PDA

View Full Version : Specific pull motion

Grissim Connery
04-21-2010, 07:24 PM
What's a good way to train the motion of pulling things apart with your hands, as if you had a hole in your sternum and you stuck your fingers in it and pulled it apart? my first thought is elastic bands, but i just dont' quite like the feeling. i'd rather not use a cable machine b/c i wanna be able to do it at home and such.

i've compromised a bit with renegade rows since you can rotate as if you were pulling a bow and arrow. i really just want a pull motion though. any ideas?

Greg Everett
04-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Lie on your side on a bench, down arm over the front and that hand on the floor, and row a DB up across your chest. if you want to shorten the rom, start the DB on a box at chest height or wherever you want it.

Garrett Smith
04-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Cable crossover machine, pulling (crossed-over) cables apart across the chest, getting resistance like you describe?

Greg Everett
04-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Also... pulling things apart with your hands is probably a good one.

Patrick Donnelly
04-22-2010, 03:41 PM
What's a good way to train the motion of pulling things apart with your hands
If you want to learn how to rip things to shreds with your bare hands, I suggest you just take a break from the webforums. I know that reading some of the topics that are posted around can be real aggravating, but ripping stuff to shreds isn't going to make it any better. Just take some time off and chill...

Grissim Connery
04-23-2010, 01:27 AM
Also... pulling things apart with your hands is probably a good one.

i tried pulling apart rods i had bent. as the rod straightens though, your grip changes angles and i don't like the feeling on the shoulders.

i was at home depot recently and tried to think of something else i could make that would be similar.