PDA

View Full Version : How the hell can I train for the 15 OHS??!

Rick Deckart
10-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I will allow myself a crosspost from the P&B, my online presence will soon be very very infrequent so see it like so - i still want to share a couple of things from my bag of tricks...

Yesterday I was asked how to train for the 15 OHS with bodyweight, perhaps my trademark lift, as I was the first to put a video of this feat online...

...so here it goes - i was asked for it, sorry - the one and only overhead squat program which is designed to bring you to the point where you can do that 15 OHS with bodyweight

% reps sets
47 x 13 x 3
47 x 13 x 5
47 x 13 x 8
47 x 13 x 10
47 x 13 x 13
53 x 12 x 5
53 x 12 x 8
53 x 12 x 10
53 x 12 x 12
59 x 11 x 5
59 x 11 x 8
59 x 11 x 11
71 x 10 x 5
71 x 10 x 10
82 x 9 x 9
94 x 8 x 8
106 x 7 x 7

you will lift every other day, two minutes rest between sets, real fanny kicker; % are with respect to bodyweight. You must be able to do a triple with bodyweight to use this program, if your still not there after one run, wait two weeks increase all weights 5-10 kg and repeat. After that I guarantee that you can pull the stunt off, like real easy!

Infact I will pay anyone who cannot after two runs, showing me his log and and a video of his failure, 20 bucks...

be forewarned though, smolov is a walk in the park , cool breeze in the face, and vaccation drink in the hand compared to this... not so much physical but MENTAL
finishing that session no 5 without calling quit is really really demanding... and finishing you must or the cycle will collapse.

it works quite good though, combined with KB swings between sets, lets put it that way, it's close to impossible but still very doable you will hate every set...

i used this program with slight variations seven times spread over 2 years and could finally pull the stunt off on my off days, my youtube account shows a video of a set of 16 (http://www.youtube.com/user/rubiconruhig1?feature=mhum#p/u/6/L96lh7A4glk) after 1 and a half hour heavy as shit lifting, and I was really exhausted afterwards but a set of 20 seemed doable to me at the time...

if you are seriously into the olympic lifts, stay the fuck away from the stunt, it won't do you any good... pick your poison and stick to it.

Rick Deckart
11-02-2010, 11:48 PM
the following four cycles spread over a year - it is only 22 weeks in total - will bring even a sixties senior to the point that he can do it as a party trick...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13406264/themightylouse.xls

Will Peterson
11-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Dr. PP --

I read P&B much more frequently, but I can't post over there. Thank you for your couple of well thought out cycles. They are basic enough where I always think -- what's so complicated about that. I think that is the key -- they are not complicated, but I didn't come up with it on my own.

I've also read your recent article. What every writing "style" you have found, it is certainly your own.

Rick Deckart
11-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Thankyou! I spent Three Years studying smolov...