PDA

View Full Version : Stomach upset

Allen Yeh
03-30-2010, 05:58 AM
I'd say for the last few weeks whenever I eat a regular meal there are times that for hours afterwards I'll feel nauseated. For example yesterday I had lunch at noon and by 3 I wsa supposed to train, I just felt super nauseous so I just skipped the gym. Last night we had dinner (taco salad, = spinach, cheese, salsa, lean ground beef) at 6:30 pm and when I went to bed at 9:30 my stomach was still feeling "un well" (not sure what else to call it).

A few weeks ago I had a pretty bad stomach bug and didn't take any antibiotics any anything and currently I'm recovering from a respiratory thing (sore throat and coughing up yellow and green phlegm).

This past week I've been doubling up on my vitamin D (10,000 iu) and taking C like it's going out of style. The stomach thing keeps re occuring and it doesn't seem to matter if it's a high/low fat meal.

Any ideas?

Mike ODonnell
03-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Dump in some probiotics and let the bacteria battle it out? Kefir would be my choice, as it should be easy on the stomach....but then again the dairy may not agree with your current phlegm issues either.

Of course if I feel run down, I usually "nuke" the bad crap out too with Apple Cider Vinegar and put hot sauce on everything.

A recent experiment of "what would happen if I just drank a whole can of coconut milk on an empty stomach" proved to be a great "explosive" cleansing tool as well.....I think it could be the next Hollywood detox diet.

Steven Low
03-30-2010, 05:02 PM
May want to go to the doc just in case.

Could be heliobacter pylori or something else like that.

Agree with the probiotics though.

Allen Yeh
03-31-2010, 03:27 AM
I have a physical scheduled tomorrow so I'll bring that up.

Thanks for the ideas, the only probiotic stuff they had at the grocery store near work was the Dannon Activia yogurts. bought a few of those to tide me over, I'll have to find a better place today. Sick of feeling sick!

Do they Mango Habenero wings I had last night count as nuking the bad crap out?

Mike ODonnell
03-31-2010, 06:43 AM
Do they Mango Habenero wings I had last night count as nuking the bad crap out?

Only if your sweating out your eyeballs after

Garrett Smith
03-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Find a health food store (or healthy grocery store), buy a bottle of plain kefir, drink it over the course of a day.

Always overdo the probiotics afterwards if you think you have/had a stomach bug or if you do antibiotics.

Allen Yeh
03-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Check!

And the trip the bathroom almost brought the tears back!

Allen Yeh
03-31-2010, 07:26 AM
Find a health food store (or healthy grocery store), buy a bottle of plain kefir, drink it over the course of a day.

Always overdo the probiotics afterwards if you think you have/had a stomach bug or if you do antibiotics.

Living in this area now what I took for granted in the DC area...is much harder to find around here. Before there were Whole Foods and company galore...now it's like every 50 miles or so.

Allen Yeh
04-02-2010, 03:25 AM
Talked to the Dr. about the stomach thing at my physical yesterday and he thinks it's remnants of the norovirus. He told me to keep up with the kefir/yogurt thing and to also get some OTC probitic called Bacid and if my symptoms are still around after 2 weeks then we might need to reevaluate.

Allen Yeh
04-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Update:

My stomach thing has seemed to cleared up completely. I can eat a meal and not feel sick afterwards. Thanks to the probiotics.