov

Jason Lopez-Ota
02-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Search this forum and you'll find plenty. And Robb's site from ~6 weeks ago now I think.

Wow. I thought Special Ops guys and former Special Ops guys were a lot more professional.

I recommend calling the police and having them deal with the guy next time. He puts his hands on someone. He probably wouldnt get in a lot of trouble, but people definently wouldnt look up to the guy.

Tyler Micheli
02-18-2010, 06:33 PM
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitJournal_GG_AtChalkboard_PerfectTechnique_J ournalPreview.mov

"It's not a mathematical reality." Oh, thank God! Now I can fall on mathematics as an excuse to not pursue a better snatch.

Jason Lopez-Ota
02-18-2010, 09:30 PM
I went through a similar situation at a crossfit affiliate and was accused of starting the whole thing even though the guy outweighed me by 100 pounds. Thats slightly exaggerated. It was probably more like 50 or 60 pounds.

I should have just called the police on the guy.

I went back a couple times and I decided the place just wasnt worth going to if I had to deal with that kind of bullshit.

I dont like the attitude of a lot of crossfitters also. A lot Ive met seem to think they are better than anyone else just because they do a fitness program.

Derek Weaver
02-18-2010, 09:54 PM
I went through a similar situation at a crossfit affiliate and was accused of starting the whole thing even though the guy outweighed me by 100 pounds. Thats slightly exaggerated. It was probably more like 50 or 60 pounds.

I should have just called the police on the guy.

I went back a couple times and I decided the place just wasnt worth going to if I had to deal with that kind of bullshit.

I dont like the attitude of a lot of crossfitters also. A lot Ive met seem to think they are better than anyone else just because they do a fitness program.

Well, yeah. I mean, what's more hardcore than trying to vomit each time out? No need to call the police, either handle it yourself or walk away.

Jason Lopez-Ota
02-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Well, yeah. I mean, what's more hardcore than trying to vomit each time out? No need to call the police, either handle it yourself or walk away.

No, I will do what I feel I need to do. Call me a pussy or whatever. I dont need to prove myself by fighting some guy in a gym.

I did walk away, but I did not need to be threatened in the first place by some dumbass that doesnt have a handle on himself.

I train in the puke zone because I do martial arts, not so I can go around and act macho like some crossfitters Ive met.

Edited

Lawrence "Bo" Boland III
02-19-2010, 08:07 AM

Holy crap, is he drunk? lol! I've never seen that one before. Ok ok... I revise my statement: I've seen some good motivational-type speeches from the guy.

Jonathan Yoon
02-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Holy crap, is he drunk? lol! I've never seen that one before. Ok ok... I revise my statement: I've seen some good motivational-type speeches from the guy.

This video only re-enforces the Gin Story. Plus, he was reported being in the same inebriated-looking capacity during the CF101 in Seattle a few months ago.

Brian DeGennaro
02-19-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm surprised no one has made a "Pirates of the Caribbean" joke yet.

"Why is the gin gone?"
"One: because it is a *vile* drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two: the RRG scam has failed, the affiliates didn't fall for it."
"But why is the gin gone?"

Derek Weaver
02-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I can't believe that video is up for public viewing. I saw it posted at igx a few days ago. And now on multiple blogs. I think one of the igx'ers said he was feeling zero pain at the games when he saw him there. I'd think that between the appearance of being innebriated as well as grossly out of shape that the cult would catch on.

Gant Grimes
02-19-2010, 02:45 PM
I saw this petition in the first few days of its existence, and I refused to sign it. Without Couch, Shave, and Pudding, where would this thing be?

Derek Weaver
02-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Seriously. You can't enjoy a train wreck if it stays on the rails.

Jason Lopez-Ota
04-18-2010, 03:58 PM
No, I will do what I feel I need to do. Call me a pussy or whatever. I dont need to prove myself by fighting some guy in a gym.

I did walk away, but I did not need to be threatened in the first place by some dumbass that doesnt have a handle on himself.

I train in the puke zone because I do martial arts, not so I can go around and act macho like some crossfitters Ive met.

Edited

A couple weeks ago I almost had to fight a pitbull mix and another dog that almost attacked my Mom and I.

There's a time and a place for fighting. A gym is not the place and just isn't worth it.

Defending my Mom is.

Gant Grimes
04-19-2010, 06:54 AM
A couple weeks ago I almost had to fight a pitbull mix and another dog that almost attacked my Mom and I.

Don't pull guard.

Grissim Connery
04-19-2010, 07:49 AM

this is painful to watch.

i like how he's talkin about injury and risk, and there's a few points where it looks like he's gonna stumble and fall over.

Jason Lopez-Ota
04-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Don't pull guard.

That was my first instinct.

You know us BJJ guys love to fall on our backs and take it to the ground.