View Full Version : Uneven landing in the OL lifts
09-04-2010, 04:23 AM
During the clean and snatch, and especially during the snatch, my feet tends to land uneven mostly all the time. The left foot is usually the one landing behind my right one.
I found that my left pelvic/butt rotates forward and my right one backwards while standing straight. What mobility imbalance is causing this? I think that this is the cause of the backward and forward landing.
09-04-2010, 07:53 AM
There's a ton that could be going on (all at the same time and connected to one another maybe), like tight psoas, tight lateral hamstring, lack of external rotation in the hip, twisted rib-cage, and a humeral head sitting forward of its socket.
09-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Well, then here are som facts about my mobility imbalances.
* Left leg doesn't have as good hip internal and external rotation
* Left knee is more valgus and gets more sore from patella tendonitis
* Left foot pronates
* More anterior pelvic tilt on the left side (figured since I don't have as good hip extension here as on right, left side on lower back gets tired/cramping sometimes when lifting)
* A little bit better hamstring flexibility on right leg than left (one legged hamstring toe-touch test)
* My ribcage has always been a little twisted (left side forward, right back).
vBulletin v3.6.2, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.