PDA

View Full Version : Power Snatch question

Kevin Shaughnessy
05-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Hi,

I'm having an issue with my power snatch technique. Basically it feels like instead of exploding the bar to lockout overhead im exploding it to a few inches short and then pressing it the rest of the way. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Greg Everett
05-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Sounds like you're just not pulling under to the necessary depth for the height you've lifted the bar. Just because it's a power snatch doesn't mean you don't have to match your receipt depth to the height of the bar - you need to turn it over just as aggressively as any other lift and get under it completely.

Will Peterson
05-15-2010, 05:55 PM
When I get that feeling that I am pressing the last bit of a snatch, it usually means that my arms bent early. When my arms bend early, I don't pull myself under the bar as mentioned above. Commonly, when I am trying a new weight, I will feel the need to muscle it up and bring that high pull shoulder motion into the lift. It can also be a sign that I am tired and would be considered a near miss as my pull was not explosive enough = my legs are tired. Focus on when you are bending you arms, and I think that the problem will solve itself.