PDA

View Full Version : My right arm is smaller than my left???

David Boyle
03-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Normal?

Garrett Smith
03-02-2010, 05:32 PM
What arm is dominant? How big of a difference?

Gary Ohm
03-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Hehehe, lots of totally inappropriate things screaming through my mind...

However, like Garret asked, how much difference is there? Do you play racquet sports? I played tennis from the time I was five through college until age 22. I was a freak! My dominant forearm was easily two or more inches larger than my weak side, and I'm not a big guy. My upper arm was larger, and I had lots of other anomalies.
I'm evened out now, 20 years later, so for me it wasn't the end of the world. Do you consciously favor one side over another?

David Boyle
03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I just noticed haha...but I'm usually dominant in my right arm/shoulder. However my right shoulder has been bothering me on and on for the last 4 months. Kinda feels like a pinch in the joint/tissue. Don't know if that would cause it??

But its like a 0.5 inch smaller than the left....:confused:...that does sound weird...lol.

I'm temped to start doing some preacher curls to get it even out...lol

Steven Low
03-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Sounds like you need to address your injury first...

David Boyle
03-03-2010, 07:22 AM
true true...don't really know the steps to go about that. Does it sound serious?

Derek Weaver
03-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Yes, it is serious. Anything that has been ongoing for 4 months is serious.

What causes the discomfort? Going overhead? Horizontal pressing? All of it?

What other activity do you do that may cause more stress to the left arm that may result in the imbalance? I'm guessing that the imbalance is nothing, but the shoulder pinching could be an impingement or a symptom of something potentially mroe serious.

David Boyle
03-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Yes, it is serious. Anything that has been ongoing for 4 months is serious.

What causes the discomfort? Going overhead? Horizontal pressing? All of it?

What other activity do you do that may cause more stress to the left arm that may result in the imbalance? I'm guessing that the imbalance is nothing, but the shoulder pinching could be an impingement or a symptom of something potentially mroe serious.

...yea I know I'm in denial...b/c I'm addicted to training. No lie. That is why I haven't been to medical.

A few months back I was playing around w/ my wife and I picked her up and held her in a sorta "front carry" position....and the next day my shoulder was acting up.

That was like 3 months ago.

I noticed the pain when I grabbed onto something...like when I would do 1 arm KB swings w/ my right arm ...my shoulder would get this "pinching" sensation.

Derek Weaver
03-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah, addiction of any sort is bad. Go to medical and get it checked out.