PDA

View Full Version : Soybean Oil Question

Nick Cummings
02-20-2007, 07:06 AM
I have been reading many negative things about soy and it made me think that some of the meat that I am able to eat free thanks to work is cooked with soybean oil on the grill. Would 1-4 tablespoons/day (rough estimation based on anywhere from 0-18ozs of meet cooked with grill sprayed with soybean oil) be a cause for concern? I do consume fish oil and do not eat any other sources of soy or any other omega 6 fats. I believe I am ok from the fatty acid balance perspective but wonder if that exceeds a moderate amount of soy consumption. Opinions welcome.

Mike ODonnell
02-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Yep I am not a big fan of high soy oil consumption.....may want to just rotate it with some canola oil.....walnut oil.....coconut oil.

Allen Yeh
02-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Yep I am not a big fan of high soy oil consumption.....may want to just rotate it with some canola oil.....walnut oil.....coconut oil.

I'm guessing he works in a restaurant or something because he said "gets at work for free" so changing the oil is most likely not a possibility.

Would that little amount of soybean oil be detrimental enough to offset the amount of food he gets for free?

Robb Wolf
02-20-2007, 12:46 PM
I dont see a problem with that...eat some veggies with it to sop up any radicals produced...sup with fish oil. Free food, sign me up!

Mike ODonnell
02-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah I missed the free part when I read it quick.....I'd take the man boobs if it was free food all day. :)