PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

Derek Weaver
06-02-2010, 06:03 PM
I found this video looking through the interwebz after seeing Dr. Ken Leistner mentioned elsewhere.

Towards the end, he cleans and presses the inch dumbbell like it's nothing. That's the real reason I posted this video. I think he does also midway through, but I'm too lazy to find out how many minutes + seconds it is.

http://hammproductions.com/www/drken.html (not really wfs-language, old dude with tats on his torso and arms etc.)

Seeing some of his stuff on training is intriguing to say the least. If people are interested in more I've got some links I can put up that were attributed to him when I found them.

he's been mentioned in this forum before, but in threads about others, just in passing.

Derek Simonds
06-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I think that is an inch replica that is shot loadable, you can see the nipple on the top at the end of the video. I am not saying that it was empty or that I am positive that it was a shot loadable replica. Nor am I taking anything away from the guy. Just pointing it out.

Donald Lee
06-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Interesting video. I wonder what happened to all his muscle.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think he's a HIT guy. But, Pavel seems to be a big fan.

Brian DeGennaro
06-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Wish his place on Long Island was still open... *pout*

Derek Weaver
06-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Interesting video. I wonder what happened to all his muscle.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think he's a HIT guy. But, Pavel seems to be a big fan.

As far as his training, very HIT centric. Not quite the same as Arthur Jones, ellington Darden etc. Those guys are idiots. He has a decent approach and has shown some pretty impressive results.

Re Muscle: He was real big in college from what I've seen on the webz. Then dieted back down. Squatted 405 for something like 23 reps ~160 lbs. He's also maybe 60 or so in that video.

I'm pretty sure that's a real inch dumbbell. Considering all the other strength feats he's got, I'd be surprised if that one was a work. Could be, I just wouldn't think so.

Dave Van Skike
06-02-2010, 08:24 PM
great find.

Derek Weaver
06-02-2010, 11:01 PM
It's incredible what kind of information can be mined from the web when one is sick, bored and gets on a link clicking frenzy. Occasionally the results are frightening. Other times they're a bit more productive.

Post from Dave Draper's site: http://www.davedraper.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/1486/

Real nice minimalist approach (well, sorta) for those of us who don't recover well, have other sports we play, or want to get in and get out 2-3x/week.

No idea what his take would be on back off stuff in the ~50% range to groove movements.

I have seen several times that he differs greatly from other HIT'ers in that he is fine, or even recommends, running and the like. Whoa.