PDA

View Full Version : questions...

Daniel Lykins
02-24-2007, 03:33 PM
how does one reconcile IF with avoiding eating before bed, and before working out?

i typically wake up at 2-3 PM, train jiujitsu and/or muay thai from 530 to 9 and go to bed around 4-530AM. when should i be eating? obviously i can't train on a full stomach, and i can't sleep on one either. should i just try to cram my eating between, like, 9pm until midnight? wouldn't that be bad for my digestive system, trying to deal with that much all at once?

also, does anyone doing the 1 day on/1 day off eat any supplements on the days off? fish oil, cod liver oil, probiotics, multivitamins, zma, etc etc.

thanks

Robb Wolf
02-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Daniel-
What's up with fighters and the vampire lifestyle?:) Glen Cordoza keeps the same hours as you do!

How to eat...sounds like you have a super busy schedule the intermittent fasting may not lend itself well at this point in your life. For this to work you ideally need a fair stretch of time to get the food in. It does not look like you have that. Post Workout meals that are easily digested may be the key to making it work at all however.

Most of the folks I've followed doing the alternate day fast seem to not use supps like shakes.

Keep us posted!

Daniel Lykins
02-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Daniel-
What's up with fighters and the vampire lifestyle?:) Glen Cordoza keeps the same hours as you do!

How to eat...sounds like you have a super busy schedule the intermittent fasting may not lend itself well at this point in your life. For this to work you ideally need a fair stretch of time to get the food in. It does not look like you have that. Post Workout meals that are easily digested may be the key to making it work at all however.

Most of the folks I've followed doing the alternate day fast seem to not use supps like shakes.

Keep us posted!

well funnily enough while i was all for the vampire lifestyle, once i started with the bjj i did an almost 180 and loved waking up at like 7, 8am. but now i live with my girlfriend who works 4pm->1am and it's switched back :-).

but yeah, i'm not really busy as at all (no job) it's just i'm handicapped by the schedule my muay thai/bjj classes are and the sleeping schedule my girlfriend keeps.

anyhoo i'll see what i can figure out -- the gym does have classes on m/t/w/th only, so perhaps i can fast on one of my days off

thanks, daniel