PDA

View Full Version : November 20th, 2010

Brandon Enos
09-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Saturday, November 20th, 2010; in Sacramento, CA, there is going to be a APA Powerlifting meet. Anyone from the boards going to be there? I'm going to be, going to be my first meet. Already know my lifts wont be anything to write home. Only have a few months of serious lifting under my belt with almost a year layoff previous to that..but I don't care quite frankly. I've got an itch to compete and don't plan on trying to beat anybody but myself anyways.

Garrett Smith
09-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Saturday, November 20th, 2010; in Sacramento, CA, there is going to be a APA Powerlifting meet. Anyone from the boards going to be there? I'm going to be, going to be my first meet. Already know my lifts wont be anything to write home. Only have a few months of serious lifting under my belt with almost a year layoff previous to that..but I don't care quite frankly. I've got an itch to compete and don't plan on trying to beat anybody but myself anyways.
I won't be there, but have a great time and pick easy openers!

James Evans
09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Wow, Brandon, where have you been? Other than off powerlifting obviously.

Brandon Enos
09-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Haha yeah, it's been a while haha. My life got kind of hectic for a little bit and took some time off from just about everything but work and just trying to scrape by. Things finally settled down enough a few months ago for me to get back into things, and started Wendler's 5/3/1 a couple months ago. I love the simplicity...plus I finally came to a realization.

I can lose a lot of fat and look awesome, but I'm never going to be a light weight. Gotta embrace that. At my current stats, even if I got down to 9% body fat, still going to be like 217 pounds (this is assuming I don't gain any muscle; and that the tape measure test is close to accurate). So, embracing that. Picking up powerlifting haha when I figure out how to A) find competitions and B) work the training in, probably do some strongman/highland stuff too.

I just want to be light enough to go skydiving and be healthy. And as strong as possible for my weight class, without being to big for the shoulder straps on roller coasters......I LOVE rollercoasters! haha and as it is, some of them are already kinda tight....

But yeah, def plan on being on here more now that I'm getting back into the heat of things.

James Evans
10-01-2010, 02:53 AM
This is really good to hear.

I know your career has been a factor in what you've been doing in the past but I think it's important that you do something because you enjoy it not because you feel you have to.

Good luck with the run in to your meet.