PDA

View Full Version : Preventing stretch marks

Shane Skowron
03-02-2010, 01:35 PM
So I just got two large stretch marks on my leg adductor near the groin in the last couple weeks. Fortunately they're not visible in shorts, but I don't really want any more of these to happen since from what I hear they don't disappear.

I've read a few things that are supposed to "cure" these and prevent them, such as Vit A, Vit E, coconut oil, cocoa butter, etc. I'm a little skeptical and wondering if anyone has actually had success with them.

So is there any way to avoid these in the future? I'm actually trying to avoid muscle hypertrophy so I'm not sure how this happened.

Steven Low
03-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Ask your mom and/or mom's friends. :)

In general, what I've heard is what you heard. The oils/butters/vitamins.

Garrett Smith
03-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Curious, are you sure that these just showed up recently?

Also, do you have any clue as to how you managed to hypertrophy your adductors/hamstrings enough to manage some large stretch marks?

Shane Skowron
03-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Curious, are you sure that these just showed up recently?

Also, do you have any clue as to how you managed to hypertrophy your adductors/hamstrings enough to manage some large stretch marks?

They showed up sometime in the last month. At first I thought they were just marks from wearing tight compression shorts but I realized they're still there when I'm not wearing those.

I recently switched to sumo pulls because conventional deadlifts weren't working out for me. I think that may have put a lot more strain on my adductors. I've also been doing a lot more pushing out on the knees during front squats which really recruits my adductors. But even still, I'm not eating enough to hypertrophy or doing bodybuilding sets.