PDA

View Full Version : At the Chalkboard

Derek Weaver
03-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure about Bony, it seems he may have been assigned to be "babysitter/translator" to the GWF based on the most recent CFJ videos.

I almost started a new thread to compile these videos.

Here's the newest one: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/GG_AtChalkboard_Threshold_JournalPreview.wmv

Wow. I can barely understand him. And I don't mean from a technical sense.

Steve Shafley
03-04-2010, 06:16 AM
The way he's wiping his nose and consistently reaching for the knob to steady himself is indicative of something....I'm not sure what.

Brandon Oto
03-04-2010, 07:49 AM
These are really the best.

Geoffrey Thompson
03-04-2010, 08:00 AM
The way he's wiping his nose and consistently reaching for the knob to steady himself is indicative of something....I'm not sure what.

Well, now I feel bad about laughing at him, because what if he has some sort of degenerative disease? There are several that could fit the bill.

Steve Shafley
03-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Around here it's called "The Vodka Flu".

I hear there's variants out west, at least one is the Gin Flu.

Gant Grimes
03-04-2010, 10:01 AM
I had to start a new thread for these. You don't hide the gold bullion amidst the less precious clutter. I'm 50/50 on whether to sticky this stuff.

Despite Irongarm's best efforts, nothing is more damaging to CF than its own videos.

Can somebody subtitle this for me? I'm a little rusty on my Drunkenese.

Steve Shafley
03-04-2010, 10:26 AM
I find it ironic that I was banned for several years, yet my postcount is close to Gant's.

Jesus. I might need an intervention here.

Derek Weaver
03-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks for doing the work for me Gant.

I'll try and post a manuscript. I've only been out of college a couple of years and am still proficient in Drunkenese, maybe not fluent.

Gant Grimes
03-04-2010, 12:32 PM
This transcript was PM'd to me by one of the faithful. (It is also posted elsewhere). Thanks!

Tony: Can you explain a little bit of what is that mechanism going on where we push and correct and hold back . . .

Couch: Itís a thresh . . . itís a threshold phenomena asmuchasicannahoho . . . overload concept forozo those old Weider d-d-days fans you know Muscle and Fitness . . .um I Iím a Iím taking a physiological parameter and Iím stressing it . . and uh its . . its . . control. And both neurologically and muscularly thereís an adaptation and response to that and its increased control at a at a at a reduced or same intensity. Its uh its uh at the heart too of every human endeavor where uh velocity is a critical complement, of course speed and movement is vital. Whether you are talking about thoracic surgery or typing or uh any any motor sport, you know, where going fast without crashing is inherently valuable. What you find is a tension between error and movement and the uh much uh prized uh velocity.

Mike Kerce
03-04-2010, 12:39 PM
i've got no dog in this fight, but my god, what on earth does that mean? you could easily put that in Websters as the definition of psychobabble. listening to him ramble and spout on CF Radio recently definitely put me off of ever vesting much into what GG had to say.

Kevin Perry
03-04-2010, 12:40 PM
he's going to have to prepare the ship pretty soon

Lawrence "Bo" Boland III
03-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Ha! I read the transcript on IronGarm today. The video is pretty ridiculous. *Sigh*

Derek Weaver
03-04-2010, 04:15 PM
he's going to have to prepare the ship pretty soon

Just as soon as he wakes up from a nap.

Ben Smith
03-04-2010, 08:35 PM
That transcript reminds me of:

http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo/

Hit refresh and see what else you get.

Scott Dyck
03-05-2010, 06:41 AM
That's fantastic. I wish that was around when I was writing philosophy papers in college.

Jamie J. Skibicki
03-05-2010, 09:08 AM
WHy does HQ release this stuff? DOn't they know he looks drunk? I mean his eyes aren't even open half the time. I can see if he was on spot at a cert and some one asks and he has to think on his feet, you would search for words, take some time to think about answers, back track a bit, but this is produced. And he's incoherent. I'm beginning to think HQ has been infiltrated by IGX.

Geoffrey Thompson
03-05-2010, 09:21 AM
WHy does HQ release this stuff? DOn't they know he looks drunk? I mean his eyes aren't even open half the time. I can see if he was on spot at a cert and some one asks and he has to think on his feet, you would search for words, take some time to think about answers, back track a bit, but this is produced. And he's incoherent. I'm beginning to think HQ has been infiltrated by IGX.

Seriously, though, there are several diseases that could cause such a problem besides alcoholism. Maybe tertiary syphilis, for instance.

Jamie J. Skibicki
03-05-2010, 10:44 AM
"tertiary syphilis"

I giggled

Mike Kerce
03-05-2010, 11:14 AM

probably because they know the vast majority won't question their leader, and probably don't mind weeding out the ones that will.

Jonathan Yoon
03-05-2010, 11:31 AM
probably because they know the vast majority won't question their leader, and probably don't mind weeding out the ones that will.

I bet that these videos aren't helping their case when it comes to supposedly getting those certifications legitimized.

Scott Dyck
03-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Here's another little chalkboard video transcript, courtesy of the same faithful one:

Pudding: (Recalling tale of running, wall ball and box jump workout where couch was supposedly training body builders) . Scaled appropriated, anyone one the planet who's functional, healthy, should be able to perform that workout at some level. . . . If all your training separates musculature
with isolation movements, uh, that workout will likely injure you.

Couch: Yeah, I've got it, I've heard a lot of body builders doing (innocuous?) mistakes. Box jump.

Pudding: Jumping up on a box .. .

Couch: Up, ouch! What happened? hamstring, or hip, knee or something, its weird.

Pudding: So there is some integration of these movements .. .

Couch: Of course there is. Immense, immense. Widely interdependent, just the, just the inter, just the interplay of of glute, hamstring, and quadricep is dizzying in its, in its ramifications, I think.

Pudding: Right . . .

Couch: More complex a system than I want to take apart.

What a douche canoe.

Alex Bond
03-05-2010, 12:16 PM
These Chalkboard videos almost make me want to subscribe to the journal so I can watch the whole thing. If the 30 second preview is this kind of a trainwreck, what happens when he rants for 10 minutes at a time? There are probably $25 worth of laughs in there.

Geoffrey Thompson
03-05-2010, 12:39 PM
These Chalkboard videos almost make me want to subscribe to the journal so I can watch the whole thing. If the 30 second preview is this kind of a trainwreck, what happens when he rants for 10 minutes at a time? There are probably $25 worth of laughs in there.

Probably. It's not a mathematical reality.

Derek Simonds
03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
That transcript reminds me of:

http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo/

Hit refresh and see what else you get.

Good Gawd that hurt my brain and I only hit refresh once.!

Derek Weaver
03-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I bet that these videos aren't helping their case when it comes to supposedly getting those certifications legitimized.

Seriously. The NSCA may be full of it and all, but who are they really hurting?

CF disciples blindly follow that guy, who in the best case is really sleepy, or maybe has the flu in that video. Worst case, well...

Jason Ashman
03-09-2010, 09:01 AM

Speaking of weeding out those that question..... Exhibit umm.... what are we at, H now???

Say goodnight to Whole 9, they of Melissa Urban and Co. (http://whole9life.com/2010/03/parting-ways-with-crossfit/)

I know that beating on Crossfit's business practices is pretty much like beating a dead horse, then backing over it with a truck- twice, then putting it through a wood chipper, but I do wonder what happens to the brand- if anything- when the only affiliates that are left are the ones the Irongarm boys take so much pride in posting form links from.

Does this mean the Whole9 crew will be speaking at the Black Box summit, with all the other Black Sheep?? :D

Allen Yeh
03-09-2010, 09:08 AM
So you can't be an affiliate now at all unless you tow the party line? Err.....

James Evans
03-09-2010, 09:15 AM
I guess they had just evolved their concept of fitness (http://evolveyourfitness.blogspot.com/2010/01/questions-for-melissa-urban.html)a little too far for some people's liking.

Good luck to the two of them.

Derek Weaver
03-09-2010, 04:30 PM
So you can't be an affiliate now at all unless you tow the party line? Err.....

I guess so. If you are more interested in developing strength and better fitness than you are in Zoning and vomiting then you're out. No need for the week in the 'CF Community'

Gavin Harrison
03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I guess so. If you are more interested in developing strength and better fitness than you are in Zoning and vomiting then you're out. No need for the week in the 'CF Community'

There's plenty of room for the weak, on the other hand.

Derek Weaver
03-09-2010, 11:03 PM
There's plenty of room for the weak, on the other hand.

Hah! Good catch.

The cough medicine's got me a little deficient with spelling and grammar.

Geoffrey Thompson
03-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Hah! Good catch.

The cough medicine's got me a little deficient with spelling and grammar.

Let's put you in front of a chalkboard, then.

Derek Weaver
03-10-2010, 01:00 PM
That'd make an interesting side by side comparison.

This could make for an interesting Youtube phenomenon...

Derek Weaver
03-12-2010, 06:28 PM
I can't believe it, but they posted another one of these: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitJournal_GG_AtChalkboard_ArtTrainingPRE.wmv

I never thought I'd see anyone, from any fitness movement note that technical knowledge isn't needed... but a celebration of exertion.

Priceless.

Wayne Riddle
03-13-2010, 03:15 AM
I never thought I'd see anyone, from any fitness movement note that technical knowledge isn't needed... but a celebration of exertion.

If you had technical knowledge you wouldn't have the "Crossfit Slop" and times on met-cons would start to increase. Can't have that.

I'm a newbie to all of this, but have done enough sports through my life where I know the importance of technical knowledge, both to make you better at what you do and decrease the chance of injury. It has always bugged me where some in the CF industry seem to brush off doing things technically correct.

Just my two cents.

Donald Lee
03-13-2010, 11:33 AM
...more like a birthday party than a physics class.

I think this was the best of the chalkboard videos.

Derek Weaver
03-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I think this was the best of the chalkboard videos.

This was a good one. No need for more technical knowledge, birthday party instead of a physics class.... classic.

Edit:
Saw this transcript of the video. I wish I could take credit for figuring it out, but I'm not that good. It is indeed the best one.

Boney.."All right, I'm gonna role play here, I'm a level 1 trainer...gotta buddy...we've worked out in the past...he's a good friend...he squats like crap...what do I do...how do I balance those contra...(confused look)

Cosh: (as usual interrupts Boney) "I-I-I-I don't have good answers there...and....I also....I-I-don't think that the training art and skill lies in the uh.....pause.....necessarily better answers to....the problems that challenge all (slurring and bracing self on chalkboard) 'coshes' I think, I think there what is needed is not better technical knowledge but appreciation and attitude and a sense of fun and enjoyment and celebration and little spirit of art or errr...and exertion...uhhh achievement that you know - you want a birthday party than a physics class.

Scott Dyck
03-19-2010, 07:27 AM
I hope these never end.

Pudding: If Iím an affiliate, or Iím a trainer, and Iím not as busy or as financially successful or or having as much fun or or whatever criteria I have, Iím not as successful as I wanna be, what youíre saying here is the subtle differences between muscles firing (couch wobbles and grabs for anything to steady himself) and to finding mid-line stabilization is probably not my problem.

Couch: No no, of course not. I asked a kid recently if he was doing anything socially with his clients, and his response was you know, that could be a weakness right there. And I thought that was funny, huh huh, you know, huh huh, "could be a weakness," huh huh.

Pudding: (forced sycophantic laughter) Yes it is!

Couch: Cuz a guy that has some interaction, thinks itís a lot.

Pudding: Right.

Couch: You know?

Pudding: Right.

Couch: And people that have constant interaction donít even really get the queshun. And that wuzh Lauren and Iís life. We didnít haveÖwe didnítÖ I didnítÖdrink beer with people that didnít train with us.

Pudding: Huh.

Couch: If you rode bikes with me, and me and you draÖdid margaritas with us.
And Fran. Huh huh.

Pudding: Heh.

Couch: (grabs file cabinet for balance) And uh that kind of integration, and I mean look, if you if you uh like no I want a sharp demarcation, Iím an accountant and I come home at 5 oíclock when the whistle blows and you know Fruh Flimstum style youíre off, um, if- if you would dread to run into your average clients for a pastrami sandwich after , at the end of the day, eh, youíre in the wrong line of work.

Pudding: You might have a great knowledge, of , of, the physical components of movement, but youíre in the wrong line of work.

Couch: (nods wisely, gin blossoms all aglow.)

Brian DeGennaro
03-19-2010, 07:54 AM
They didn't even make a question or a point with that video.

Gant Grimes
03-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Link for today's:
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitJournal_GG_AtChalkboard_RelationshipBizPRE .wmv

Cliff's Notes:
1) Don't have friends outside of CF
2) Drink with your CF friends often

Jamie J. Skibicki
03-19-2010, 10:12 AM
You don't do CF, CF does you.

Gavin Harrison
03-19-2010, 11:17 AM
They didn't even make a question or a point with that video.

Yes they did.

Q: "How do I improve my business?"
A: "Drink more."

Garrett Smith
03-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Link for today's:
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitJournal_GG_AtChalkboard_RelationshipBizPRE .wmv

Cliff's Notes:
1) Don't have friends outside of CF
2) Drink with your CF friends often
Brilliant in brevity, right there.

Derek Weaver
03-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm dumbfounded....

This was the most incoherent of all of them. I'm expecting this series to end with Couch falling over and wiping out the Chalkboard, Pudding, and maybe the malpractice books.

Out cold in a puddle of drool.

Brian Stone
03-19-2010, 02:44 PM
What the hell is that diagram supposed to be that they're referencing at the beginning of the video?

Donald Lee
03-19-2010, 07:24 PM
What the hell is that diagram supposed to be that they're referencing at the beginning of the video?

The spine and hips.

Garrett Smith
03-19-2010, 09:21 PM
The infamous "sticks and circles" drawings can be found here (http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/12_03_Anatomy_Physiology.pdf).

Geoffrey Thompson
03-20-2010, 06:57 AM
That hip is really long and confusing.

Garrett Smith
03-20-2010, 07:23 AM
That hip is really long and confusing.
That's because it's the pelvis.

I actually found the drawings useful when I first saw them. This was probably the first time I witnessed the lipservice to form & biomechanics, which I thought was great, only to see it thrown out the window several minutes later for "Fran".

Derek Weaver
03-20-2010, 06:09 PM
That's because it's the pelvis.

I actually found the drawings useful when I first saw them. This was probably the first time I witnessed the lipservice to form & biomechanics, which I thought was great, only to see it thrown out the window several minutes later for "Fran".

I thought it was a poor drawing of a bottle...

Clay Jones
03-22-2010, 10:23 PM
I thought it was a poor drawing of a bottle...That would make sense.

Tom Rawls
03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
The psychology here is mind boggling.

Is Glassman unaware that he is incoherent in these videos? Or is he so contemptuous of his audience that he amuses himself by goofing on them?

Is Budding so intimidated that he posts this nonsense because the boss instructs him to? Or is he hoping to undermine the boss? He can't be so foolish as to think these videos make sense.

It would be instructive in a creepy sort of way to learn what goes on behind the veil in Oz.

Jason Ashman
03-23-2010, 09:27 PM
The odd part about this whole series is that there are so many Crossfit folks eating it up, and complimenting and congratulating them for the vids. It strikes me that they're not even listening to it.

Part of what attracted me to Crossfit in the first place was that Glassman was a charismatic dude who spoke better than most fitness guys. The fact that what he was selling was so vastly different from your basic Globogym fare was what hooked me, but what got me listening was the dude's delivery.

What I'm viewing here isn't even interesting from a fitness viewpoint; Its just a dude rambling, mostly incoherently, and what is understandable is essentially a guy talking out his ass. Its quite the change from watching the Okinawa Speech a year or so ago.

The strange part is that I couldn't believe that Glassman appeared to be drunk, and that my perusals of IGX had somehow tarnished my viewpoint, so I showed "At the Chalkboard" to a friend of mine with no ties to Crossfit, IGX, or anything else remotely connected to this. She got halfway through the video and declared "That guy is shitfaced!", followed immediately by "I can't watch anymore- He's loaded, and from what I can make out, all that guy's doing is talking out his ass anyway."

Watching Crossfit throw away their credibility bit by bit has been a tad surreal- Crossfit opened up a whole new world of fitness for me, and got me out of bodybuilding-centered workouts, so I have some feelings for the company and the folks involved. I've also enjoyed every CF cert I've been to, found the instructor folks & SMEs to be class-acts, and found the affiliates and their members to be generally good folks with great intentions. But CF is still a business, and one that seems to be increasingly un-business-like in its endeavors.

You just don't post things like this.

Wayne Riddle
03-24-2010, 02:29 AM
You just don't post things like this.

When I've viewed them that was the question that came to my mind; "why the hell are they posting this?" Didn't anyone sit down and view it without their CF rose-colored glasses on?

I saw Glassman speak last year, and like you Jay he gave a really good speech. So we know he is capable of it. No need for something of this quality.

Derek Weaver
03-24-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm convinced Glassman and the sheep are doing these just to see what they can get away with. "Holy crap! They actually think I'm saying something, even though it's a bunch of words with no relation to each other. No actual point. Idiots."

Next we will probably see a wod with 75 ring handstand pushups and other stupid ideas. Oh wait...

Jason Ashman
03-27-2010, 05:29 PM
More "At the Chalkboard" clips up. This one is at least coherant, but is HEAVILY edited, and cuts out rapidly at a few points, seemingly cutting off Glassman in midstream/thought.

Derek Weaver
03-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Could you please tell me how this is coherent? http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFitJournal_GG_AtChalkboard_JustSquat_JournalP review.wmv

He says, just squat, nothing else. This one may be the most retarded of all of them. Nothing in terms of progression.

And they had to edit the hell out of it. I can only imagine the train wreck they must have skipped around.

Jason Ashman
03-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Could you please tell me how this is coherent?

I said it was coherent, not solid speech making. Coherence doesn't mean it makes sense, just that I can tell he's actually speaking english.

I'm still rather disturbed that his ability to say things that make sense has fallen this far. Like him or hate him, no one could argue that Glassman was a charismatic dude with a decent idea and a talent for speaking. Now, it appears his ideas are somewhat skewed, and he's having trouble making sentences- and words, for that matter- connect together properly.

Brian DeGennaro
03-27-2010, 07:01 PM
The full version is the shortest of them all, too. It is definitely more coherent than the others, he does make more sense, but he's still rambling on.

Derek Weaver
03-27-2010, 10:51 PM
I said it was coherent, not solid speech making. Coherence doesn't mean it makes sense, just that I can tell he's actually speaking english.

I'm still rather disturbed that his ability to say things that make sense has fallen this far. Like him or hate him, no one could argue that Glassman was a charismatic dude with a decent idea and a talent for speaking. Now, it appears his ideas are somewhat skewed, and he's having trouble making sentences- and words, for that matter- connect together properly.

Fair enough. Sorry for coming off a bit caustic.

When I think coherent, I think of an actual sentence that makes sense to normal people.

He's definitely easier to understand on a word for word basis, but he's still not saying anything.

Jason Ashman
03-27-2010, 11:18 PM
He's definitely easier to understand on a word for word basis, but he's still not saying anything.

On that, we agree with each other completely. :D

Derek Weaver
03-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Exactly. I think we had a minor misunderstanding with regards to semantics.

He's more coherent (which it looks like one long discussion between him and Bony) for that stretch, as in he knows where he is. He's not "sleep talking", but he's making not one iota of sense.

I'd be interested to as to whether they had to take breaks to regroup and get back to the chalkboard or if it was continuous shoot for however long it took.

Jeremy Shepard
04-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Affiliate Scenario: It's Friday and one of your members shows up smelling like beer at your 5pm class. He doesn't seem that drunk and he's a really good athlete -- not the kind that you worry about during a WOD -- but the rest of the class is already making jokes about Twelve-Beer Billy. What do you do? Let Billy join class? Give him a warning or some kind of sobriety test? Or tell Billy to sit this one out?

Put him in front of a chalkboard and roll tape.
Comment #14 - Posted by: Gant at April 1, 2010 9:26 AM

That's just pure awesome.

Brian DeGennaro
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
^ I almost fell out of my chair over when I read that.

Adolfo Riveron
04-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes! Epic Win!!

Geoffrey Thompson
04-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I certainly drink at birthday party and not physics class.

Derek Weaver
04-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I certainly drink at birthday party and not physics class.

That's not the college spirit. If you drink at physics class, it feels more "like birthday party".

Ahem, I had no experience doing this when I was in college.

Adolfo Riveron
04-02-2010, 07:46 AM
When theres a thursday night football game and you have class right up until kickoff, you have to get your pregaming done somehow.

Brandon Oto
04-02-2010, 01:53 PM
The editing is obvious if you compare the sunlight position, state of the chalkboard, and visible objects in the room.

Gant Grimes
04-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Man, I've been off the board too long. I'll give some credit for legible speech (allowing the standard 20% slop). WTH is a "culture of meta squatters and meta squat trainers?" Are we talking about conceptual teaching? Because we know these questions can only be divined through competition and not debate.

Derek Weaver
04-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Man, I've been off the board too long. I'll give some credit for legible speech (allowing the standard 20% slop). WTH is a "culture of meta squatters and meta squat trainers?" Are we talking about conceptual teaching? Because we know these questions can only be divined through competition and not debate.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's trying to tie squatting to metaphysics. This is, of course, not applicable to anything he says and beyond retarded.

Gant Grimes
05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Outtakes from the Chalkboard series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a527Kw9fUok

Derek Weaver
05-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Outtakes from the Chalkboard series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a527Kw9fUok

Epic.

I hear this is the mystery domain to be introduced at the Games this year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZTMzYITmc8

Jason Ashman
05-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Just noticed that CFHQ has re-vamped and re-issued the Crossfit Manual for L1 certifications. 115 pages, basically a collection of mostly older articles from Glassman et al, along with some reference points to other articles and videos within the journal database.

A fair enough read, but what really interested me- and what pertains to this here thread- is that one of the videos referenced for further study is "At The Chalkboard: Threshold Training".

Its a professional document, and one that will surely be scrutinized by ANSI during the ongoing accreditation process we keep hearing about, and they use barely comprehensible rambling as a reference point? I won't even mention the pictures of Glassman, nor how unflattering they are.

It makes no sense- If you're trying to redefine the industry and break new ground by being all science-based and professional, why not actually be all professional, re-do what needs to be redone in the vids, and get solid, respectable pictures done, even if they're staged? It looks horrible, and screams "amateur hour".

For those of you with Journal subscriptions, the manual can be found here. (http://journal.crossfit.com/2010/05/crossfit-level-1-training-guide.tpl)

Geoffrey Thompson
05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
I doubt ANSI really cares or that being "accreditated" is really a big deal. ANSI isn't a judge of fitness or what sort of fitness methodologies work or science or even of whether Mr Glassman looks professional and sober.

Patrick Donnelly
06-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Ok, I went to show these to a friend today, and it seems they replaced the old files. Now they've got the audio, but the video has been clipped. Bastards! Regardless, they are still funny.

Does anyone have the originals saved?

Wayne Riddle
06-14-2010, 02:40 AM
I doubt ANSI really cares or that being "accreditated" is really a big deal. ANSI isn't a judge of fitness or what sort of fitness methodologies work or science or even of whether Mr Glassman looks professional and sober.

Bingo, all the ANSI stuff means (much like ISO) is you have a documented process and you follow it. I'll be interested in what exactly ANSI is going to certify, probably just the testing process.

Derek Weaver
06-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Ok, I went to show these to a friend today, and it seems they replaced the old files. Now they've got the audio, but the video has been clipped. Bastards! Regardless, they are still funny.

Does anyone have the originals saved?

I don't have the originals, but I'd say that the first video that's linked at the beginning of this thread still serves the intended purpose.

Jason Ashman
06-16-2010, 02:23 PM
More Bathroom humor from Glassman up on the journal site, which includes this little gem;

I'll tell you something way more important than the quality of your training, in terms of whether your deadlift technique is excellent or not, ok. Whether you're up to level 2 snuff, or not. And that is, simply, how clean your bathroom is.

I get (and agree with) the analogy of the video- You need to care about your place, and professionalism and pride is important. Clean bathrooms represent how much you care, and caring about your place- and your job- is important- but, dude, c'mon; you just said how clean your bathroom is is an accurate predictor of your coaching abilities. Not how successful you are as a box, or a trainer, or how much cash you make, but whether or not you're capable as a coach.

Hey, at least the overall message is right, and he looks sober- and is coherent- in this one.

Geoffrey Thompson
06-16-2010, 02:26 PM
No, it's an accurate predictor of whether you're up to level 2 snuff. It's an admission that level 2 isn't about becoming a better trainer, it's about professionalism in representing the brand. Or something like that.

Derek Weaver
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Is this a preview video that has a link you guys can post up here?

There's no way for everyone else to "enjoy" all of this crap without seeing what's going on.

Wayne Riddle
06-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Is this a preview video that has a link you guys can post up here?

On the CF homepage there is a link to a preview video.

Geoffrey Thompson
06-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Hmm, CF Journal just offered me a free 90-day trial. On the one hand, I'd get to see these funny videos. On the other, I might get brainwashed across broad time and modal domains. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Patrick Donnelly
06-24-2010, 07:36 PM
So, one of my PT clients on Tuesday recommended that I start my own "from the whiteboard" series. You see, during my sessions, I'll often go on a tangent during the rest periods and try to explain things like the why sum(1,...,n) = n*(n+1)/2 by mathematic induction or how a periodic function and discrete Fourier transform work, and it generally includes a lot of nonsensical scribbling, and sometimes even stick figures. Of course, these tangents do always touch back to the exercise at hand in one way (since that's what a tangent does, after all), you just normally wouldn't expect to hear that sort of stuff while working out.

My workouts are more like a physics class, rather than a birthday party, unfortunately.