PDA

View Full Version : Wine choice?

Jason Tanner
03-18-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm trying to look for a red wine that is organic and without added sulfites? Any suggestions. Something cheap would be great. Thanks!

Garrett Smith
03-19-2010, 06:18 AM
Trader Joe's has a couple of them, if you have one in your area.

Jason Tanner
03-19-2010, 09:28 PM
ehhh... Back at home I do. But where I'm staying at right now just has Kroger's and a couple of liquor stores.

Garrett Smith
03-20-2010, 07:21 AM
Well, first see if they have any organic wines at all, then maybe you'll get to choose between two (if you're lucky...I think TJ's only has 2 or 3 at the most).

Mark Fenner
04-12-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm trying to look for a red wine that is organic and without added sulfites? Any suggestions. Something cheap would be great. Thanks!

In case you didn't know this, even if a bottle says "contains sulfiltes" it might not contain _added_ sulfites. Something that confuses many people -- causing needless arguing about one of the joys of life.

Best,
Mark

Brandon Oto
04-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Yep. Grapes have sulfites.

Joe Hart
04-12-2010, 10:21 AM
I have been partial to Jadot - bougelois (sp?) villages. Not sure about the sulfites but it is good.

Just to side track for a moment. Could sulfites cause you get a headache? There is a Sebastiani that causes my wife to get splitting headache with one glass. She is also prone to headaches so I am wondering sulfites could be the cause and in other stuff which would cause headaches.

Sorry about the hijack

Brandon Oto
04-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes, that's common.

Mike ODonnell
04-12-2010, 11:01 AM
In case you didn't know this, even if a bottle says "contains sulfiltes" it might not contain _added_ sulfites. Something that confuses many people -- causing needless arguing about one of the joys of life.

Best,
Mark

Reminds me of the whole "nitrate free" bacon....which still has nitrates.

2 buck chuck merlot seems to work for me....but I don't drink a ton of it.

Garrett Smith
04-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Grass-fed beef has trans fats too.

LOL, there's just nothing left to eat anymore at all.

Derek Weaver
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
My vote is for Carlo rossi. No idea about sulfites, I just know it comes in a big jug and is cheap.

Mostly just because drinking wine out of a jug makes you look cool.

Mike ODonnell
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Grass-fed beef has trans fats too.

LOL, there's just nothing left to eat anymore at all.

Zone bars