PDA

View Full Version : Two different questions

Ivan Perez
10-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Hi guys

I'm reading Idaho Weightlifting's programs and in many programs there is 3 sets of "press", meanwhile "incline" is one exercise from others programs... so I've a doubt.

"press" could be military/push press or bench press? :confused: I assume that "incline" is incline bench press

The other question is about Sword's squat program... Can I use same template for clean & snatch deadlift?... maybe it's a really crazy idea :p

Regards and thanks in advance

Steven Low
10-12-2010, 06:41 AM
"press" by itself is always going to be an overhead press usually standing

Second Q I have no clue

Gant Grimes
10-12-2010, 08:27 AM
The other question is about Sword's squat program... Can I use same template for clean & snatch deadlift?

I wouldn't recommend it. Squats are foundation lifts in a variety of strength training programs. CL DL and Sn DL are assistance lifts for weightlifters. Why would you dedicate the time and energy to that amount of volume on assistance work?

Ivan Perez
10-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the answer ;)

I wouldn't recommend it. Squats are foundation lifts in a variety of strength training programs. CL DL and Sn DL are assistance lifts for weightlifters. Why would you dedicate the time and energy to that amount of volume on assistance work?

I'll start a DL strengh cycle in January and I'm thinking to use Russian Strengh Program, but I remember Sword's program and... yes, it's a terrible idea

Ivan Perez
10-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Two questions more:

I'm focused in oly lifts, so if I'll do a DL strengh cycle, I'll waste my time??
Would I pull strong while i'll do Sword's program??

Regards