PDA

View Full Version : Mat Flooring

Tobias Neal
03-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Though I would post this here for everyone. I tried to post to the Xfit message boards but apparently I have made some enemies and my stuff simply does't show up.

We own a prior affiliate and chose after several years to no longer contribute financially to Greg Glassman for personal reasons, however, I still enjoy much of the community and want to be helpful.

When we were cutting mats for the new lifting platforms we discovered a better way to cut them and I thought I would share.

We used 6x4 3/4 inch thick mats. We chalked our lines and used a carpentry knife to create a guide point; then we got a hack saw with a very fine blade and cut through the mats like butter. It took us on avg. about 25 seconds a mat and the lines came out smooth and the mats locked together well.

Hopefully, this is helpful.

Toby
www.TheUATC.com
We can, we must, we will find a way

Tyler Micheli
03-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Sweet, thanks for the tip!

Pat McElhone
03-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Though I would post this here for everyone. I tried to post to the Xfit message boards but apparently I have made some enemies and my stuff simply does't show up.

We own a prior affiliate and chose after several years to no longer contribute financially to Greg Glassman for personal reasons, however, I still enjoy much of the community and want to be helpful.

When we were cutting mats for the new lifting platforms we discovered a better way to cut them and I thought I would share.

We used 6x4 3/4 inch thick mats. We chalked our lines and used a carpentry knife to create a guide point; then we got a hack saw with a very fine blade and cut through the mats like butter. It took us on avg. about 25 seconds a mat and the lines came out smooth and the mats locked together well.

Hopefully, this is helpful.

Toby
www.TheUATC.com
We can, we must, we will find a way

Tobias,

I am surprised you lasted as long as you did over at CF. I was impressed with your comments regarding the Gym Jones article. You showed actual integrity and honesty with your comments.

I would love to see all the folks who were once affiliated with CF, but have now moved on, come together to form some basic affiliation. People who view training at a “high intensity” and developing skills with “broad recruitment patterns” as useful, however, they do not champion slinging light weights up as fast as possible in the name of “work capacity”.

I am looking forward to following your comments/advice/views over here.

Anyway, welcome Tobias,

Pat M

Jonathan Yoon
03-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Tobias,

I am surprised you lasted as long as you did over at CF. I was impressed with your comments regarding the Gym Jones article. You showed actual integrity and honesty with your comments.

I would love to see all the folks who were once affiliated with CF, but have now moved on, come together to form some basic affiliation. People who view training at a “high intensity” and developing skills with “broad recruitment patterns” as useful, however, they do not champion slinging light weights up as fast as possible in the name of “work capacity”.

I am looking forward to following your comments/advice/views over here.

Anyway, welcome Tobias,

Pat M

+1

Welcome aboard!

Tobias Neal
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the words...Look forward to being here