PDA

View Full Version : Routine Question

Tom Miller
09-11-2010, 10:40 AM
And Yes, yet another question of if the routine I thought up sitting on the couch would work! Please indulge!

How does this sound, 4x week, (M,T,Th,F)

Warmup and Skill work:
(M,T,TH.,F)
5-10 min Wall handstands
L-Sit Work

Push:

M,T,TH,F: PL progression: Steady State of Frog stands
M: XR Pushups
T: HSPU Progression
Th: XR Pushups
F: Weighted Dips

Pull:

M,T,TH,F: FL/BL Progressions: Steady State of BtGB Progressions

M: XR Row
T: W. Pullups
Th: XR Row
F: Pullup progressions( L-Pulls, etc)

I guess what I'm trying to see if this jives with the routine construction article on eatmoveimprove.com, I am trying to combine what I've read in that article, Coach Sommer's book, and Jim Bathurst's article on integrating BW with weight training...Any tips, suggestions, criticism would be appreciated, especially if I am WAY off base and this routine just doesn't make any sense!

Thank you,

Tom Miller
Semper Fi!

Grissim Connery
09-11-2010, 11:08 AM
yeah sounds fine

Steven Low
09-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Looks good to me... if that's any consolation (considering I wrote the EMI article).

Tom Miller
09-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Ha! Yes Steven I was sortof hoping you would come along and say something, I don't like to post these things, but every once in a while I need a sanity check, make sure I'm not too far out on the limb, especially after reading the P. Menu article by Jim on integrating it with weighted exercise and the such.

Thanks for the help!

-Tom Miller
Semper Fi!

Donald Lee
09-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah, it looks good, but at some point, you're probably going to have to get rid of some stuff or start focusing more. For example, you might need to do 2 days/week of HSPU or 2 days/week of Weighted Pullups/Chinups to progress on those exercises. They don't need to be the same exercise on both days, but they should be similar. For example, Back Squat and Front Squat, Weighted Pullup and Weighted Chinup, HSPU negatives and HSPU's through whatever ROM, 1-Arm Pullup or Chinup work and Weighted Pullup/Chinup, etc.

When you start doing this, you can eliminate other stuff or just do 1-2 sets once a week of them.

Edit: I just noticed that you are sort of doing this, but some day you will for sure have to do more HSPU work.

Jack Hunckler
09-12-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm a new member, too, Tom. So my advice may not be as valuable as what you're getting from the seniors, but your routine looks not that much different from the one my coach laid out for my summer maintenance work.

:cool: Mephisto (http://www.shoestores.com)