PDA

View Full Version : pizza vs in n out

Dan Bobba
05-02-2010, 04:23 AM
is it better to eat a couple slices of cheese pizza or a double double from in n out?

Collin O'Neill
05-02-2010, 07:10 AM
A double double because it will taste better.

Don't worry about it!

Garrett Smith
05-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Double double protein style.

Derek Weaver
05-02-2010, 09:12 AM
No offense but this is the dumbest thread on this forum.

I say this because there is no better option, just different degrees of awesomeness based on the mood and situation. Don't worry about things like this.

Arien Malec
05-02-2010, 09:39 AM
http://www.70sbig.com/?p=238

Steven Low
05-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Not the pizza, that's for sure.

Just make sure you bring your bottle of fish oil. :)

Mike ODonnell
05-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Better question....which beer to have with each.

Dan Bobba
05-02-2010, 02:13 PM
No offense but this is the dumbest thread on this forum.

I say this because there is no better option, just different degrees of awesomeness based on the mood and situation. Don't worry about things like this.

this may be the case good sir, but answer me this:

did it make you hungry?

cause i am about to go get both : p

Dan Bobba
05-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Better question....which beer to have with each.

corona for the win!

Brian DeGennaro
05-02-2010, 05:56 PM
The pizza is only ok if you have every kind of meat possible on it.

Derek Weaver
05-02-2010, 05:56 PM
this may be the case good sir, but answer me this:

did it make you hungry?

cause i am about to go get both : p

1) Yes.
2) I'm proud of you, and I don't know you.

I can't get over that we still do these discussions though. Oh no, carbs/grains! Yeah, it's a pizza/burger, do it up big feel like crap (or not) and be clean in between til the next "session"

Dan Bobba
05-02-2010, 08:42 PM
i feel weird for asking this but has anyone else ever finished a bench rep and with the weight still not quite racked done a napolean dynomite style "YESSSSSS!!"

Jay Ashman
05-03-2010, 03:47 AM
we need a goddamn In-n-out in NYC/Long Island. I'm getting pissed at all these west coasters eating double doubles with extra protein....

and for the record, I would take a bottle of Sam Adams, throw it in the freezer (from the fridge) for about 15 minutes or so and then drink that ice cold goodness with either the beer or pizza Brian D style.

In fact.... Brian, we should name the "every meat under the sun" pizza the "Brian D". Fuck it.

Brian DeGennaro
05-03-2010, 04:53 AM
It's a wonderfully delicious pizza; it turns your blood and sweat to pizza grease, and makes you and wherever you ate it smells like bacon for 48 hours.

Mike ODonnell
05-03-2010, 08:39 AM
In fact.... Brian, we should name the "every meat under the sun" pizza the "Brian D". Fuck it.

Enter the "Carnivore" pizza challenge outside of Atlanta.....the Man vs Food guy couldn't even finish it with a partner.....
http://www.bigpieinthesky.com/carnivore-challenge.html

Brian DeGennaro
05-03-2010, 08:44 AM
I get a pizza from Dominos that weighs 6lbs. First time I ate it I thought I was going to die. Ate it a few weeks ago for like the 4th time and my roommate pointed out that I already ate half the pizza in 10 minutes. I thought I ate only once slice. I actually wanted to order a second one cuz I was still hungry. mind you I also ate dinner an hour before.

I think I can put up a challenge here.

Dan Bobba
05-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I get a pizza from Dominos that weighs 6lbs. First time I ate it I thought I was going to die. Ate it a few weeks ago for like the 4th time and my roommate pointed out that I already ate half the pizza in 10 minutes. I thought I ate only once slice. I actually wanted to order a second one cuz I was still hungry. mind you I also ate dinner an hour before.

I think I can put up a challenge here.

DO IIIIITT!!!!

i am lucky enough to be like 3 miles from a new york pizza. it's a small little business establishment in san jose and mountain view that serves by the slice. they also tout the KING KONG pizza - i've never weighed it but it's fuggin' massive. i would love to see one person eat a whole one of those

John Alston
05-03-2010, 11:43 AM
we need a goddamn In-n-out in NYC/Long Island.

Miss the I-n-out since moving back here, too, but let's not bitch about burger needs in NYC. there's plenty of solid options.
Shake Shack. Burger Joint. 5 Guys. Jackson Hole. Ny Burger Co was even ok. I had the 5 Guys on the east side midtown Friday and it was decent.
Big fan of Paul's on 2nd ave. Classic soft burger.
Resource: http://www.bestburgernyc.com/

Jay Ashman
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm down, Brian.... I should go to Little Vincents in Huntington Village and order one with pepperoni, sausage, ham and then come home and throw on it bacon, beef and proscuitto and go to town on it.

my heart will stop from the salt alone

Ganine Vanalst
05-03-2010, 03:04 PM
we need a goddamn In-n-out in NYC/Long Island. I'm getting pissed at all these west coasters eating double doubles with extra protein....

Miss the I-n-out since moving back here, too, but let's not bitch about burger needs in NYC. there's plenty of solid options.
Shake Shack. Burger Joint. 5 Guys. Jackson Hole. Ny Burger Co was even ok.

White Castles!!!!!

Big fan of Paul's on 2nd ave.

You referring to the Paul's on 2nd & St. Marks Place? Good burgers. Used to get a bacon swissburger with jalapeños and sautéed mushrooms from them all the time.

Jay Ashman
05-03-2010, 04:04 PM
white castles are good, but the next day sucks

Brian DeGennaro
05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
After I had a case on my own I stopped eating White Castle; love the fries and milkshakes though.

Geoffrey Thompson
05-03-2010, 07:20 PM
double double? 4x4 animal style.

Brian DeGennaro
05-03-2010, 07:41 PM
I have to go to In n' Out, sounds like they cater to people like me.

Wayne Riddle
05-04-2010, 02:34 AM
corona for the win!

If going with cheap beer make it an ice cold PBR for me.

Allen Yeh
05-04-2010, 04:23 AM
I'm down, Brian.... I should go to Little Vincents in Huntington Village and order one with pepperoni, sausage, ham and then come home and throw on it bacon, beef and proscuitto and go to town on it.

my heart will stop from the salt alone

No way...I love my Diraimo's! Though I admit that Little Vincents in town is 2nd best.

Man, now I really want pizza....ugh you guys suck.

Allen Yeh
05-04-2010, 04:24 AM
white castles are good, but the next day sucks

when you get down to Huntington go to the burger place a few stores down and do the Roadstar Challenege, 4 patty cheeseburger for 1 red start or 2 stars if you can hit up 2. 2 wasn't really too bad, my name is up on the ceiling somewhere.

Brian DeGennaro
05-04-2010, 06:49 AM
The best part when you go to places and get a lot of food, is they start sizing you up to see if you can actually eat it all.

I went to Ruby Tuesdays with friends and got the salad bar, the colossal burger with broccoli, and the 12oz ribeye with more broccoli. I can't remember how many times he asked if I was sure i could eat it all, especially after he saw me down 4 huge salads prior to bringing the entrees out. He came back stunned, took my cleaned up plates, and then I went to get another salad. Later, he asked for my autograph.

Gant Grimes
05-04-2010, 07:25 AM
is it better to eat a couple slices of cheese pizza or a double double from in n out?

I ate a 1 pound hamburger last night and had a Tombstone pizza for dessert (I was hungry, and it was in the freezer). It's not a big deal.

BD is legit, but I question the heart of many eaters here. And as a former member of IFOCE (now merged with MLE), I get to do that.

Reread the article that Arien linked. It explains why BD can eat half a pizza in ten minutes and not feel full. True knowledges from JM Blakely.

http://www.70sbig.com/?p=238

Brian DeGennaro
05-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Too bad my stature and weight class doesn't quite allow me to be 70's Big :p

Jay Ashman
05-04-2010, 12:49 PM
when you get down to Huntington go to the burger place a few stores down and do the Roadstar Challenege, 4 patty cheeseburger for 1 red start or 2 stars if you can hit up 2. 2 wasn't really too bad, my name is up on the ceiling somewhere.

ooohhhh that place, yes.... consider that done this weekend. I live in Babylon, Huntington is a few miles away, which is 30 minutes plus up that bullshit 110.

I will join your name, in fact if I find your name I will take a pic and post it here.

Jay Ashman
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Gant, I used to be able to consume a large amount of food at a sitting, now I am selective with that, there are days when I eat a little and I am full and there are days when I can eat 2 pizzas and still be hungry.

I've had nights where my wife made me 4-5 meat quesadillas that weighed about 3 pounds collectively and finished them all.

But, I still would be hardpressed to meet Brian D's eating feats, that kid can eat.

Gant Grimes
05-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Too bad my stature and weight class doesn't quite allow me to be 70's Big :p

>200 pounds is not a hard line for those 5'8 or under. If you've ever been thrown out of a restaurant, you're on the right path.

I had Genghis Grill today. I might need to film the technique I use to pack 3 lbs. of meat into one bowl.

Brian DeGennaro
05-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Hrm... do you keep creating a lining on the inside of the bowl and pack it in? That's the only way I've been able to pack a ton of meat into them. Man oh man do I want some Mongolian BBQ now.

Kevin Perry
05-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Hmm 200 lbs at 5'5" would require an automated feeding machine down my throat. I think I'll stick with an ocassional gorge into five guys, china buffets, deep dish everything pizzas and beer. Unfortunately there is no in-n-out here, I tried emailing them and demanding it but it didn't get far.

Brian DeGennaro
05-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I remember once at an all you can eat Japanese restaurant my portion sizes slowly started getting smaller and smaller each subsequent order that night. I think the next time I was there they only gave me half of what I asked for too. Boy did they regret that price drop.

The 77kg weight class is treating me nicely at the moment for lifting, so I'll stay here and see how far it goes. If I stall out, then I move up, maybe, only if my numbers can be even more competitive in the 85s.

Allen Yeh
05-05-2010, 03:48 AM
ooohhhh that place, yes.... consider that done this weekend. I live in Babylon, Huntington is a few miles away, which is 30 minutes plus up that bullshit 110.

I will join your name, in fact if I find your name I will take a pic and post it here.

Sweet! The sweet potato fries there are legit too.

Jay Ashman
05-05-2010, 04:35 AM
Allen, I already warned my wife we are going there Saturday....

I think its American Roadside if I am not mistaken. Its only 7.90 for the 4 patty cheeseburger, a bargain.

Gant Grimes
05-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Hrm... do you keep creating a lining on the inside of the bowl and pack it in? That's the only way I've been able to pack a ton of meat into them. Man oh man do I want some Mongolian BBQ now.

Yes. Go to grill first and get your wet naps. Then go the sauce part and get your little ramekin. That's your tamper.

When you go through the meat line, check the meats for cut and softness. A lot of times the steak is cubed and quasi-frozen. Don't get that; you're just paying for air. I go straight for the shredded beef. It's lean, tender, and--because of it's large surface area to volume ratio--soft and easy to pack.

The packing is the easy part. Put a scoop in and pack it with the ramekin. Repeat until you have a somewhat hard pile of meat filling up your entire bowl. If you want, you can put a slight indentation in the middle (so as to filter your next layers towards the inside of the cone), but it's not necessary.

Next come the sliced (not diced) onions. These form a bed on which to put veggies (if you roll that way). You can pack the veggies with your hands; that's what the wet nap is for. Get another ramekin to put your eggs in as these won't fit into a proper bowl. Give it to the cooks and then watch as they struggle to unpack the meat from the bowl. Look around the grill. You'll have 2-3x the amount of meat that others have.

Enjoy.

Brian DeGennaro
05-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I have to meet you and have a BBQ with you. You speak my language.

Geoffrey Thompson
05-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Holy crap. That is a bowl of justice. I am taking my wife to Mongolian BBQ sometime soon, preferably on a training day.