PDA

View Full Version : cardio...

Timothy Scalise
08-23-2010, 12:06 AM
... Im lifting heavy, eating a lot, and getting stronger. I am in no way wanting or trying to get all metro and stuff, but I also dont want to look like jaba the hut, and the gut is getting bigger. How much cardio is ok? what are good things to do? I like being strong, and want to be stronger, but I would also like to see my toes. Diet is good as well, meat, veggies, milk, more meat, dont eat much as far as grains, but I love potatoes.

Derek Weaver
08-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Start walking.

30 minutes as a minimum, in addition to whatever other movement you get. Should help keep things in check at least a little and won't screw up your strength gains as long as you don't get all nutty.

Kevin Shaughnessy
08-23-2010, 11:33 AM
^ I was walking around 2 hours a day and still managed to fat-fuck myself doing SS and eating unreasonably.

OP, I think the answer is to scale things back in the diet rather then look to cardio.

Mahir Barbaro
08-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Change in diet will always help trim fat. But I remember from my body-building days that the big boy competitors always talked about their 'cardio' sessions as part of their cutting phase before a competition. It was something like 2-3 times a week of 30 minute walks on a treadmill with the incline just about all the way up. And you know they weren't trying to lose any size.

Derek Weaver
08-23-2010, 03:08 PM
^ I was walking around 2 hours a day and still managed to fat-fuck myself doing SS and eating unreasonably.

OP, I think the answer is to scale things back in the diet rather then look to cardio.

That's an impressive effort to walk around over 2 hours/day and still get fat.

The extra walking is meant to help keep things at bay. Not like he'll stay ripped with teh abz or anything, but there should be benefits for him. One of them being the possibility of a little less fat.

Gant Grimes
08-23-2010, 07:47 PM
It's all about diet.
It's all about diet.
It's all about diet.
It's all about diet.
It's all about diet.
It's all about diet.
It's all about diet.

Frank Needham
08-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah, there's this thing called food and.......you know, you just gotta eat less. I was doing SS a while back and eating like, a ton, and drinking milk like its going out of style. Well, guess what, I gained 25 lbs in short order and now I'm sporting a nice belly. Its hell to get off too once its there because there's this thing called food and.....its good.

Derek Weaver
08-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Timothy,
Read this article: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html