PDA

View Full Version : Physical Therapy plus massage

Joel Barnett
05-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out with a referral to a good PT and/or message therapist.

I started a new job at the beginning of this year and as part of the compensation package, a bunch of therapeutic massage appointments are covered. I believe the number is around 24 a year. I don't have any major issues, but I got to thinking it would be nice to try this out for general health, prevention, recovery and such. I've never done this, but I hear it is good for you.

Since I don't know any Physical Therapists and or massage therapists, I was wondering if anyone would mind referring someone to me? Or, even referring me to someone that could refer me! They could be different people and/or locations for the PT and massage, but it would be nice for a one stop shop. I live in Renton...which is a suburb of Seattle, but I work in Pierce County (south about an hour)...so I am pretty flexible as to location.

Thanks in advance. Let me know if I omitted any major information needed. I appreciate any advice offered.

Joel B.

Derek Simonds
05-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Joel that is an awesome package from your employer.

Wayne Riddle
05-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Wish I had a perk like that. Massages twice a month covered by insurance...

Chris Butler
05-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Wish I had a perk like that. Massages twice a month covered by insurance...I wish my less than affluent (blue collar) clients had that perk. Sure would make my efforts more productive.

Steven Low
05-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Niceeee.

I would ask around... in particular try to find the guys that the local sports teams in your area use. Generally. those people tend to be better than most.

Joel Barnett
05-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Yes, it is a great benefit. I didn't know about it for the first 5 months, but now I am going to use it.

I'll see if I can find out what some of the local sports teams use. Maybe like the minor league hockey or baseball teams.

Thanks very much for the advice. I appreciate it!

Chris Butler
05-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Sorry I forgot to post this before. This link should help you.
http://www.amtamassage.org/findamassage/locator.aspx