PDA

View Full Version : New member crossing over

Kevin Scott Kett
02-21-2007, 03:13 PM
All,

I just signed up to this forum and wanted to say Hi / Introduce myself. I am coming over from XFit and have been a subscriber to the PM for a bit over a year now. Live down in the Tucson area.

I dont say much on the boards but it is great to see the old familiar names.

Thanks, Kevin Kett

Mike ODonnell
02-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the dark side.......Whoooooshhh...Haaaaaaaa(best Darth Vader asmatic breathing most likely due to a over abundance of dairy from the Death Star caffeteria....)

Yael Grauer
02-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Yay, a fellow Tucsonan!!

How about that snow last month?!

Ron Nelson
02-21-2007, 04:22 PM
You're more than welcome to hang out with us bad kids under the bleachers, but bring your own cigs and grass-fed beef. Also, if we have a kegger, see MOD for your own cup.
No sharing!
[/metaphor]

Mike ODonnell
02-21-2007, 04:26 PM
$10 a cup....Robb made us get Gluten free beer...better be good!!

Robb Wolf
02-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Kevin-
If you like gluten free beer, meat and inane conversations...you have landed in the right spot! Don't be too much of a perv-lurker! contribute once in a while!

Scott Kustes
02-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Speaking of gluten-free beer, I was in Whole Paycheck this past weekend and decided to search some out. As I couldn't find any, I ended up with a $13 4-pack of Bluegrass Brewing Company's Bourbon Barrel Stout (yeah, that's how we roll down here; beer brewed in bourbon barrels at about 9.5% alcohol). Robb, gimme a recommendation on some gluten-free stuff por favor amigo?

Robb Wolf
02-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Speaking of gluten-free beer, I was in Whole Paycheck this past weekend and decided to search some out. As I couldn't find any, I ended up with a $13 4-pack of Bluegrass Brewing Company's Bourbon Barrel Stout (yeah, that's how we roll down here; beer brewed in bourbon barrels at about 9.5% alcohol). Robb, gimme a recommendation on some gluten-free stuff por favor amigo?

Well...this is in the UK but looks damn fun!
http://www.glutenfreebeerfestival.com/

Redbridge is from Anheuser bush...and is not surprisingly, a bit like Budweiser but a bit closer to a pale ale. Pretty good. Not Guinness (my precious.....) but good.

And...the other one I tried is the Rampo Valley kosher Passover Beer:
http://www.ramapovalleybrewery.com/

Actually my fav thus far. I really like mead and this has just a hint of that honey taste with all the hoppy goodness of beer. it's also Kosher and thus, endorsed by GOD. Can't beet that for a marketing spokes-Deity.

I just need to say publicly...I'm REALLY not obsessed with gluten free beer. I can walk away from that stuff ANYTIME...

Scott Kustes
02-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Well...this is in the UK but looks damn fun!
http://www.glutenfreebeerfestival.com/

Redbridge is from Anheuser bush...and is not surprisingly, a bit like Budweiser but a bit closer to a pale ale. Pretty good. Not Guinness (my precious.....) but good.

And...the other one I tried is the Rampo Valley kosher Passover Beer:
http://www.ramapovalleybrewery.com/

Actually my fav thus far. I really like mead and this has just a hint of that honey taste with all the hoppy goodness of beer. it's also Kosher and thus, endorsed by GOD. Can't beet that for a marketing spokes-Deity.

I just need to say publicly...I'm REALLY not obsessed with gluten free beer. I can walk away from that stuff ANYTIME...
So can you drink gluten-containing beers? If so, you've gotta try some of this BBC Bourbon Barrel Stout. As Dave Chapelle said about Samuel Jackson beer: "It'll get ya drunk!" Two of those and you'll be dancing on the table with a lampshade on your head. Or maybe that's just me. I've heard stories about mead...as in "knock you on your ass" stories about the mead at Cumberland Brews down here. I need to stop being such a boring married guy and get out to try some.

I think we need to have a Performance Menu meet in the infield at the Kentucky Derby on May 5th. Whoever can walk the straighest at 6pm gets to drive home (that's a joke!).

Are you telling me that God is a person spokesperson than, say, Britney Spears? Seriously, can s/he compete with her shaved-head and panties-free escapades?

Joe Marsh
02-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Not to turn the discussion away from the all-wonderful beer (anyone try samuel smith? great stuff!), but I was curious as to why PM might be considered "the dark side"?

Ron Nelson
02-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Probably because half of the crap on these threads would end up in Pukie's Bucket over on "The Good Side."

This was meant in the most loving and respectful way as I am responsible for a good amount of said "crap."

Mike ODonnell
02-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Not to turn the discussion away from the all-wonderful beer (anyone try samuel smith? great stuff!), but I was curious as to why PM might be considered "the dark side"?

Because we discuss the pros and cons of any workout....whether it be KBs, Westside or even CF. Most of the talk is kept very open and scientific without any censoring....as I believe everyone is entitled to see both sides of anything out there.

That and Ron.....he is evil.....

Jamila Bey
02-24-2007, 03:18 PM
And some of us don't feel the need to hide our heathenry over here either.

Not all Muslims should be bombed into oblivion. (Can I even suggest that?)

Mike ODonnell
02-24-2007, 03:42 PM
I think Jamila was trying to so positively put it.....No Politics involved over here....that and it's not run by one person's views...although dont tell Robb that...I think he had a PM crown ordered.

Oh yeah...Greg's rule too....No High School Bullshit allowed....so no picking on me....I cry too easily...

Robb Wolf
02-25-2007, 08:48 AM
I think Jamila was trying to so positively put it.....No Politics involved over here....that and it's not run by one person's views...although dont tell Robb that...I think he had a PM crown ordered.

HA!! Crown, Fudge that crap! This Emperor Wears no clothes. It's lonely...kinda cold this time of year...shrinkage IS somewhat of an issue...but I'm the Emperor Damnit...it's not THAT creepy...

Ron Nelson
02-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Because we discuss the pros and cons of any workout....whether it be KBs, Westside or even CF. Most of the talk is kept very open and scientific without any censoring....as I believe everyone is entitled to see both sides of anything out there.

That and Ron.....he is evil.....

I'm sorry, I was drinking, what did you say??

Oh, here, an evil eye:

@@
x

where the hell is my Guiness?

falls down. . .

Jamila Bey
02-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Don't fall down the stairs.

Ron Nelson
02-25-2007, 09:00 PM
HA!! Crown, Fudge that crap! This Emperor Wears no clothes. It's lonely...kinda cold this time of year...shrinkage IS somewhat of an issue...but I'm the Emperor Damnit...it's not THAT creepy...

The empreror needs to get dressed.

Ron Nelson
02-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Don't fall down the stairs.

Two things: 1. It's a good thing you're about 3,000 miles away.

2. It's a good thing we're both married. Just saying.

Pierre Auge
02-26-2007, 04:32 AM
I just like listening to the tree huggin' hippies around here. They're funny in their own way and some are pretty handy in the gym too.

Allen Yeh
02-26-2007, 04:38 AM
The empreror needs to get dressed.

I'm blinded....

Mike ODonnell
02-26-2007, 05:02 AM

Dont worry Jamila....he used the same excuse on me....but just our little secret.........whispering....I told him I was married just to stop all those harrassing phone calls.....and really....flowers at work?? Get original....shessshhhhh

Ron Nelson
02-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Dont worry Jamila....he used the same excuse on me....but just our little secret.........whispering....I told him I was married just to stop all those harrassing phone calls.....and really....flowers at work?? Get original....shessshhhhh

8:00 in the morning (your time, not mine), and you've already been drinking?
Must have a big day ahead.

You said you liked the flowers.

Robb Wolf
02-26-2007, 05:52 PM

I didnt want to say anything...but spot on!

Jamila Bey
02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I wanna be the first non-Mormon woman to have her own harem.

Applications are being taken at the end of this thread.

:D

Allison Barns
02-28-2007, 10:03 PM
I wanna be the first non-Mormon woman to have her own harem.

Applications are being taken at the end of this thread.

:D

Jamila - you are on to something!

I want to be the second non-Mormom woman to have her own harem!

Ron Nelson
02-28-2007, 10:35 PM
I like long walks on the beach, pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain.

Also, I believe the children are our future. Teach them well. . .

Do I get the "position?" I don't giggle too much when a woman mentions working the snatch in the gym.

Allen Yeh
03-01-2007, 03:45 AM
So are guys allowed to be in 2 harems at once? Or is this a strictly one harem allowed policy?

Ken Urakawa
03-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Perhaps a community pool of men, available to anyone who with the appropriate PM Forum credentials...kind of like the "Book Club" that's been thrown about...

Ken Urakawa
03-01-2007, 04:06 AM
*MOD--that was not a come on*

Allison Barns
03-02-2007, 08:02 PM
So are guys allowed to be in 2 harems at once? Or is this a strictly one harem allowed policy?

Jamila is on the east coast and I'm on the west coast so I guess we could share without too much trouble :D

Jamila Bey
03-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Isn't this the "Performance Menu?" If the "performance" is up to par, come one and all!

'Cause it's about the love y'all. Really it is.

Ron Nelson
03-03-2007, 11:14 AM
As I said last night during our opening softball game (yes, I play softball. . .I'm 44 and my legs feel every year of it): I'm a lover, not a runner.

BTW, 3 for 4 with a home run, double and single. Popped up to first in my first at-bat or I would have gone for the "cycle."

If that's not sexy, I don't know what is. My wife often accuses me of the latter.

Jamila Bey
03-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Allison, may I offer you one harem member who is exclusively yours?

:p

Allison Barns
03-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Jamila, sure ... but does that mean I have to learn about softball?? I'll have to see if there's a "Softball for Dummies" book available on the PM book club.

(Wow - I wonder if Kevin had any idea what he might get into when came to play with us!:D )

Mike ODonnell
03-03-2007, 10:52 PM
softball....the only sport you can still play holding a beer.....oh wait...curling too.....

Allison Barns
03-04-2007, 05:47 PM
softball....the only sport you can still play holding a beer.....oh wait...curling too.....

Suppose that's all I need to know!

Ron Nelson
03-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Hello?? Bowling??

Ron Nelson
03-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Allison, may I offer you one harem member who is exclusively yours?

:p

I am not feeling the love here.

Allen Yeh
03-05-2007, 06:00 AM

Curling a weight or that odd sport on ice with the brooms seems like you can do both.

Allison Barns
03-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Now, now, Ron....I'm willing to learn a new language (softball) .... ain't that love?

Ron Nelson
03-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Look these up:
Flat pitch, man on, full count, go with the pitch, hold two, hold three, go all the way, sweet beer, you're killing me blue, watch the middle, up the middle, mercy rule, you're buying, when do we go for pizza?, two and bar-b-que.

It's a start. I'm warming to this idea.